Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Here is a 1000 words for ya.
lol. He was skeletal in The Machinist, it was amazing.

I love athletic men. I don't like huge bodybuilding muscles or too much emphasis on weight training though. Rowers, swimmers... That's my thing And btw I like visible tone in women too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
I thought it was pretty cool that he followed the script down to his loss. He met with the director and the guy was shocked. He just told him to get thin/sickly. I think his weight was 120? Or was it 130? Not that it really matters as the guy is 6'2''.

That second pic is from his training for Batman. Its crazy that its the same person. Really shows what the human body can do and what a difference some meat on your bones can make.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
I don't know. I happen to be with you on this one. I'm attracted neither to too much muscles nor to men married to the gym. I do like "some" muscle, of course, but if it's achieved by practically living in a gym, no, thanks. I’ll happily take love handles and a little belly over this crapola any day!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Hi Repubocrat,

It means you are healthy. Unhealthy men often cannot appear fit. Health, as always, is sexy.

The shocking truth.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSEIC04599320070710

Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know. I happen to be with you on this one. I'm attracted neither to too much muscles nor to men married to the gym. I do like "some" muscle, of course, but if it's achieved by practically living in a gym, no, thanks. I’ll happily take love handles and a little belly over this crapola any day!
Ditto. I'd rather a guy be fit from running or swimming or playing tennis or whatever, rather than spending hours and hours in a gym lifting heavy things for no apparent reason other than being able to lift heavy things at the gym.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, Repubocrat. You're saying in one breath that you're trying to achieve "muscular" status, then in the next you're calling the muscular men a bunch of self-centered, possibly gay, douchebags. (and the pathetic name-calling is very childish, FYI....who cares if they're gay?!?)

If they're so horrible then why are you trying to be just like them?!?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:58 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
You guys know that gym freaks also tend to cook....just a fyi

Looking good, out of my face AND cooking...That kind sounds awesome.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:59 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ditto. I'd rather a guy be fit from running or swimming or playing tennis or whatever, rather than spending hours and hours in a gym lifting heavy things for no apparent reason other than being able to lift heavy things at the gym.
But there IS a reason! I don't know anybody who goes to the gym for "no reason". The goal isn't to "lift heavy things at the gym" it's to strengthen and gain muscle, as well as myriad health benefits. If one merely wanted to "lift heavy things" they'd stay home and move furniture around.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:59 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
Quote:
I thought it was pretty cool that he followed the script down to his loss. He met with the director and the guy was shocked. He just told him to get thin/sickly. I think his weight was 120? Or was it 130? Not that it really matters as the guy is 6'2''.

That second pic is from his training for Batman. Its crazy that its the same person. Really shows what the human body can do and what a difference some meat on your bones can make.
And the best/worst part of it is not little time had elapsed between both pictures. The Machinist was released in 2004 and Batman Begins in 2005. How is it possible to bring your body to the point of near-starvation (he was also muscular and super-fit in American Psycho few years before) and then back to big and fit in so little time without your body becoming seriously ill?

I'd love to know what his fitness plan was. The results were so quick it's unbelievable...

Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
You guys know that gym freaks also tend to cook....just a fyi
That's OK. I'm not that big of a glutton and manage on my own just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships