Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:02 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithru View Post
Heck the benches aren't bolted down and the bolts in the benches are not capped or cut. I know a 93 pound dog that almost died after bumping into the bench and getting a 14 inch slice down his side from the sharp bolt end. His owner came back and capped the bolts himself!!!! SAFE PARK HUH?
Now I feel lucky I haven't gone there for a while. Do you know why they (I guess these dog lovers) moved the benches in the middle of the field? Dangerous!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 05:50 PM

27 posts, read 90,095 times
Yup Ling, the owners moved the benches in a circle so the owners can be closer together (and all the dogs now rough house in the middle). At least those benches ARE capped, some still are not. The dog in question almost died because when his owner rushed him to Banfield they gave him antibiotics for TWO hours intravenously instead of ANESTHESIA. They had to tell the owner that the dog could go into cardiac arrest bc of this mistake and that he should be watched closely AND brought to an emergancy center immediately. Then they handed him a bill for $550.00?!?!?! The banfield "vet" was calling the owner every hour on the hour to make sure he was okay (and so that she didn't get sued). You know the dog, it's your neighbor's friends Doberman. Thank god he seems Okay now but is all scarred up from the benches.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithru View Post
Yup Ling, the owners moved the benches in a circle so the owners can be closer together (and all the dogs now rough house in the middle). At least those benches ARE capped, some still are not. The dog in question almost died because when his owner rushed him to Banfield they gave him antibiotics for TWO hours intravenously instead of ANESTHESIA. They had to tell the owner that the dog could go into cardiac arrest bc of this mistake and that he should be watched closely AND brought to an emergancy center immediately. Then they handed him a bill for $550.00?!?!?! The banfield "vet" was calling the owner every hour on the hour to make sure he was okay (and so that she didn't get sued). You know the dog, it's your neighbor's friends Doberman. Thank god he seems Okay now but is all scarred up from the benches.
Thank you for your info. I feel sorry for that dog and his owner. I wish the park will be cleaned up. And all the benches should be returned to their original position.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM

6 posts, read 22,735 times
I am considering a purchase in Tradition. One of the amenities I like is the proximity of a Dog Park. After reading these posts I am concerned that this may be an overused unruly park which will risk my dogs. My dogs have been to other dog parks and they have about 5-10 acres to run and the dogs are not right on top of each other. How big is this park?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Not big at all, but it's the only dog park in the area. It's maybe 2 acres? others do you know? BUT also remember it's being moved to a larger lot in the "near" future.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsizing View Post
I am considering a purchase in Tradition. One of the amenities I like is the proximity of a Dog Park. After reading these posts I am concerned that this may be an overused unruly park which will risk my dogs. My dogs have been to other dog parks and they have about 5-10 acres to run and the dogs are not right on top of each other. How big is this park?
Really. It is a nice park. Stop by there in the evening(6-8pm) and get to know all the regulars. Then draw your own conclusion. Overall, everyone is nice.
In any dog parks, you will meet some dogs whose play style may not be that nice and you will meet some owners who are either over protective or just don't care.

On another note: This evening, around St. Lucie Medical Center, there will be fund raising activity for the police K9 unit. It will be a fun event. Police K9 unit will put up a show (I was there last year and it was a good show). I will be there to support all the hardworking police dogs. The address is 1316 SE West Star Ave, 5pm-8pm.

Last edited by LingLing; 05-02-2008 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,752 times
Going to the dog park! It's not just a place for your dog. I have been a tradtion dog parker many times. I can tell you a lot goes on there. I see familes bring their kids and they totally enjoy the time with their mom and dad and their dog and others. People actually talk to each other because of the interaction with the dogs. So take your dog, and you may be the one who gets as much as your woofer. I know most of the dogs by name ok. I'm working on the owner's names also. Today I observed an airedale who was in the mood for love. Even that was a conversation. I think we are fortunate to have a wonderful place like this to take our pets, even if people do not think it is perfect. Dogs ask nothing except for exercise, food, and love. And they add so much to our lives. Take your beloved pet there and find out what it is all about.

Last edited by 4pawsfl; 05-13-2008 at 08:09 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,897 times
Default Yikes

I've been looking to find this dog park for months in Tradition. Should I still want to find it? Jsmithru, why do you have such negative attitudes. Just enjoy the park and your dog. Unfortunately, not all people are as responsible as you.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM

Lionkpr23,
Sorry if some of my posts are negative, however this is a forum and I believe the positive and the negative should be told so people can be informed. If you read my earlier posts they were over the top positive. But unfortunately, the park has become very scary, and I try to go as little as possible and only when there are friendly dogs there.
I've had a man KICK my dog, and most recently (2 days ago) a woman came in with 2 dogs, one a female 6 month old 66 pound pit bull. Luckily my dog sensed this dog's aggression and stayed away from her. This dog ATTACKED 3 other dogs at which point the OTHER people left, not this dog's owner. When I was in the middle of the attack I had to leave. This woman was BEATING her Pit Bull and I tried to mention in conversation about how bull breeds actually thrive on pain and it just eggs them on more and how you have to do very specific training with bull breeds. So yes I'm negative because this woman was letting her dog attack other dogs (one person left bc her dog was bleeding from the attack) and I was in the MIDDLE of a pit attack with an owner who couldn't control her PUPPY. How is this dog going to act 6 months from now? Would you allow your children or dogs around this dog? Would you be positive after an aggressive pit jumped through you to attack the dog behind you? I think so. So unfortunately at times I can not "Just enjoy the park". And, I'm sorry but I can't wait till it's moved, monitored, and private, that will clear up a lot of the issues. If you are in a dog park you NEED to be responsible and have control over your dog. I have bruises on my legs from the attack AND holes in my jeans. i refused to "stop" the attack bc I am not informed on how to get a pit bull's jaw to release. This same woman brings treats to the park, and Screams if other dogs come up to her for one. She even had the nerve to try to take a stick away from my dog (why?!?!) and when he stood up to see why she took if she yelled at him AND smacked him on the nose. 4Paws FL the aireddale is bacci and the owner is john, both a great dog and a great owner (figured I'd throw something nice in there, lol!!)

Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Thumbs up New Info

I know there was an individual on here stating different facts about the dog park but I just found out all the facts from some one who works with core communities on the dog park issue solely. The run down: The dog park is NOT being moved but will be improved. It will be (as it is right now, but not enforced) a PRIVATE park for Tradition residents. We will be registered and get a key card to swipe upon entry. Activities will be monitored as well as rabies and registration tags checked. Since Pit Bull's are not a welcome breed in tradition, there will be no pit bull's in the dog park (sorry for all the owners with well behaved pit bull's). I was even told that pit bull's are not allowed now and that I could call the cops if one entered the park (which I would never do unless the Pit posed or proved herself to be a threat). There will be dog bag stations set up and more accurate signs posted. Core now has enough complaints that they are taking the steps to keep out dog park safe. Yeah!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach