Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Why is it that after a large family gathering the men go and sit down and watch tv and the women clear the table and wash the dishes.....infuriates me to no end but i digress I'm getting off topic here.
My guy's family does that. I try to help clean up wherever I'm a guest, even if it's my own sister's place or something, so I'll pitch in. However, I've limited myself to one holiday with them a year at present because I find it patently irritating to say, "Hey, babe, can you dry these?" only to hear his mother say, "He doesn't have to help."

Whatever. If that's how they are, that's how they are. He knows how I feel about such things, and, as I said before, he knows that if that's the kind of life he wants, he's free to pursue it elsewhere with someone else.

What's interesting is that some of the younger male cousins bring desserts that they've baked themselves. There's hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 12:37 AM

830 posts, read 2,713,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Yes I had a mother who never worked out of the home.
I have never been able not to work, but I always wanted the full enjoyment of doing for my family. Do we not want that for our daughters?
I would want it for my sons just as much.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
If she doesn't do those things, it means that they won't get done.

I don't do them either. I don't ask her to work outside the home, as I see that as MY responsibility.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Gag me with a shovel. He has legs, he can help...if the kid can walk they can help too. Put them both to work. Love taking care of them my butt...

THIS Avienne, is why you're among my favorites! ^,^

If he has that attitude, the woman can have him. He's worthless anyway.
anyway myhusband does these same things....i just love doing these things too so im not saying that my husband is lazy and i do all the housework.

My husband works, cooks, cleans, keep our yard spectacular, take care of my son, keeps both our cars clean and running, runs errands, pays bills, grocery shop and still makes time to make love to me. I have a great husband and I will cook, clean, work and do whatever to keep our home happy.

I think most people are just selfish and stuck in there own ways.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
There isn't anything I expect my husband to do for me. There are things he does that I can't because he is stonger, mechanically inclined, etc. As a general rule, I don't ask him to do anything I'm not willing to do myself (within my capabilities).
I think there are some things men should do....like changing a tire....I cannot and will not do it.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I think there are some things men should do....like changing a tire....I cannot and will not do it.
I think you should at least KNOW how to change a tire, your husband isn't going to be around all the time.

I don't do a lot of things either but I do know that if it comes down to the wire I am perfectly capable of doing 'a man's job'.

Women need to get out of this mentality that they are children who need caring for. Put your Big Girl boots on.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:

What will you do when you have a flat and a man is not there to do it for you. Women "our daughters" should be taught to check oil, jump start a car and change a tire as much as to cook and do basic domestic chores.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
2mares is in my head.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What will you do when you have a flat and a man is not there to do it for you. Women "our daughters" should be taught to check oil, jump start a car and change a tire as much as to cook and do basic domestic chores.
ill just call AAA

Old 08-17-2010, 07:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What will you do when you have a flat and a man is not there to do it for you.
Call AAA.

I'm kidding ... kind of. I know how to change a flat, and I have (several times), and my dad made my take auto shop in school and work on his car before I could get my license, but AAA is $80 a year and they'll come unlock your car in the snow when you locked it with the engine running. My husband did that.

Quote:
ill just call AAA
LOL---and you're in my head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships