Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 10:36 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Of course, Col. Jessep was hauled off to the brig not long after saying that. Jus sayin.....
Not for saying that truth (if you were paying attention to the whole story). Just sayin...

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-15-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God & The Angels often explain to people in dreams & spiritual encounters that people's souls are brought to earth from their original bodies which are held in suspended animation back at the source, & placed into human bodies to live as mortals without spiritual powers & learn about good & evil.

God sometimes shows me the souls He is taking to Heaven & they look like beautiful gems. Sometimes God fills my entire house with souls & they all are like coloured orbs floating in the air speaking to each other telepathically. It is a real surprise when God does that & it is nothing I would of ever expected happening in a million years.

Also God takes my soul out of my body all the time. Thousands of times in fact.

I read a book years ago that explained how anyone could leave their body & travel in the spirit world, & then return to their body because there was a cord connecting the two & keeping the soul safe. I thought that sounded like real fun, so I lay down on my back on the floor in the main room, in the middle of the bright day, & proceeded to force myself out of my body.
Instantly a group of bright angels appeared all around me & one of them spoke in a beautiful voice & said "It is not time yet. You must stay in your body".
I found that I could bring the angels back at any time any day simply by trying to lift my soul out of my body. The angels started taking me out of my body & letting me fly around after a while. They taught me vast amounts of information about the soul.

Basically the soul is like an orb of plasma or energy that has mass. It has been measured by science who noted that people lose weight the second they die. Something with real cold hard weight leaves their body at death.

Also there are video recordings of people's souls leaving their body at death & flying away, & videos of guardian angels coming & going from people's rooms at night. There is limitless proof that souls & spiritual beings exist my dear fellow. It's time for you to wake up & smell the coffee sleepy head
Hmmm...

I wonder if I should add these to the Ten Truths.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As usual, you make unsubstantiated claims for our current knowledge and capabilities. The bold about detecting our soul is among them. The universe has been expanding at an accelerated rate since the Big Bang but we still cannot detect and directly measure the dark energy that is making it happen. Galaxies have been forming for billions of years and being sustained by gravitational mass (dark matter) that we still cannot detect and directly measure. In fact, the undetectable and unmeasurable percentage of our universe comprised of those two phenomena is 95+%. We can only indirectly detect them by their effects on what we can measure so we do not even know what they are. The same is true for our consciousness. We can only indirectly measure its existence by its effects and through self-reports. Asserting that your consciousness has no structural form or organization is simply wrong. Without such cognitive structure and organization, you would not be able to converse or think about anything. Your naive' presumption that structure and organization only exist in physical entities is laughable.
You make an excellent point!

There is what we can know, in much the way Mircea also attempts to establish.

There is what we can't or don't know, in much the way humans have been groping to better understand about what we don't understand since the beginning and still today. Much still to learn, no question. Much truth still to reveal itself to us. No doubt.

All to say..., well heck. Why repeat myself? Truth Four and the rest pretty well covers it...

Old 09-15-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
well scientists have a motive for covering up spiritual truths, so I don't believe the experiment was flawed that badly; if at all. Millions of people report their beds sinking down as a spiritual being sits on the bed beside them. That is proof that spiritual beings have weight & mass
Did you read my experience in that thread about psychics and tarots and such?

Old 09-15-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I did it by piecemeal because I think what people challenge is how the pursuit of truth is done.
Fair enough. Thanks...

So any judgement as to the whole?

Old 09-15-2019, 11:02 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
[...]

Many have claimed that a demon was pressing down on them so they couldn't get up. I have experienced this odd effect of waking up and wanting to get up by being unable to make my bod. respond. Eventually it does. Whatever the cause of this, I just don't believe it is a 'demon'. [...]
I have experienced this many times also, it is called Sleep Paralysis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Old 09-15-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I have experienced this many times also, it is called Sleep Paralysis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Others call it inebriation...

Old 09-15-2019, 11:59 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Others call it inebriation...
It happened to me when I was a child once. I didn't see alcohol until after I left home at 18 years. I suspect it may have been because of stress.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:12 PM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Fair enough. Thanks...

So any judgement as to the whole?
The whole I suspect is the "truth". I was referring to the pursuit of truth which is a process. If the process is faulty, then the whole is as well.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
The whole I suspect is the "truth". I was referring to the pursuit of truth which is a process. If the process is faulty, then the whole is as well.
Exactly, and why I thought to build some sort of foundation on which to pursue a process that might ultimately lead to the truth for ALL. In a PEACEFUL manner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality