Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Any job can be a career. The CEO of McDonalds worked his way from being a low level employee at McDonalds.
Okay a livable career. I don't consider a dishwasher at KFC a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 04:15 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I'm not jumping to extremes. You are the one saying that quality women are as rare as unicorns and that quality men are only 3% of the male population. Those are your words, not mine.
I didn't say that quality men only make up 3% of the male population. A different poster said something along those lines.

Quote:
A quality man is attractive, tall, with a good career and great personality.
I didn't say that either. I said that that is what women consider to be a "catch".

Old 08-25-2014, 04:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
People, both genders, complain about a lack of compatible potential partners. The issue is not lack lack of people, it's lack of reality.

YOU CAN:

have an attractive mate
have a person that gels with your "style"
have a great relationship

The issue is people have there heads in the clouds. There is an endless pool of available people that can more than fulfill your "requirements".

Be flexible. Most people are very rigid and often times confuses that with " I refuse to settle". We don't want you to "settle" we want to to be happy. In order to be happy, you MUST be flexible.

That's the reality, BE FLEXIBLE. Remain open minded. People come from all corners and walks of life. With over 6 billion people on the planet, all of us has MANY compatible candidates to choose from.

I find it laughable when people complain about not being able to find anyone that lives up to their "standards".

I'll repeat: BE FLEXIBLE. Do not confuse this with "settling". It's not the same.
In this matter, I can't be FLEXIBLE. Either I will date a woman I find attractive, or I will stay single. I will not be with a woman I do not find attractive. Sure personality is important but I need to feel attraction to the woman. I'm picky overall.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I didn't say that quality men only make up 3% of the male population. A different poster said something along those lines.

Quote:
A quality man is attractive, tall, with a good career and great personality.
I didn't say that either. I said that that is what women consider to be a "catch".
I don't consider tall to be a good or bad catch. A good career it depends. A good personality is required but who would date someone with a nasty personality?

To me a good catch has a job and no kids (and really no baggage).

Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
There are plenty of good people, but not all good people are good for you.

I sound like a fortune cookie!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't consider tall to be a good or bad catch. A good career it depends. A good personality is required but who would date someone with a nasty personality?

To me a good catch has a job and no kids (and really no baggage).
In that case, you are rare. Your views are in the minority from what I've observed and experienced in real life, as well as various internet discussion boards.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There are plenty of good people, but not all good people are good for you.

I sound like a fortune cookie!
That made me laugh! And I agree.

If they say like attracts like, water seeks its own level, etc., then if all you're doing is running into low quality people.........

Old 08-26-2014, 07:18 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
People, both genders, complain about a lack of compatible potential partners. The issue is not lack lack of people, it's lack of reality.

YOU CAN:

have an attractive mate
have a person that gels with your "style"
have a great relationship

The issue is people have there heads in the clouds. There is an endless pool of available people that can more than fulfill your "requirements".

Be flexible. Most people are very rigid and often times confuses that with " I refuse to settle". We don't want you to "settle" we want to to be happy. In order to be happy, you MUST be flexible.

That's the reality, BE FLEXIBLE. Remain open minded. People come from all corners and walks of life. With over 6 billion people on the planet, all of us has MANY compatible candidates to choose from.

I find it laughable when people complain about not being able to find anyone that lives up to their "standards".

I'll repeat: BE FLEXIBLE. Do not confuse this with "settling". It's not the same.
There's a lot of truth in this. The problem that manifests itself is that people are so freaking neurotic and have a list of requirements longer than their arms. I mean, if Jesus Christ Himself asked some women on a date, they'd turn Him down because a) they didn't like the way He dressed, b) He really didn't have a steady job, and c) He had these twelve guys following Him around all the time. Charismatic? Kind? Good? Raising the dead and healing the ill? Those are nice qualities and all, but they're small potatoes.

And, guys, if you think this doesn't apply to you, you're wrong. There are all kinds of Sad Sacks on this forum who complain about not finding a woman, but expect a nymphomaniacal Swedish bikini model who loves to cook and, most of all, loves him for the way he is, even if he sits at home all night playing World of Warcraft or some other foolishness.

There are a lot of fish in the sea. But there's also a finite number of fish in the sea. Yet you see all kinds of stupid, goofy requirements on here. Political leanings. Height. Weight. Profession. You name it. They expect the world of a potential S/O when they aren't all that themselves.

And every time you come up with another requirement that Mr. or Ms. Perfect have to have, you essentially slice that pool of candidates by half or two-thirds. Need him/her to vote a certain way? There goes half the possibilities right there. A certain height? There goes another large number of people. And it goes on and on until you've pared down the entire slate of possible candidates down to seven or eight people, six of whom are scattered around the country and you'll never meet.

And, sad to say, none of those requirements amount to a hill of beans. Because there are only three actual requirements for a relationship to take root and thrive:

1) Mutual chemistry.
2) Mutual respect.
3) Mutual values in life goals and priorities.

MrsCPG and I have an acquaintance like that, a former neighbor. When she was in her mid-twenties, she was funny, vivacious, and totally hot. She also had a length of requirements as long as her arm. Never married before. Professional. Presbyterian. Over six feet. Likes football. Blah blah blahbity blah. And she would date these great guys, only to dump them after a few months because they didn't fit her rarefied set of criteria. There was always some little niggling flaw that prompted her to dump his ass, like those horrid, neurotic women on Sex In The City. Lots of women love that show, but they love it for the wrong reasons. Rather than seeing that show as a satire about four miserable and shallow neurotics, they actually think, "Oh, hey, this is how I'm supposed to live and date." In other words, Sex In The City is the sad, sad counterpart to the PUA community. Yeah, it might be fun for a while, but it's ultimately a dead and tragic end.

Our friend? Now she's in her mid-40s and calls every once in a while, begging us to fix her up with somebody, anybody. All because she thought she was way too good for anybody, so now she has no one at all.

Last edited by cpg35223; 08-26-2014 at 07:40 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 07:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
And, guys, if you think this doesn't apply to you, you're wrong. There are all kinds of Sad Sacks on this forum who complain about not finding a woman, but expect a nymphomaniacal Swedish bikini model who loves to cook and, most of all, loves him for the way he is, even if he sits at home all night playing World of Warcraft or some other foolishness.

But but but....

That is what I'm attracted to!

Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But but but....

That is what I'm attracted to!

Yeah. Aren't we all? However, I think there are about seven of those in the entire world, and they're all paired up with either famous rock musicians or international soccer stars. There are no famous rock musicians or international soccer stars on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships