Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 10:17 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Well, crap, I'm in this 3% for men. The good looking part is subjective (I'm not conceited, so won't say I'm male model material, but I have all my hair and stay in shape), but I do have a good income and am exactly 6'0", as well as marriage minded. I can't find the right woman and nobody's banging down my door.
I'd say that you're probably considered average these days. So women still really won't touch you.

How's your social status? Are you a fun guy that is often the center of attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 10:37 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I'd say that you're probably considered average these days. So women still really won't touch you.

How's your social status? Are you a fun guy that is often the center of attention?
Like I said, its so subjective, who knows? I'm in good shape and more of a clean cut guy vs. the bad boy jerk.

My social status in my new city sucks. If you're not from here, you can forget it. Lived here 2 years and have 2 friends, one who I work with. Its sad. But I'm also introverted and a little shy (not like I used to be), so definitely hate lots of attention and not the life of the party.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:43 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,237 times
Quote:
Like I said, its so subjective, who knows? I'm in good shape and more of a clean cut guy vs. the bad boy jerk.

My social status in my new city sucks. If you're not from here, you can forget it. Lived here 2 years and have 2 friends, one who I work with. Its sad. But I'm also introverted and a little shy (not like I used to be), so definitely hate lots of attention and not the life of the party.
Ah, so this is your problem. If you become extroverted (or fake it til you make it) and build your social status significantly, then you will have women beating down your door.

It's not JUST looks. Looks are the most important thing, but social status and being the "fun guy" are a close second and third. Just consider yourself lucky that you already have the things you can't change (the looks).

Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
People, both genders, complain about a lack of compatible potential partners. The issue is not lack lack of people, it's lack of reality.

YOU CAN:

have an attractive mate
have a person that gels with your "style"
have a great relationship

The issue is people have there heads in the clouds. There is an endless pool of available people that can more than fulfill your "requirements".

Be flexible. Most people are very rigid and often times confuses that with " I refuse to settle". We don't want you to "settle" we want to to be happy. In order to be happy, you MUST be flexible.

That's the reality, BE FLEXIBLE. Remain open minded. People come from all corners and walks of life. With over 6 billion people on the planet, all of us has MANY compatible candidates to choose from.

I find it laughable when people complain about not being able to find anyone that lives up to their "standards".

I'll repeat: BE FLEXIBLE. Do not confuse this with "settling". It's not the same.
So very true. I don't need a "hot" mate. But just as a man wants a woman he personally finds attractive, it is the same way for me regarding men. Anyway, these so-called beauty and so-called beast situations rarely work out. That's a fairytale. What "beauty" has such depth that she would fall for a man that could not even (generously so) be categorized as attractive? What so-called beast is so spiritually pure, mature and secure, he can deal with the down-sides of dating an extraordinarily attractive woman? Such as, other men hitting on her?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:18 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Ah, so this is your problem. If you become extroverted (or fake it til you make it) and build your social status significantly, then you will have women beating down your door.

It's not JUST looks. Looks are the most important thing, but social status and being the "fun guy" are a close second and third. Just consider yourself lucky that you already have the things you can't change (the looks).
If you think you can fake it til you make it and go from introvert to extrovert, you're wrong. You can't completely change your personality. Trust me, I didn't know this info in my 20's and thought there must be something wrong with me because I was quiet. Its just not so. The "fun guy" thing only happens in groups where I know people already and am comfortable with them. I can't force that.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:22 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Quote:
Stop jumping to extremes. No one said anything about women dumpster diving for men. Did you see my example about the kind of guy that I'm talking about (Okay looking with a good career and no kids)?
I'm not jumping to extremes. You are the one saying that quality women are as rare as unicorns and that quality men are only 3% of the male population. Those are your words, not mine.

You stated that a quality woman is attractive, single, and comes with no baggage. A quality man is attractive, tall, with a good career and great personality.

Anyway, if "quality" men and women - by your own definition - make up only 3% of the single population, then I guess the other 97% of men need to mate with the other 97% of women.

It's simple math.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Well, I've been told I'm decent looking and I would send thoughtful emails to women and get no response. Thats how it always is with online dating. I'm shocked the attractive women say they only get emails from sleazy guys out for sex. I know that wasn't me.
But you've said you only go for younger women and those women have more more choices. When I did online in my 20's I had so many responses and I deleted almost all.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I'm not jumping to extremes. You are the one saying that quality women are as rare as unicorns and that quality men are only 3% of the male population. Those are your words, not mine.

You stated that a quality woman is attractive, single, and comes with no baggage. A quality man is attractive, tall, with a good career and great personality.

Anyway, if "quality" men and women - by your own definition - make up only 3% of the single population, then I guess the other 97% of men need to mate with the other 97% of women.

It's simple math.
My idea of a quality man is someone with a career (doesn't matter what kind), average weight, average looks, and no kids. I don't care about his height or his income.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:37 AM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
My idea of a quality man is someone with a career (doesn't matter what kind), average weight, average looks, and no kids. I don't care about his height or his income.
Any job can be a career. The CEO of McDonalds worked his way from being a low level employee at McDonalds.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Any job can be a career. The CEO of McDonalds worked his way from being a cashier at McDonalds.

You probably wouldn't have dated him when he was a cashier right?

Why in the world would he date you now that he is a CEO?

He wasn't a cashier. He was an electrical engineer that joined McDonald's because of his robotics and automation design ability.

And she probably would have dated an engineer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships