Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Why don't men pursue women anymore?"
Since many women have been packing on the pounds, they can't run as fast, and are therefore not much of a challenge to pursue.
And the fat dudes can't get off the sofa anyway.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Its not "classy" to trash talk other people's practice or beliefs while we are at it.

I never been "woo-ed" by some bs song and dance routine. Any fool/player can do that.

Men are interested in women period. If you say "HI" and pull your nose out of the air once in awhile instead of acting like you should be on a mountain being hand fed grapes and killing the morally unfit you might know that.

Other people's "beliefs"? What would those be exactly?

Your post makes no sense in the context of mine. Besides, CLASSY is alway a good thing, NO CLASS is never a good thing. I can stand firmly buy what I wrote. I never mentioned women having their nose in the air, people should put their best foot forward regardless of whether they are a man or a woman.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Here, right there, sums it all up. Exactly as I thought.

A man will NOT pursue a woman who he doesn't think is worthy of pursuing. Cut the crap people please!
Men will just give out their numbers to various women because they are dating around and the pool is wide opened. In the long run, it won't affect them whether or not this certain particular woman will call or ask him out. There is UNTIL he meets this one woman who gets into his head and he can't stop thinking about her. There is when he will be the one calling.

It's clear as day. We should just end the conversation here.
Pursue and woo to me are two different things

Why would you "woo" someone you hardly know?

You should get to know a person before you "woo" them Male or Female

Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Fixed your post.

Don't -- because I typed precisely what I meant.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Pursue and woo to me are two different things

Why would you "woo" someone you hardly know?

You should get to know a person before you "woo" them Male or Female
They maybe are different but they intertwine, and how else can you get to know someone unless you pursue them (and we are not talking about women that you already know as friends or through work).

Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
A man will NOT pursue a woman who he doesn't think is worthy of pursuing
That's right.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,437 times
Wow, this is turning into a battle of the sexes. Sigh.

I understand that men don't like having to do all the "work," but if a guy really likes a girl, then is it all still labeled as "work?"

I like to be pursued by guys. For me, it separates the guys who really want to get to know me from the guys who just want to get to know my naked body. If a guy only wants to hook up, he's not going to invest a lot of time. There's always another pretty girl more willing right around the corner.

The guy being the pursuer IS the traditional role. I'm not saying that I want the guy to continually chase me while I put on a cold glare and bark at him. I'm warm and receptive to him, but I refuse to throw myself at him. A guy should be perceptive enough to realize whether or not a girl will say yes or no to a date (although this depends on the girl as well; some girls like to play games and shame on them).

That said, I have learned from personal experience that it is always better to let the guy make the first move (ie: ask out on a date). I will smile, flirt, talk, and joke until the cows come home, but I am not going to ask the guy if he wants to have dinner with me tomorrow night. If a guy can't get up the nerve to ask out a girl who is eagerly waiting to be asked out, then he's not the guy for me. I like guys who are on the aggressive and direct side. They tend to go better with me. I'm far from passive and find myself easily frustrated with passive guys because I am the one having to make all the decisions. I wish some guys would realize that girls like it when they take control.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And the fat dudes can't get off the sofa anyway.
You're right. I forgot about them. It must too tough to push a wheelbarrow filled with a beer belly in front of him.

1,125 posts, read 2,193,244 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree with you of course. A woman should reciprocate back if she is interested in you. And doing initiating is not the same as "chasing" by the way as Gwyn worded.

Let me ask you this question, just honestly. You meet a woman somewhere, let's say in a lounge, she is so beautiful and sweet and you have a nice conversation, you are just so interested in her, you would love to ask her out. Would you rather take her number, or at least mutually exchange numbers, or would you just give her your number and wait for her to call you? Just be honest. Also, keep in mind that you are an attractive, not an average looking guy.
I think if a man really really wants a woman, he will pursue her. That's it. Otherwise, he is just not that interested.
I would observe the vibe she's sending out, whether she's in interested me, and if she likes me etc. If she sends the right signals, then I would ask for her number, befriend her and get to know her better to see if she is good enough for me. I'm not the type of guy who asks a woman out after conversing with her for 5 minutes. I like to take my time to see her character, her lifestyle, her manners etc. whether she is compatible with me. But I would certainly ask for her number.

If she doesn't send out the right vibes, then why bother? I'm gonna set myself up for failure.

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
Quote:
Here, right there, sums it all up. Exactly as I thought.

A man will NOT pursue a woman who he doesn't think is worthy of pursuing. Cut the crap people please!
Men will just give out their numbers to various women because they are dating around and the pool is wide opened. In the long run, it won't affect them whether or not this certain particular woman will call or ask him out. There is UNTIL he meets this one woman who gets into his head and he can't stop thinking about her. There is when he will be the one calling.

It's clear as day. We should just end the conversation here.
If a man get's that attached over a woman he's never even been on a date with,

he has serious emotional problems and the women probably can spot them a mile away.

Your approach is a great way to spot the desperate people-pleasers, if that's what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships