Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 07:38 PM

345 posts, read 206,369 times

Advertisements

anyone else been certifying for the 13 weeks without a problem and then al of sudden now it says your certification cant be processed and to call? this is my 13th week......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 07:44 PM

724 posts, read 449,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
are you saying the PEUC 13 week extension is only 7 weeks for those who are on PUA claims???? Where did you see that information as in all I've read in the guidelines I have not seen that indicated.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...announces.html

"Gig workers, independent contractors and the self-employed, who were eligible for 39 weeks of federal benefits, will not get the full extension. They will receive seven additional weeks from the state for a total of 46 weeks, the agency said."

Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSki82 View Post
The 13 weeks will be automatically set once you certify for your benefits. You will get another online questionnaire different than the one you certify for weekly benefits on a regular basis. You should be getting a letter in the mail that you are approved. Hope this helps.
Curious when your benefits exhausted? did you benefit claim year also expire? how long from time you exhausted benefits until you received the letter in the mail? If your claim benefit year also expired did they "reopen" your expired benefit year and just tack on the 13 weeks? Was the different online questionnaire a one time thing or each week when you claim or for every week?

Old 07-01-2020, 08:48 PM

88 posts, read 47,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachnick33 View Post
anyone else been certifying for the 13 weeks without a problem and then al of sudden now it says your certification cant be processed and to call? this is my 13th week......
Did your benefit year end? Mine along with a few others I read about had the benefit year end and got that message. I wound up having to call and have them reopen the claim. My claim, since I am receiving partial benefits expired on 6/16 and they reopened it when I got through on the 17th. My 13 weeks have officially expired but I do still have a balance, so hopefully no issues arise next week when trying to claim and until that balance is exhausted.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:49 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,390 times
I think the 7 week reference is about EB (Fed-Ed). In CA, people on PUA will only get 7 weeks of Fed-Ed (instead of 20). Maybe that's a standard thing that PUA people will be receive the 26 weeks, plus the PEUC 13, and then finally the EB 7. So a total of 46 weeks.

Quote:
Programming for the new additional seven weeks to make the total of 20 weeks
available will follow shortly after, along with the programming needed to add the
seven weeks to the PUA program to increase the maximum benefits available up
to a total of 46 weeks.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...announces.html

"Gig workers, independent contractors and the self-employed, who were eligible for 39 weeks of federal benefits, will not get the full extension. They will receive seven additional weeks from the state for a total of 46 weeks, the agency said."
Ok gotcha you're referring to the EB (extended benefits). I thought you meant PUA was only entitled to 7 weeks of PEUC.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:59 PM

724 posts, read 449,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Ok gotcha you're referring to the EB (extended benefits). I thought you meant PUA was only entitled to 7 weeks of PEUC.

What I am not sure about is if this mean now it goes past December, that was not made clear

Old 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,393 times
I hope this helps one or many because only those that are unemployed right now truly know all the emotions and stress. I was on here last week as I had just "exhausted" the last of my NJ reg. unemployment and the BIG ZERO was showing in my remaining balance. The scenarios of A,B and C......ok, can rule out A and B for me but confused on C. .......every other thought is my family needs this $$$ and the well, let's call it another 4 weeks plus the 600 ending in July and if not employed by Aug 1, then really *&%#@! B/C without the add. 600 can't even tread water. Called NJ UE like many of you the Central Jersey # and kept hanging up when it went to the recording of "call back the next business day. You can get through, jut need the time, when I finally got through my hold time was then another 26 minutes.....okay, and have come that far. Spoke very NICELY to the employee and got as much help from her that was possible and needed. She confirmed that on June 24th, the day I made my last claim that UNEMPLOYMENT confirmed my 13 week extension and she gave me the total $$$ amount and it matched up exactly with my 13 weeks X my same weekly benefit.....its a start and a little stress relieved for the moment. Like many of you, I kept checking my dashboard.....no reboot of my remaining balance and so everyone understands, there won't be a reboot.....don't stress. The following week I received that blue NJ unemployment envelope and there are 2 boxes. One that says you qualify for 13 more weeks and one that does not. Mine was checked off that I qualify, just like the rep said. I kept checking to see if my dashboard updates....and again so you know what to expect...it won't. Fast forward to my 1st claim of the 13 week period yesterday, go through the normal steps that you have when claiming....time slot, social, DOB.....it then triggered my to a little stress and application that has a few basic questions. Stress level high b/c we have all read so many diff things and one being if even one thing is answered incorrectly, then......Only 2-3 questions.....estimate the last time you worked in NJ / Did you work outside of NJ / Did you collect from another state / Verify that you are truthful and hold your breath, brings you to the page that you enter your social, and then again the page with your PIN. You're still holding your breath and then BANG.......to the familiar claim page that you have been claiming your weekly benefits......You know what to do here and certify with the truth. It then brings you to the next page that traditionally shows the $$ amount that will be processed as well as what your new balance remaining is. I checked my dashboard again today and IT DOES NOT UPDATE THERE. I received the normal confirmation email that my claim was put in and then the next one overnight that the DD had been processed. Today, it hit my account like previous ones and is pending as normal and will clear. I know this will help some and still other will be frustrated. Their verbage says if you have been collecting and it runs out you do not have do anything it will be automatic and then dot, dot, dot you have the ABC scenarios.....in my case it was automatic and the lettter...not email came from NJ Dept of Labor. Did I need to make the call, I think most of us can understand and I still wanted to know whether or not I had to open a new, or existing claim.....In my case, I did not. Automatic and then slight change when in your time slot as I stated b/c it triggers and knows by your social the 13 week scenario that you are now in. If i put anyone to sleep I'm sorry, i'm hoping it helps or even clarifies for some if not many. The easy thing to do would be not taking time to share and say everyone is on their own....but if even a few people would pay forward with good character and moral compass, wellllll....you know, it does make a difference. My best to everyone...Your friend in Aberdeen.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4908 View Post
I hope this helps one or many because only those that are unemployed right now truly know all the emotions and stress. I was on here last week as I had just "exhausted" the last of my NJ reg. unemployment and the BIG ZERO was showing in my remaining balance. The scenarios of A,B and C......ok, can rule out A and B for me but confused on C. .......every other thought is my family needs this $$$ and the well, let's call it another 4 weeks plus the 600 ending in July and if not employed by Aug 1, then really *&%#@! B/C without the add. 600 can't even tread water. Called NJ UE like many of you the Central Jersey # and kept hanging up when it went to the recording of "call back the next business day. You can get through, jut need the time, when I finally got through my hold time was then another 26 minutes.....okay, and have come that far. Spoke very NICELY to the employee and got as much help from her that was possible and needed. She confirmed that on June 24th, the day I made my last claim that UNEMPLOYMENT confirmed my 13 week extension and she gave me the total $$$ amount and it matched up exactly with my 13 weeks X my same weekly benefit.....its a start and a little stress relieved for the moment. Like many of you, I kept checking my dashboard.....no reboot of my remaining balance and so everyone understands, there won't be a reboot.....don't stress. The following week I received that blue NJ unemployment envelope and there are 2 boxes. One that says you qualify for 13 more weeks and one that does not. Mine was checked off that I qualify, just like the rep said. I kept checking to see if my dashboard updates....and again so you know what to expect...it won't. Fast forward to my 1st claim of the 13 week period yesterday, go through the normal steps that you have when claiming....time slot, social, DOB.....it then triggered my to a little stress and application that has a few basic questions. Stress level high b/c we have all read so many diff things and one being if even one thing is answered incorrectly, then......Only 2-3 questions.....estimate the last time you worked in NJ / Did you work outside of NJ / Did you collect from another state / Verify that you are truthful and hold your breath, brings you to the page that you enter your social, and then again the page with your PIN. You're still holding your breath and then BANG.......to the familiar claim page that you have been claiming your weekly benefits......You know what to do here and certify with the truth. It then brings you to the next page that traditionally shows the $$ amount that will be processed as well as what your new balance remaining is. I checked my dashboard again today and IT DOES NOT UPDATE THERE. I received the normal confirmation email that my claim was put in and then the next one overnight that the DD had been processed. Today, it hit my account like previous ones and is pending as normal and will clear. I know this will help some and still other will be frustrated. Their verbage says if you have been collecting and it runs out you do not have do anything it will be automatic and then dot, dot, dot you have the ABC scenarios.....in my case it was automatic and the lettter...not email came from NJ Dept of Labor. Did I need to make the call, I think most of us can understand and I still wanted to know whether or not I had to open a new, or existing claim.....In my case, I did not. Automatic and then slight change when in your time slot as I stated b/c it triggers and knows by your social the 13 week scenario that you are now in. If i put anyone to sleep I'm sorry, i'm hoping it helps or even clarifies for some if not many. The easy thing to do would be not taking time to share and say everyone is on their own....but if even a few people would pay forward with good character and moral compass, wellllll....you know, it does make a difference. My best to everyone...Your friend in Aberdeen.
Appreciate your time in updating the forum (particularly exhausters in NJ). I'm glad yours worked out. I wish that they would clarify on the time frame for notifying those in Scenario A because I know there are still plenty out there in this group (old exhausters) who are still waiting on a shred of anything to come via email, snail mail or dropped out of a plane at this point. I think this group of exhausters are the ones who have been and continue to be waiting in the wings. We have no grounds for a new UI claim. So basically the dashboard looks like someone without a valid benefit year because no claim is filed. NJ UI has been shamefully negilient in providing any further information on what these exhausters are supposed to do IMO. And some are now back to work and have never been notified. Yet during the weeks in question and unemployed were eligible for the PEUC under an expired benefit year and/or exhausted benefits. What happens then? They get nothing because they happen to now be working for a couple of weeks?

Old 07-05-2020, 02:48 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,390 times
I was searching on Twitter for people who are in the Scenario A to post any info here but couldn't find much chatter about it. Seems like NJ is still saying to "WAIT" for that group. I feel like they should tell those people to file new claims just so they can quickly identify who is seeking the 13 weeks. So far, in the few places I looked, I can't find people in that group who have had any movement on their accounts.

With EB kicking in now, they will be 2 programs behind for some people. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment