Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2020, 04:17 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And yet, there is resistance to even some of these very simple proposals you've mentioned.
Yea unfortunately. It is just something that I thought of. I view something like this as a very moderate position on things. It is not that radical, but to some it seems radical.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:25 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet you have no proof of this

Not true. This isn't how it goes. Granted you could have been applying for a job in the Klan. Then your little story would have merit.

hahahaha Yea that's what happened

Because just like Smollett, this didn't happen.

You wish

On a side note the co-owner of one of the Negro League's baseball teams (KC Monarchs) was a Klan member. Also there was a record company funded by the KKK responsible for recording many early jazz and blues music. Gennett Records in Richmond IN (I've been to this scary Klan town a few times)

I would have done better if the business was owned by the Klan. People who wear the hoods don't have to explain to their white friends. Its always about business and never anything else when they are seen with a black person.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post

Langston Oklahoma, a "black area " 92% black has a crime rate between 29%-70% lower than the national average. There are about 13 of these small black towns left in Oklahoma. Wealthy predominately black communities have similar stats. Its small, big deal its still over 1000 black people who don't share the same crime stats as an area of Detroit or Chicago with 1000 black people. What gives?
hahahaha You're using a college town with 1700 people as your example? hahahaha

7.6% of the population is under the age of 18

At least you got the wealthy part right. That is usually the case. Wealthy areas have less crime. They have a higher percentage of people working. The have a higher percentage of 2 parent families.

Last edited by Yac; 11-12-2020 at 04:17 AM..

Old 08-01-2020, 04:31 PM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, you're saying that police are arresting an hauling innocent black males into court where they get unjustly convicted for no reason other than being black.....and that this is all happening to fulfill some kind of good old boy network quotas?

Those are your words, not mine. I never said anything of the sort. Maybe you need to study up a bit. Improve your comprehension.

Thirty years in criminal justice as a prisons administrator and a criminal justice researcher shows plainly that there is no level playing field and that systemic racism is a concern. Certainly it's a problem in the criminal justice arena and that tends to impact a person's employability, where they can live, and what opportunities they have.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:36 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:

At least you got the wealthy part right. That is usually the case. Wealthy areas have less crime. They have a higher percentage of people working. The have a higher percentage of 2 parent families.

So you admit all blacks don't share the same statistics. So its not a black thing after all,...ha............................. ha...............................indeed

Old 08-01-2020, 04:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
From the article and the passage you quoted and take issue with:

Is the crime rate NOT much higher in black areas? Is that a fallacy? If so, please provide links to the numbers.

Is the possibility NOT higher in a black neighborhood that a driver being stopped might have a gun on him? Is that a fallacy? If so, please provide links to the numbers.
The problem is that someone in authority has an already preconceived view that EVERYONE in that neighborhood is a criminal.......and uses "numbers" to back up their prejudicial claim! I believe it's called "predictive policing." That, plus the whole "broken windows" phenomena has been problematic, from the start. The numbers in certain areas are high, hit 'em hard, by any means necessary, regardless if innocent folk get affected!

Old 08-01-2020, 04:42 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Quote:

That’s certainly a factor.

It’s ironic that we have a “race is everything” left and a “race isn’t a factor” right. The truth is somewhere in between. BLM has a vested interest in overstating the problem; they’re after a power grab, not a good faith addressing of racial issues. The right knee jerks into claiming racism is nil and you should just be a model minority and there’s nothing to see here.

The whole point of this article is to say that THERE IS a race problem. But it IS NOT the dismal problem that BLM claims. Whites aren’t hunting blacks. Blacks were specifically excluded from white society for so long, yet we wonder why the black community feels so alien to us.

If there’s a problem in race relations, whites did set it up. The problem now is in the excesses of its backlash. The solution isn’t to retreat into some sort of innocence on why things are the way they are, it’s to mute the shouty voices on the edge and come together as humans and figure out what’s wrong and the best way to address it for all involved.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Go back and look at the content of that conversation. I'd have steam coming out of my ears while trying to be as calm while hearing what her colleagues were saying.
Really? I would have calmly stood up and gone straight to HR, but that's me.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Those are your words, not mine. I never said anything of the sort. Maybe you need to study up a bit. Improve your comprehension.

Thirty years in criminal justice as a prisons administrator and a criminal justice researcher shows plainly that there is no level playing field and that systemic racism is a concern. Certainly it's a problem in the criminal justice arena and that tends to impact a person's employability, where they can live, and what opportunities they have.
Show proof of systemic racism.

How in the world does systemic racism cause parents to abandon their kids? To not work fulltime? To have children out of wedlock?

Old 08-01-2020, 05:15 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Really? I would have calmly stood up and gone straight to HR, but that's me.
HR is probably less effective than making a good hire and proving them wrong. Though, I wouldn’t fault anyone for filing an HR complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies