Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 12:39 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,966 times

Advertisements

Filmed in Tucson - White Line Fever (1975).

Watch White Line Fever Online Free Putlocker | Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

Cameo roles by Arnold Jeffers at the very beginning, as himself, long term Pima County Assessor. I believe Swede Johnson, former U of A administrator, has a short scene too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 08:40 PM

700 posts, read 918,756 times
I just bought "A Kiss Before Dying," with Robert Wagner from 1955. They had a great view of Tucson aerial downtown from the bank building before he pushed Joanne Woodward off it!

There was one scene at Main Gate Square standing in front of the volcanic rock wall. Some of the college scenes were done at UCLA I read. I don't recognize the resort or estate that was used for the copper baron's house. Do you know what it is?

The scenes at Inspiration Copper mine in Globe were very cool.

The couple of restaurants/bars they went to in Tucson were fun to see; I think it was the old Santa Rita hotel and the Tiki.

Wow, the Santa Rita was a great old place. We went there to the original Poca Cosa before it was torn down. I remember seeing it in the first episode of The Fugitive; but the Fugitive has a LOT of Tucson scenery. I think my favorite was the lady's apartment at the "El Cap" apartments. El Capitan is still there and look great, just south of biosciences off 6th Street.

Have you seen "Kiss Before Dying?" What other places did you notice?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:44 AM

137 posts, read 415,957 times
Fellow Tucsonians I received Bonnie Henry's first book, "Another Tucson," yesterday. That Amazon is fast!

Unfortunately, nada about the flooding or any criminal cases, sad to say.

Lots about the local stores and their founders, including the Ronstadts, and the old DIME stores, including McLellans!! Yay, I finally got the proper spelling

There are some other articles of interest, including one about the drive-ins and when each closed, KTKT and Frank Kalil, the Desert Museum and even the cemeteries, which were addressed here once before, during the time we were in the midst of the discussion about the streets off Oracle Rd.

There was one article that really tickled me, about MOTHER HIGGINS. Geez, I had not thought of her since I was a kid! But Bonnie writes, "If you were a kid in this town anytime between 1913 and 1967, chances are you heard it at least once: "If you don't behave, you're going to Mother Higgins." Try hearing that in your house several times a week: I had 2 brothers and 7 boy cousins lived across the street ... I heard that phrase frequently, from my mom and my 2 aunts! What a trip! There's even a picture of a smiling Mother Higgins, who does not look nearly as intimidating as I might have pictured her An of you remember hearing about her? Anyone ever get to meet her?! Hah!

Also mention of the movie Wilma mentions above and the infamous clock, and how many "takes" it took to get a scene right! I wish I could remember more of the scenes from The Fugitive - I LOVED that show, the best one on TV in its day and to know it was filmed locally was so cool. For awhile, Tucson, a one popular place for Hollywood to film their movies and TV shows.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:21 PM

406 posts, read 623,728 times
Thank you for looking anyway! Hopefully someone will see this and offer their input as others have done in this forum.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:12 AM

19 pix of stuff you probably remember. I miss the Big A! Maybe you were one of those kids heading into Levy's that day in 1969...

19 Tucson institutions you'll never see again

Old 09-14-2015, 11:30 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
19 pix of stuff you probably remember. I miss the Big A! Maybe you were one of those kids heading into Levy's that day in 1969...

Great stuff, Wilma!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:02 AM

406 posts, read 623,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post

Yes Wilma, that was some great stuff. I had forgotten about Justin's Water World.

I finally got to see the Gordo's that I talk about sometimes in these forums, complete with a reference to their very catchy trademark commercials. I was not aware that was the owner appearing in his own advertisements.

I don't know why Magic Carpet Golf does not really ring a bell. We always went to Golf N Stuff on Tanque Verde. They had a batting cage, arcade games and bumper boats. Was Magic Carpet just miniature golf?

Old 09-15-2015, 07:35 AM

Magic Carpet was on Speedway near one of the El Molino restaurants, the one with the bull where the tropic zone kept getting painted blue, wasn't it? Am I remembering that right? I could be wrong but was Magic Carpet the mini-golf establishment that appeared in that episode of HEY DUDE?

Speaking of which, did you know that HEY DUDE is now available in its entirety on DVD? They call it five seasons, but they are 13-show seasons a la Nickelodeon. I love that little show! I'm enjoying the heck out of the DVD's.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:47 PM

137 posts, read 415,957 times
Long time, no posts!

We're having AZ-like heat over here in SoCal - how about everybody else?

Just making small talk ...

Old 09-23-2015, 09:07 PM

237 posts, read 245,590 times
I remember Gordos, it was packed all the time until newer places took the business. I always loved to go to the drive in as a kid. My parents would make a bunch of popcorn in a paper bag, pile sleeping bags in my dad's truck and we'd go see 2 movies. Some of my most favorite memories of my father. Kinda sad my kids will never experience that. We also spent a lot of time camping at lake patagonia. Now my kids have a beach down the street to swim in but nothing like jumping in a dirty lake, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson