Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 AM

203 posts, read 511,870 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to stop in and update. I've made some calls today. It's a lot easier to get ahold of people on a Monday than a Sunday night. If I'd had these resources available last night maybe I wouldn't have chickened out. So please don't call me spineless or judge me.
I have contacted several old friends on FB, male, that all have jumped at the chance to come over tonight. My ex is also planning on coming. My plan is to arrive home the same time everyone else gets there, tell "bf" to leave and leave the rest to the men there. I have notified KC Police of what is going to happen and they said they can patrol my house on a regular basis for me for the next several days. The locksmith is coming tonight at 8pm, found one who makes housecalls..My ex is giving me a handgun to protect myself with. I don't plan on using it, god forbid, but it might give me a small sense of security.

So the plans are in motion..I already feel stronger and almost free. All I needed was support and direction and I thank you all for doing that for me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
A gun? Oh good Lord.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Doesn't matter. If that's his primary residence she has to legally evict him and there's a process for it. Google "how to evict a roommate" for more info. Here's one such example:

Dealing with Roommates: Evicting a roommate who is..., roommate survival guide, county housing agency
yep, unlawful detainer is the only other way to have him removed without a TRO, but it looks like she has a plan.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
If he does not own any part of the residence or pay rent, you can kick him out at any time. Ask him to leave (and have a couple of friends present when you do), and if he does not, call police. Make sure that when he does leave, he takes every last shred of his possessions, or anything he's paid for, with him.

Based on what you said, I don't think you have enough for a restraining order, but if you are truly afraid of this man, you might want to talk to a lawyer in your area.
Bad advice. If he's living there, you can't just "kick him out" regardless of whether he is paying rent or not. If you do, an expensive court judgement in his favor awaits.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,969 times
I am reading alot of people saying "just throw him out" "bring the police". Laughable!!

I don't see how it's possible to just throw someone out legally. There is a sequence of events that must take place. That is his legal residence, correct? Rent or not, he's living there. You need to give him at least one month or ample time to find another living arrangement , by law.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I just wanted to stop in and update. I've made some calls today. It's a lot easier to get ahold of people on a Monday than a Sunday night. If I'd had these resources available last night maybe I wouldn't have chickened out. So please don't call me spineless or judge me.
I have contacted several old friends on FB, male, that all have jumped at the chance to come over tonight. My ex is also planning on coming. My plan is to arrive home the same time everyone else gets there, tell "bf" to leave and leave the rest to the men there. I have notified KC Police of what is going to happen and they said they can patrol my house on a regular basis for me for the next several days. The locksmith is coming tonight at 8pm, found one who makes housecalls..My ex is giving me a handgun to protect myself with. I don't plan on using it, god forbid, but it might give me a small sense of security.

So the plans are in motion..I already feel stronger and almost free. All I needed was support and direction and I thank you all for doing that for me!!

NOW you're saving yourself - good for you!

I felt all along all you needed was some direction, and a swift kick in the ass. And you DO feel better now, you said so yourself

Best of luck tonight.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
She is enmeshed people.
This is not news.

Quote:
I hope that you are right chocolate for your sake cuz if something happens to this girl and you advised her not to accept help it will be YOU hearing from the authorities in my opinion.
Your opinion is not fact. And where did I advise her to not accept help? Show me.

Quote:
And an fyi to your arrogance mandated reporters exist in all states of the Nation. They are required to alert authorities when there is a reasonable suspicion of abuse and this situation clearly fits those definitions. Ready to join the real world?
FYI, I am not a mandated reporter, are you? Are the mods mandated reporters?

You made the assertion that, in some states, this particular situation would be legally required to be reported. I asked, in what states and in which situations. I didn't ask about mandated reporters or how many states they were in.

No violence, against her, has taken place and one is going to come knocking on the doors of everyone in this thread for not reporting that the OP has loser boyfriend who verbally abuses her.

Read what is here in black and white, get your info straight then preach about the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post

I'm glad you are working towards getting him out of there. But do you have any training with a gun? I pray he doesn't get a hold of it if you ever find yourself having to use it.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:47 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm glad you are working towards getting him out of there. But do you have any training with a gun? I pray he doesn't get a hold of it if you ever find yourself having to use it.
I second this. A gun may make you feel secure, but it may be more dangerous to you if you don't know how to use it or if it gets into the wrong hands. You may also want to consider staying at someone else's house for a few nights or having someone stay over with you.

Hope all goes well tonight.

Stay safe and keep us posted.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:49 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Chocolate. Your arrogance blinds you IMO. Mandated reporters in all states are teachers, nurses, doctors, and the list goes on and on. The purpose of the law is self evident to prevent physical psychological and economic abuse of people particularly children and the elderly. You can find a copy of the laws in your state because they do vary in findlaw.com.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Chocolate. Your arrogance blinds you IMO. Mandated reporters in all states are teachers, nurses, doctors, and the list goes on and on. The purpose of the law is self evident to prevent physical psychological and economic abuse of people particularly children and the elderly. You can find a copy of the laws in your state because they do vary in findlaw.com.
LOL....and you can't read. So neener, neener.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships