Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 01:31 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
That has got to be the funniest post so far

In humor, there is truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,821 times
Quote:
This is the post I have been looking for. Just how is it all viewed by today's young woman. Many happy tomorrows for you

thanks bunches..

Old 08-17-2010, 01:47 PM

838 posts, read 1,877,390 times
I'm a 50+ husband who does just about everything ... here's the reason: My wife has lots of health problems that make physical activity difficult, and sometimes painful ... she's able to work full time (and she needs to work or she'd go nuts) ... I do 90% of the cooking, 90% of the cleaning, 90% of the shopping, 100% of the yard work, and 100% of the laundry

Oh, and I also work full time.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:48 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
When I get married my husband will know from the beginning Im a career women first...before a housewife...whoever gets home first will start dinner...Im the wife, not the maid...we will take care of the house together, that will include everything...I can mow the lawn, shovel the sidewalk when it snows... as well as cook and dust...
Im not looking to be someones mom...but a wife...
You should only be a mom to kids, not to the hubby.

We share the household duties, but I absolutely REFUSE to shovel snow in the summer.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, I didnt say dont teach girls to cook and clean, I said in addition to.

I guess Im thinking of where I live in a rural area it may be hours before another car comes along. Now Sierra have you ever tried to change a tire? Ya know, cant never could. LOL. I admit there have been times I couldnt get the lug nuts off, because they put them on so tight and I just dont have the upper strength a man does.

I just think there are basic thing all people should know how to do and we should teach our children regardless of gender. I hate being dependant on someone else although I will take advantage if someone else is willing to do it for me.

For the tight lug nuts just carry with you a 2' length of 'cheater pipe', that will fit over your lug wrench handle. It makes breaking the lug nuts loose, much easier.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
For the tight lug nuts just carry with you a 2' length of 'cheater pipe', that will fit over your lug wrench handle. It makes breaking the lug nuts loose, much easier.

Works great on the tractor too

Old 08-17-2010, 02:23 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Here is a nice way to wrap this all up. Happy day to all
Choosing the Right Man: What Happily Married Women Know - 1 - MSN Relationships - article (http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24894977&gt1=32023 - broken link)

Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Works great on the tractor too

I have a diesel tractor with loader & mower, fer cutting the meadows, after the sweet smelling wild flowers stop blooming in late spring. Before fire season.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Here is a nice way to wrap this all up. Happy day to all
Choosing the Right Man: What Happily Married Women Know - 1 - MSN Relationships - article (http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24894977&gt1=32023 - broken link)

LOVE what the Rosaleses said: When we go to weddings for young couples these days and they ask us to sign their book, we now write: "Solve any problem with sex."

Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM

830 posts, read 2,713,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hmmm...why wouldn't anyone want to cook for the man they love, or why wouldn't anyone want to keep the house neat, not only for themselves, but for their family, their men, their children?

I can't say that I'm always in the mood for "housewife" things, especially considering that I'm not a housewife, I work full-time now, but I enjoy seeing the look on my husband's face when he comes home to a clean apartment, or when he enjoyes eating my meal.

I think it also helps that he helps out as well. I would start feeling resentment if he didn't lift a finger in the house.
Why wouldn't anyone want to cook for the woman they love either? Why wouldn't a man want to keep the house neat, not only for themselves but for their family, their woman, and their children?

I also like the look on my boyfriend's face when he enjoys a meal I've cooked for him, when I've ironed his shirts, or cleaned the kitchen. Equally, he seems to like the look on MY face when I enjoy the peaches he's canned or the pasta he's made from scratch, when he's cleaned up after my dog, etc.

There would be no "helping out" were we married. It would not my job that he sometimes is just so sweet to relieve me of. It would be both of our responsibilities.

Reading through this thread gives me the shivers and makes me really appreciate what I have, which I didn't think was all that rare nowadays, but I guess it might be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships