Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 AM

898 posts, read 938,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't know if I've gotten the go. I know I've gotten the no go. Have I missed a go? I have no idea whatsoever.
You would probably know if you did. How do you show interest in someone? You're probably pretty engaging, smiling, <pretend> laughing at their jokes (even the ones that aren't that funny), giving them your undivided attention, etc.

If a woman is showing these signs, they are probably interested in you and you should at least attempt to make the next step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Since he is married, it is likely he got the go at least once in his life. Just a guess.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
You would probably know if you did. How do you show interest in someone? You're probably pretty engaging, smiling, <pretend> laughing at their jokes (even the ones that aren't that funny), giving them your undivided attention, etc.

If a woman is showing these signs, they are probably interested in you and you should at least attempt to make the next step.
How do you know they're not just being nice?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM

898 posts, read 938,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
How do you know they're not just being nice?
Most of the time, you don't know either way. That's why you make an advancement. If they were completely not interested, they'd probably not have given you the time. Do you often stick around and invest a bunch of time with a girl that you're completely not interested in? I'm guessing probably not.

If they do stick around for awhile, at least you know there's a 50/50 chance that they're interested.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Most of the time, you don't know either way. That's why you make an advancement. If they were completely not interested, they'd probably not have given you the time. Do you often stick around and invest a bunch of time with a girl that you're completely not interested in? I'm guessing probably not.

If they do stick around for awhile, at least you know there's a 50/50 chance that they're interested.

Exactly. Bus stop girl I asked if (at the end of the bus stop) wanted to grab a beer to continue our convo, she did and got her number there.

Current GF and I talked beer, and I mentioned a growler I had gotten from a new micro, and she said she really had wanted to tried that. Open invitation to invite her over.

Simple.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Since he is married, it is likely he got the go at least once in his life. Just a guess.
Married in name only. And she thought she was gonna end up with a rich guy...

Old 08-27-2014, 11:54 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:

Not always true i talked to a girl at my friends party for over an hour thought it was going real well asked for her number and she walked away and avoided me the rest of the night

Old 08-29-2014, 01:26 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,603,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Exactly.
People are WAY too picky about everything. From finding the so-called 'perfect' person, to finding the so-called 'perfect job' to finding the so-called 'perfect employee'. People keep looking for perfection when it isn't there, meanwhile time rolls by and of course those who are smart realize that time, not money, is our most valuable commodity. You can never get back your time.

Look at any job ad these days. You need to have all skills covered that the company wants. You need to fill out endless on-line applications. You need to interview with everyone from the janitor all the way up to the company CEO. You better answer every question perfectly.

Same thing with dating. You better have everything going for you, or it's not going to happen.

No wonder this country is going down the toilet. It's really a shame.
I never saw myself as picky, but still had to date a while before I met my amazing wife...here's all I asked for (and got!):

-similar worldview
-same goals regarding relationship/kids/future together
-sexually compatible (that was the hardest one, I seemed to attract frigid prude types for a while there)
-mentally stable
-similar enough to have plenty of things to do together, different enough to remain interesting
-welcomes and appreciates me for who I am
-someone *I* find physically attractive (doesn't have to be a supermodel)

That was really about it. Never seemed that picky to me. I found her, but it wasn't as easy as I'd have thought.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:01 PM

226 posts, read 254,001 times
You could have fooled me. Finding a woman who accepts you for who you are is a daunting task. I like my life, let me live it, know what I mean?

It's much easier for guys who bend and cave. That's ok, my tools won't end up in a garage sale because she needs more room for a garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships