Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 05:37 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,278,514 times

Advertisements

I have no luck with women and I believe that's just the cards I'm dealt. So I've given up on finding a GF. I thought i was decent looking with a good personality until i became single again and haven't had luck since. Honestly though, all I want to do is start bed hopping and sleeping around. I think that will fill the void. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 05:39 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I have no luck with women and I believe that's just the cards I'm dealt. So I've given up on finding a GF. I thought i was decent looking with a good personality until i became single again and haven't had luck since. Honestly though, all I want to do is start bed hopping and sleeping around. I think that will fill the void. Seriously.
I have no moral judgments, but sleeping around won't fill the hole in your heart.......

Just sayin.........

Old 06-27-2015, 06:43 PM

27 posts, read 67,710 times
I'm in my early 20's and I have given up on finding finding love, but the most part is I am unattractive to men being that I am a bigger women. I learned at young age scientifically men aren't attracted to women who don't look healthy and factor in what pop culture shoves down our throats its a no win situation for me. I have attempted to date and every time time I got the courage to step out there I get an arrow in the heart and now I don't even have the urge to feel anything for a man not that any are stopping me on the street. I go out with my friends every weekend and they get so much attention and I am invisible and I only get attention is if said guy needs intel on one of my friends. I don't mind since it makes my friends happy but it sucks being the DUFF. My last effort was joining a dating website where men were looking for women that were overweight like myself, I got many messages but when I would message with them for a while they would go ghost, but I actually met and hung out with 2 guys, one never contacted me again the other wanted to keep me a secret. I took a step back, deleted all dating site accounts, and realized relationships just aren't meant for me, and some people find love and some don't. I decided to take myself out of the uncertainty equation, I have never been in love so I am not 100 percent sure of what im missing but I just don't think its worth the risk it once was. It bums me out sometimes, but I am really looking forward being a single mom in the future.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I completely understand your feelings of frustration and discouragement in the dating world, but why on earth do you feel this way? You're in your early 50s, for crying out loud, not your early 90s.

I'm in my upper 40s, and I can't understand why so many American women seem to feel the way you do. It's just so sad. Is it because US culture sends a relentless stream of negative messages to women over the age of 35? I've concluded that North America must be one of the worst places on the planet for women socially, and I really mean that. But I refuse to internalize all the negativity.

Perhaps you could find a mentor, so to speak, in a happy, confident, engaged, physically active woman older than you who might inspire you to fight all the negative talk that American women hear.
I think it's because older women are attacked. Look at posts here where men bash older women and dating sites where men want younger.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:13 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I completely understand your feelings of frustration and discouragement in the dating world, but why on earth do you feel this way? You're in your early 50s, for crying out loud, not your early 90s.

I'm in my upper 40s, and I can't understand why so many American women seem to feel the way you do. It's just so sad. Is it because US culture sends a relentless stream of negative messages to women over the age of 35? I've concluded that North America must be one of the worst places on the planet for women socially, and I really mean that. But I refuse to internalize all the negativity.

Perhaps you could find a mentor, so to speak, in a happy, confident, engaged, physically active woman older than you who might inspire you to fight all the negative talk that American women hear.
Actually, based on my observations, you really can't get much better than the US for women in terms of social status. It's one of the worst places to be as a man though.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Actually, based on my observations, you really can't get much better than the US for women in terms of social status. It's one of the worst places to be as a man though.
Get some perspective........

Saying what you said is beyond silly.... I mean really, are you like 19 or so???

America, along with most of the western world is a great place to be a man... to say otherwise is foolishness....

Old 06-27-2015, 07:22 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You're a woman though. You have more luck than me.

Why the hell do men think this????????????????????? I know why....because all you men say the same thing in regards to this....sex.

Yes...as a woman, I could roll out of bed with curlers in my hair and walk down to the corner store in my PJs and still get laid. GET LAID. GET LAID. Get...laid. Read it again. Get...laid.

Getting laid is NOT..NOT....a relationship!!! It means nothing!! Finding someone to be there for you, hold you, laugh with you, love you...THAT is just as hard for women as it is for men.

What the hell is so great about finding a dude that will crawl all over you for 3 minutes and then be ready to leave and go have a beer with his buds until the next time he wants to crawl all over you? Yeah....cause that's what women want. (please note the sarcasm)

As a woman, I know that I am looking for a TRUE, long term relationship..and hopefully one day marriage.
Tell me how easier THAT is find for a woman! SEX....yes. RELATIONSHIP....no!!

So for the love of GOD please quit saying women have it easier.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Why the hell do men think this????????????????????? I know why....because all you men say the same thing in regards to this....sex.

Yes...as a woman, I could roll out of bed with curlers in my hair and walk down to the corner store in my PJs and still get laid. GET LAID. GET LAID. Get...laid. Read it again. Get...laid.

Getting laid is NOT..NOT....a relationship!!! It means nothing!! Finding someone to be there for you, hold you, laugh with you, love you...THAT is just as hard for women as it is for men.

What the hell is so great about finding a dude that will crawl all over you for 3 minutes and then be ready to leave and go have a beer with his buds until the next time he wants to crawl all over you? Yeah....cause that's what women want. (please note the sarcasm)

As a woman, I know that I am looking for a TRUE, long term relationship..and hopefully one day marriage.

Lol! Well, I get your point, Summer.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:47 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:

So how do you really feel?
In all fairness though not every single woman wants a commited relationship either, it's not just men who act that way. I've met a few over the years. In addition, I've found many women my age prefer to keep things really casual and would rather not jump into a serious commitment after getting out of not so good marriages.

Last edited by david0966; 06-27-2015 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:

I've long since said the same thing on CD multiple times, women have it easier initially, after that the cards are about the same amongst the sexes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships