Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, I didnt say dont teach girls to cook and clean, I said in addition to.

I guess Im thinking of where I live in a rural area it may be hours before another car comes along. Now Sierra have you ever tried to change a tire? Ya know, cant never could. LOL. I admit there have been times I couldnt get the lug nuts off, because they put them on so tight and I just dont have the upper strength a man does.

I just think there are basic thing all people should know how to do and we should teach our children regardless of gender. I hate being dependant on someone else although I will take advantage if someone else is willing to do it for me.
2mares i understand what you are saying...i did try to change a tire but i broke a nail trying to get the lug nuts off and i still feel the pain right today...plus your hands get all greasy and diry....i would rather do housework anyday!
i know i sound too girly but i cant help it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
2mares i understand what you are saying...i did try to change a tire but i broke a nail trying to get the lug nuts off and i still feel the pain right today...plus your hands get all greasy and diry....i would rather do housework anyday!
i know i sound too girly but i cant help it
Girly, girly, girl.

What ever works for you. I get dirty everyday and would rather be outside shoveling horse shyt than inside cleaning. Thats the thing, women are different and enjoy different things. We shouldnt be expected to do certain things "woman things" or act a certain way just because of gender. That goes for men too.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
I guess Im thinking of where I live in a rural area it may be hours before another car comes along. Now Sierra have you ever tried to change a tire?
Well, I don't live in a rural area and my phone is usually charged. I can't see how I can change a tire with manicure. Don't have the strength, either. Nope, haven't tried and have no plans to.

Quote:
Girly, girly, girl.

What ever works for you. I get dirty everyday and would rather be outside shoveling horse shyt than inside cleaning. Thats the thing, women are different and enjoy different things. We shouldnt be expected to do certain things "woman things" or act a certain way just because of gender. That goes for men too.
That's right. Shoveling horse shyt is definitely not something I'd ever do. You're a manly woman, 2mares!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:41 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,108 times
Quote:
Girly, girly, girl.

well i guess you do stay in great shape

Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
well i guess you do stay in great shape
Geez, once I saw on the news women moving large pieces of rocks for a living! You're not gonna believe the muscles they had! No gym can make those!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I don't live in a rural area and my phone is usually charged. I can't see how I can change a tire with manicure. Don't have the strength, either. Nope, haven't tried and have no plans to.

That's right. Shoveling horse shyt is definitely not something I'd ever do. You're a manly woman, 2mares!
So Ive been told. I had a nephew that thought I was a guy for years. Not that Im butch, but I did man things with him. Played cars, fished, dug worms and got dirty. My sons's girlfriends little boy calls me Mr. 2mares. I dont know, Ive got pretty good size boobys and long hair.

Having 3 horses, someones gotta shovel it, and its always me.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

A 'manly' woman? Child please! Sounds more like a 'real' woman.

We taught our girls to change tires and oil. We taught our boys to cook and do laundry. This was in addition to the gender oriented stuff. My DH, who was a Navy SEAL instructor and not only can he sew, he crochets better than I do. He works in town, I do the farming and I can still be girly. Also, nobody ever called my DH a sissy because he knows how to do 'girl stuff'.

Real women can do it all!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:11 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,118,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

We taught our girls to change tires and oil. We taught our boys to cook and do laundry. This was in addition to the gender oriented stuff. My DH, who was a Navy SEAL instructor and not only can he sew, he crochets better than I do. He works in town, I do the farming and I can still be girly. Also, nobody ever called my DH a sissy because he knows how to do 'girl stuff'.

Awesome post! Real men can do it all too---including cooking and cleaning and laundry.

p.s. I love fixing flats (I ride a bicycle instead of driving a car) for helpless men. They think it's hot.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

Im not sure about doing it all, but it sure seems like it sometimes. Especially farm work. Sometimes there just isnt anyone else and it has to be done. I will say I have passed the tourch on hay hauling. At my age its just hard on me, so this year I paid my young nephews and grandson to stack it (I dont have manly girls in the family ). I rather enjoyed being supervisor instead of grunt.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Having 3 horses, someones gotta shovel it, and its always me.
I happen to know what having 3 horses means! It shouldn't be always you doing the cleaning, though! I don't know what your arrangements exactly are, but if you keep a BF, there has to be some reason for it - like giving you a hand, at least now and then. Then again, these live-in, semi live-in situations are uncharted waters for me and I'm not sure I'd like to navigate them at all. I'm an "all or nothing" kind of person myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships