Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,124,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
They are both civil rights issue. I agree Blacks had it worse, but as far as interracial marriage it is same. States pass bans keeping interracial couples from marrying just like many states passed gay marriage bans. How again is that different?
Why is everything we desire now considered a right? Or even a civil right?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You people who believe this is the only thing that matters. Gay people have a word for what you just outlined, they're called "breeders", sounds nasty doesn't it? How does that compare to the slurs thrown at gays?

Ever wonder how many man and woman couples gave up their children because neither father or mother wanted them? and were adopted by gay and lesbian couples, and were loved, nurtured and well taken care of.
"Breeders" are people who keep popping out kids they can't afford. I have never heard anybody call a traditional man and wife "breeders." If they called me that, I couldn't care less b/c that's not what I am.

Anyway, we should not be changing laws and even the Constitution to appease a very small percentage of the population. Then we will have people trying to change things all over the place and that is getting away from the freedoms this country was founded upon.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,755,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It is a right, when you are giving it to one group and not the other with no good reason.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,507,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The love argument is a failure. If you go by "love" then you have to open the door to things like multiple people. By this type of argument then we should we call those against polygamy and incest biggots now? They just "love" each other.

That still doesn't compare to what blacks went through.
Like it or not, Civil Rights do not belong to just black people, they belong to everyone, gays included. Gays fought along the Afican Americans in their fight for full equality and African Americans were granted their full civil rights and gays were denied. There is not qualifying factor like race, gender or sexual orientation that says one has to be denied their rights or have to struggle or fight for them. We are denied full equal acess to our rights to equal taxation, right to marry the one we love and right to keep religion from persecuting us. Find a legitimate reason to deny us full equality, full marriage acess that can float. Forget about procreation for that has little to do with marriage anymore, marriage is about rights granted and paid for.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,678,996 times
Quote:
To you.
Also irrelevant to the Constitution. See the First Amendment. it is apparently still unclear to the fundies that we don't make laws based on your bible, your god, or anyone else's.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,281,338 times
Quote:
The 9th amendment. Just because a right isn't listed does not mean the right does not exist. However, the gov does not have the right to treat two groups of people in identical situations differently. A gay man and a straight man can both go into the military and can both have relationships, however, the straight man can decide to marry and get a pay raise in the process. The gay man does not have that option.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,281,338 times
Quote:
I am for getting the gov't out of marriage entirely. However, I do see the value in traditional marriage and traditional families so I think it should be encouraged in some way. Just not sure how, since I believe in limited gov't.
Homosexual are already raising families though. My friend has been with her partner for 6 years and has a kid. I know of at least two hetero marriages that didn't last that long.

4,176 posts, read 4,678,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The 9th amendment. Just because a right isn't listed does not mean the right does not exist. However, the gov does not have the right to treat two groups of people in identical situations differently. A gay man and a straight man can both go into the military and can both have relationships, however, the straight man can decide to marry and get a pay raise in the process. The gay man does not have that option.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
And why is all this so, so, so difficult for these people to understand?

1,728 posts, read 1,780,934 times
Homo and hetro sexuals are not

"Identical situations"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Also irrelevant to the Constitution. See the First Amendment. it is apparently still unclear to the fundies that we don't make laws based on your bible, your god, or anyone else's.
I didn't say anything about the law in relation to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies