Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 07:09 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

this is stupidity at its finest- that caused that kids his life-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Kids are known to doo foolish and stupid things and he seemed like he was more foolish and stupid than most. Maybe he wanted to take out the gun and drop it or tell the cop it wasn't real. Bad move, but he may have thought the cop would somehow know it wasn't real. Again, bad move. But many kids have gotten their heads so twisted on backwards and upside down and up their kiesters with this BLM nonsense, many have lost respect and fear of authority and think themselves immune to justice. I wish he'd have pulled the gun on somebody who recognized it as a BB gun who then beat the living crap out of him. He'd still be alive, at least, and maybe learn something.
Hands up don't shoot, not a bad idea. If only people would do it, they wouldn't get shot. FYI, locally a 16 year who's five feet nothing and 100 pounds is wanted for shootings in York Pa. If he threatened me I'd laugh in his face and then I'd probably get a bullet in mine. The cop did what he had to do.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
His uncle altered it for him, he was family. He was hanging out in a gang area where over 30 gang bangers had been arrested over the previous two months.
It's sad that those like yourself are so willing to just make crap up. Especially where a kid is concerned. He got it that day from a friend and he was at the park at the rec center where all the neighborhood kids went.

No shame.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
BS, read your comments in the thread about the Milwaukee riots. You said you can't condemn their violence because the police killed a man with a gun loaded with bullets. You went a little beyond supporting civil disobedience.
You must have read it, why didn't you post it?

No shame.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Thanks for the defense, but it's pointless to argue with pknopp. He has his mind made up and never waivers. I actually think he makes some valid points a lot of times, but also some pretty bad ones.

If the kid was not involved in the armed robbery, why run from the police?
Maybe for the same reason Freddie Grey ran. He was tired of getting the **** beat out of him from the cops. He had done nothing wrong.

Quote:
Why pull out a gun that looks like a real gun? I do consider it different than the Tamir Rice situation for that reason. Even if the kid turned out not to be involved in the robbery, the police did not know that at the time. But I suspect they let the other kid go because he was not involved, not necessarily because the other kid was not involved.
It was initially claimed Rice pulled out a gun also and the same arguments were made........until the video surfaced and we learned that the police officer that had been previously ran off a force for lying was once again lying.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
You know what is shameless?

Headline like this

White Ohio policeman kills black teen armed with BB gun

White Ohio policeman kills black teen armed with BB gun | Reuters

I swear to God some people in this country cannot wait for a bloody race war of some sort.

The officer was identified as Bryan Mason, a nine-year veteran of the force. Police records show that in 2012 he shot and killed a man who was holding another person at gunpoint. The Columbus Dispatch said investigators cleared him.

So it doesn't seem like the officer is a Pathological or a Compulsive Liar or a rookie, or a racist of some sort. Why not giving him the benefit of the doubt? This case is still under investigation.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Headline like this

I swear to God some people in this country cannot wait for a bloody race war of some sort.

The officer was identified as Bryan Mason, a nine-year veteran of the force. Police records show that in 2012 he shot and killed a man who was holding another person at gunpoint. The Columbus Dispatch said investigators cleared him.

So it doesn't seem like the officer is a Pathological or a Compulsive Liar or a rookie, or a racist of some sort. Why not giving him the benefit of the doubt? This case is still under investigation.

Exactly !
Couldn't rep you again.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Headline like this

I agree with this.

Quote:

He gets the benefit of the doubt just the same as everyone (including this kid) until we see all the information. If it's 18 months from now and the force is still fighting it's release then I'll no longer give the benefit.

People think I am anti-police........just like I often times get called a "liberal" when in reality I am the exact opposite. Condemning poor police actions and the attempts to cover it up is a positive thing where good cops are concerned. We do not get to this place where every action is under a microscope without all the lies and cover ups.

When the bad cops are no longer automatically covered for by the system, it will make things far easier on the good officers.

THis officer and the one trying to defend the actions of this officer should be fired ASAP. It's things like this that have brought us here.

https://usuncut.com/news/pepper-spray-restraint/

Old 09-16-2016, 08:16 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Everybody involved -- both cop and alleged victim -- is entitled to the benefit of a doubt until the investigation is completed. But its a lot more fun to pick sides and unload one's political opinions right from the get-go, as though somehow every time there is a police shooting the facts are exactly the same.

There are good police shootings and bad police shootings. To avoid embarrassment and loss of credibility, its best to wait til all the facts are in before we clobber people with speculation.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:23 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Wait for the damn police report!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies