Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 12:10 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,672 times

Advertisements

I want to kill myself because of it but I'm too much of a coward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 03:09 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I want to kill myself because of it but I'm too much of a coward.
Hi Amy,

I've spent a bit of time looking into Near Death Experiences (NDE's), and then one time, a friend came back from a break in London (UK; I live in North Manchester) with a book he'd bought called Embraced by the light, by Betty Eadie. She had an NDE as a result of bleeding after a hysterectomy - after you get past the preamble story of her life, she talks about what she learned on the other side, it was just a solid download of fantastic insights, right to the end of the book. There's plenty of stuff available about her on the Internet - it is very encouraging.

But the reason I raise the subject of her book, is because she referred to people's experiences on the other side - that we carry on learning, and learning to love, and the first person we have to love, is ourselves. Even those who are successful at killing themselves don't escape the challenge of having to deal with the issues that were preventing that love to flow in their lives before death. Even if it's just self acceptance to start with, then it's a start.

There are most likely to be blockers or barriers to the process of dealing with stuff. Most problems have root issues - you've got to get to the roots, and my belief is that they are normally issues that have come from and as a result of relationships - we are after all human 'beings'. Things have been said or done, and it has caused pain, hurt, feelings of rejection, maybe even abuse - all these affect self worth. But these issues are the blockers to freedom.

People will correct me if I write about self worth, by saying it is important, now, where-in the last few posts I've talked about God wanting 'self' to die. So I'd better explain myself. Jesus said many paradoxical things, just a couple of them: I am the resurrection and life. he that believes in me, even though he die, yet shall he live. Also, if you want to find your life, you have to lose it. He said we have to pick up our cross daily. He said, he came to give us life, and life to the full. All these apparent contradictions feel very real to us, because he's talking from and out of spiritual wisdom, which is a different quantity to carnal or humanistic wisdom. We are spirit, soul, and body - and the spirit part inside of you knows how to get switched on to Gods wisdom. All of our spirits, came from God, and return to God, when we die. We were created for His pleasure, first and foremost - our pleasure is meant to be found in Him, and it will ultimately be found in Him, when we finally accept him. I will stop preaching - I know it can be burdensome and off putting, but that's our wayward nature resisting the Holy Spirit. We have to get used to the idea of saying yes to God, and renew our minds.

Check out Betty Eadie.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:41 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Hi Amy,

I've spent a bit of time looking into Near Death Experiences (NDE's), and then one time, a friend came back from a break in London (UK; I live in North Manchester) with a book he'd bought called Embraced by the light, by Betty Eadie. She had an NDE as a result of bleeding after a hysterectomy - after you get past the preamble story of her life, she talks about what she learned on the other side, it was just a solid download of fantastic insights, right to the end of the book. There's plenty of stuff available about her on the Internet - it is very encouraging.

But the reason I raise the subject of her book, is because she referred to people's experiences on the other side - that we carry on learning, and learning to love, and the first person we have to love, is ourselves. Even those who are successful at killing themselves don't escape the challenge of having to deal with the issues that were preventing that love to flow in their lives before death. Even if it's just self acceptance to start with, then it's a start.

There are most likely to be blockers or barriers to the process of dealing with stuff. Most problems have root issues - you've got to get to the roots, and my belief is that they are normally issues that have come from and as a result of relationships - we are after all human 'beings'. Things have been said or done, and it has caused pain, hurt, feelings of rejection, maybe even abuse - all these affect self worth. But these issues are the blockers to freedom.

People will correct me if I write about self worth, by saying it is important, now, where-in the last few posts I've talked about God wanting 'self' to die. So I'd better explain myself. Jesus said many paradoxical things, just a couple of them: I am the resurrection and life. he that believes in me, even though he die, yet shall he live. Also, if you want to find your life, you have to lose it. He said we have to pick up our cross daily. He said, he came to give us life, and life to the full. All these apparent contradictions feel very real to us, because he's talking from and out of spiritual wisdom, which is a different quantity to carnal or humanistic wisdom. We are spirit, soul, and body - and the spirit part inside of you knows how to get switched on to Gods wisdom. All of our spirits, came from God, and return to God, when we die. We were created for His pleasure, first and foremost - our pleasure is meant to be found in Him, and it will ultimately be found in Him, when we finally accept him. I will stop preaching - I know it can be burdensome and off putting, but that's our wayward nature resisting the Holy Spirit. We have to get used to the idea of saying yes to God, and renew our minds.

Check out Betty Eadie.
OK, so this is what happens when we declare our mind closed for business and move into the realm of unglued imagination. Do we see why I am instructing that the only good and productive policy is to retain a tight hold on reality and stay with Reason?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:45 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
OK, so this is what happens when we declare our mind closed for business and move into the realm of unglued imagination. Do we see why I am instructing that the only good and productive policy is to retain a tight hold on reality and stay with Reason?
Reason is the rational 5 senses, Greek model, of how human beings are supposed to work - it is limited in its resources. The spirit, soul (mind, will, emotions), body model is the true and accurate representation of how things are. When people are in trouble they need the more powerful model that has All the resources required to help them.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:49 PM

710 posts, read 584,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Reason is the rational 5 senses, Greek model, of how human beings are supposed to work - it is limited in its resources. The spirit, soul (mind, will, emotions), body model is the true and accurate representation of how things are. When people are in trouble they need the more powerful model that has All the resources required to help them.
I tried the God thing and I don't really feel any different than before. I'm starting to think that surgery might be the only solution to this. Looks aren't everything, however, I don't think I can ever be fully self-confident knowing that I'm ugly.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:54 PM

215 posts, read 185,547 times
What'll happen after the surgery is done

Old 11-28-2015, 11:04 PM

You got all these people slinging crap at you lol

Y'know, I have a trick up my sleeve I've been keeping to myself
Because I felt like running a little experiment with this thread
But my experiment hasn't been working, so..

I thought I could appeal to your subconscious mind through topic messages
But I guess that's impossible
There's only 1 way to appeal to the subconscious
No one's brought it up yet, I think
I have to look through the posts again

Holy crap there's a ton lol
Found it
Rubi3 is the only one to have hinted at it

I will say the subconscious is realer than reality itself
Because when you're gone, what's left? What colors, sights, thoughts, sounds, touch, feeling, is there when you are not? Just infinite whorls of empty nothingness, a blackness; flip a coin in the dark and whatever lands is what it could be -- could even land on its edge -- but you'll never know because you were never there to collapse the wave form into particles by your witness
To fix your worldview you have to fix the subconscious
Make it so when you see something, the mind comes to a conclusion that is proper about it
Then you'll look in the mirror and say, "There I am. It's me. That's a fine look."
You'll be relaxed around people, even when they aren't.

Last edited by Wannabeliber; 11-28-2015 at 11:20 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 11:15 PM

710 posts, read 584,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeliber View Post
What'll happen after the surgery is done
Hopefully I'd be more physically attractive. It may or may not work, but if I didn't get satisfied with the results, at least I could say I tried. I only have one life to live which gets shorter with each passing day, I don't think I should have to live with it if I could potentially have the resources to do something about it. As for your other post, I don't really understand what you meant.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:22 PM

I fixed it up a tad
Just meditate on it and digest it in bits
Drink some green tea lol
It's grounded in fact and study, life experience
You'll see that the universe is an illusion, something for you to digest however you choose
if you make positive realistic conclusions and feed your subconscious that, you'll be satisfied no matter what
even harsh words and catastrophic injuries can elicit an "oh well, what can you do?" and you go on your merry way

---

I'll go on and say it
You've been tortured long enough
You might benefit from hypnosis
I recommend Bob Griswold - CDs on Confidence and Self-Image
He has a plethora of other good ones
His Confidence one I think worked best for me

---

Last edited by Wannabeliber; 11-28-2015 at 11:31 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 11:27 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Hopefully I'd be more physically attractive. It may or may not work, but if I didn't get satisfied with the results, at least I could say I tried. I only have one life to live which gets shorter with each passing day, I don't think I should have to live with it if I could potentially have the resources to do something about it. As for your other post, I don't really understand what you meant.
There is no surgery that turns an ugly person to a good looking person. It just doesn't exist. You are smoking some seriously bad drugs if you think otherwise. And your insecurity, which is your real problem, will stay exactly where it is no matter what you look like. Insecurity and inadequacy are only addressed by achieving concrete and rational goals.

Paying money to let some plastic surgeon slice and dice and nip and tuck at your epithelial cells is the height of stupidity. It won't work, you won't look much different than you do now, and your nagging insecurities won't be touched because buying skin and fat rearrangement does nothing to make you a better human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology