Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
With proper training you can load your gun pretty fast. At the range I can unholster, load a magazine, and chamber a round in 2 seconds flat.
I agree. I usually have a magazine in the gun but i only chamber a round if I intend to shoot (which, so far, has only been at the range).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
She was carrying concealed. In Idaho, to have a CCW, you have already taken a gun safety course. If she didn't have a CCW, then she was carrying illegally.
Actually, all they do is ask and if it was when you were 12 then you pass. Speaking from experience, I applied and when asked I said, "yes." Not telling them I was 12 yrs old when I took the class. At the time I applied, I was 45.

Idaho is lax on animal abuse, child abuse and CWP......I do have to say most towns in Idaho are VERY small and the chances of finding a safety instructor might be tough. The bigger cities have them, but most don't want to travel to get to them. I kind of think a safety course should be taken in the way we take a test to get our first driver licence. Our town has been looking for 3 years for an instructor to stay longer than 3 months, something about the snow keeps people moving.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:37 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
With proper training you can load your gun pretty fast. At the range I can unholster, load a magazine, and chamber a round in 2 seconds flat.
I don't advocate to carry unloaded. You should have the safety engaged though. And if she was carrying a gun without a safety the 2year old probably couldn't pull the trigger. I don't know of guns without safeties that have less than a 6lb trigger.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:37 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,134 times
Driver training and licensing doesn't stop us from having a lot of traffic accidents. Gun nuts use that to justify not having gun training and licensing. But their fallacy is that they don't know how many more traffic accidents we would have if there were no requirement for driver training and licensing. If anyone who wanted to could just start driving a car anytime they wanted to, with no paperwork requirements at all, other than having permission of the car owner, we might have many times more accidents than now. Who can know? And when drivers lose points for bad driving, that makes them less likely to keep repeating the same mistakes. We need some way to keep track of the behavior of gun holders, and take points when they do things wrong, such as carrying a gun in a purse with a toddler. And stores such as Walmart should have metal detectors or something. And all guns should require insurance, just like all cars. The insurance company could cancel the insurance of gun holders with bad behavior, just like they do with cars.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM

274 posts, read 239,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are intentionally being a bit dishonest here, the woman was visiting the Panhandle, she is from eastern Idaho, so she is still from the same state.

Second, why are gun nuts so afraid of gun safety laws? If one is too dumb to pass a gun safety law, then that person should be denied a gun.

Why don't the Anti-Gun Nuts realize there already are Gun Safety Laws. Oh, wait a minute... I realize what the problem is these are the same people that voted for our current President who does not enforce the Laws that we have now. Well... There you go problem solved. No new laws needed since guaranteed they will not be enforced.

Nobody can pass a Gun Safety Law except Congress and the States. People do not pass Laws. You mean safety course? I guess all the people who are so smart they can pass both a written and practical driving test have never had or caused and accident due to negligence or irresponsibility? Again, if you want to be taken seriously offer practical solutions that don't Violate the Constitution and actually result in some material improvement.

What about all the Innocent helpless Idiots that will die because they were not able to protect themselves or their innocent idiotic families. What about licensing and registering peoples genitals. This way we can stop them from spreading the idiocy seed. The Master Race plan was attempted at least once last Century and allot of people here this evening owe their very existence to the fact the World was smart enough and brave enough to stop it in its tracks. Oh, and they used weapons to stop the other guys with weapons.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
photo: Woman shot dead by toddler in Idaho Walmart: sheriff - NY Daily News

Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 PM

44 posts, read 45,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I don't advocate to carry unloaded. You should have the safety engaged though. And if she was carrying a gun without a safety the 2year old probably couldn't pull the trigger. I don't know of guns without safeties that have less than a 6lb trigger.
Agreed. Mind doesn't have a safety, but it does have a 10lb trigger pull, which would probably impossible for a 2 year old to pull. You don't have to have a round chambered as it takes me less than 1 secons to chamber a round.

If someone pulls a gun on you, you will never be as fast as the person because reaction is ALWAYS slower than action, always, 100% of the time.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So all you gunnies are going on a rage to modify the second so you can bear arms only if properly trained?

I don't think so.

No need for the government to do the parents job.
If it is a right, (and legally you become a person the day you are born) it would behoove every parent to teach their children about guns, and how to use them, and show them what they can do all the while defining it is not a toy. The best education for a 5-6 year old, is the old double barrel 12,(no recoil pad). Let them pull the trigger on that bad boy. They will never touch it again.

A bb gun at 5-6 is the perfect time to teach all about guns and gun safety.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:43 PM

44 posts, read 45,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Driver training and licensing doesn't stop us from having a lot of traffic accidents. Gun nuts use that to justify not having gun training and licensing. But their fallacy is that they don't know how many more traffic accidents we would have if there were no requirement for driver training and licensing. If anyone who wanted to could just start driving a car anytime they wanted to, with no paperwork requirements at all, other than having permission of the car owner, we might have many times more accidents than now. Who can know? And when drivers lose points for bad driving, that makes them less likely to keep repeating the same mistakes. We need some way to keep track of the behavior of gun holders, and take points when they do things wrong, such as carrying a gun in a purse with a toddler. And stores such as Walmart should have metal detectors or something. And all guns should require insurance, just like all cars. The insurance company could cancel the insurance of gun holders with bad behavior, just like they do with cars.
Lots of drivers have no business being on the road, I'm reminded of this on a daily if not hourly basis

I personally think obtaining a drivers licenses is way too easy, think of all the bad drivers you personally know. I have a few in my family.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 PM

274 posts, read 239,352 times
Quote:
Funny you mention that, because I never mix my meds with alcohol and keep them away from kids. The same advice should be followed with guns.
I agree completely and yet despite the Meds coming with a brochure on safety a Child Safety Cap and two thirds of the bottle covered in safety labels somehow people still manage to get it wrong. If we just added another three labels I bet all would be saved.

Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies