Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
lol there has to be ONE guy in NY reading this thread who wants to give it a shot sticking it in NYAnna.

Please send her a PM and get it over with so her confidence can be boosted and we don't get anymore of these threads
She is from Detroit.
Nyanna is pronounced Ni-anna with a long I sound sort of like Diana.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 AM

196 posts, read 658,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Do we have to have a white man approval for everything, no. But people should not be hard on me for this.
Black men feel the same way. Why do you think when they make it big they start chasing after white women.

I know black men who are just with some women just because they are white. My sister has witnessed this and seen black men drooling over some girl just because she is white. This is in all black area.

Look at Kim K. and Kanye West. I know he feels he hit the jackpot.
How do you know that?

A lot of Black men (and I know a few) drool over virtually ALL women.

I've had to defend my mama, sister, and some of everybody else from leering dudes, so the idea that Black men only drool over White women is absurd.

With your logic, why do White women spend all their time out in the sun and in tanning beds trying to get darker?

Why do they get ass implants to emulate the look that women of West African descent have naturally

Have you not heard of Naomi Campbell? Gabrielle Union, Tyson Beckford? Wesley Snipes? 2pac? Michael Jordan? Denzel Washington? Angela Bassett?

There's a TON of dark skinned Black sex symbols over the years.

And Black people marry Black people more than any other minority group in America by far.

More Asians, Latinos, Jews, Arabs, and Native Americans marry outside their race than Black people do.

And how is Kanye West symbolic of ALL Black men now?

Jay-Z's married to Beyonce

50 Cent was with Ciara

Nelly's with Ashanti

Snoop Dogg's wife is Black

Ice Cube's wife is Black

What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
White women do fit the standard if beauty for black men,that's her point.
Except,black men favor Euro features too like long straight hair and light skin.
In others words,black men like the same things that white men like.
I think if you put a white women and a black women next to each other,the black men would choose the white women too.
(The black men meaning african american,the african men would choose the black woman).

I kind of get what the poster is saying.
We wouldn't even have this thread if more black men embraced black women's beauty,because she probably wouldn't care if white men accepted it or not.
(Since most blacks in america are descendants of West Africans,i should say West African womens beauty)
But like I said, I don't know any Black women who can't get laid, unless they're fat or ugly or cracked out or something.

Hell, I even know fat, ugly, and cracked out women who are married or have boyfriends.

This whole "Black men don't like us" thing is all in your minds.

Black people marry within the race more than any minority group, so obviously some Black men must want Black women.

If they don't want you, then I'd have to look at attitude first and foremost.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 AM

438 posts, read 660,280 times
why can't west african women be the most beautiful ?

you mean they are not?

Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Would these black men like me as a person probably not on what I am saying. I can not help who I am attractive to. Also, it is not purely a physical thing as I see many very attractive looking African American men. The personality of aggressiveness and not being to relate is a turn off too. I do not like my men hard acting.
That's Xenocentrism, you can't related African American culture well and you have a favoring of another cultural background prefences. As I said it's one thing to date out your race, there's nothing wrong that love is love. But it's another to not want to dated in your race and prefer another background that's odd.

My thing is you can't cry because white men aren't seeing you as beautiful as black men does.... Duh. basically your rejecting the idea that your beautiful for people who say your not or less. The fact you said sometimes you feel ugly.... NO sometimes your convinced yourself that your Ugly because your not a white women. Then the guys "blacks" who are saying your beautiful your basically saying it's because they got lower standards. WTF.

If you can't relate to black men as a black women you can't relate to African American culture all together. Chance are you can't cultural related to black women either. Something is telling me you having an identity crisis which is another topic. But your ideals are killing me, you believe white men are more picky and selective then black men? WTF. Then now Black men have a aggressive personally? WTF.

Quote:
The eurocentric look thing. That is joke to me. More African American men react to the Eurocentric look than many white men. The white guys I see with African American women have there hair completely natural. I wear my hair natural, but it is more of a textured look because this is my natural hair.
Do you know many brothas come out of nowhere saying is that your hair! Do not let me ever straighten it out that is when they all come crawling out and shouting. I think African American men are attracted to the more Eurocentric look when it comes to certain faces features and especially hair.

Whatever I do with my hair white men do not have a reaction. Plus the more Eurocentric I look, I do not receive less attention from black men, latinos or whoever. I get the same attention as a a size 8 or size 12.
So your saying Black men droll over Paris Hilton more than Tatyana Ali and Gabrielle Union?............. No! And neither is mix,

Tatyana Ali

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...arkers_A_S.jpg
Gabrielle Union

http://glamazonsblog.com/wp-content/...azons-blog.jpg

I sorry black men don't want a white women from a magazine we want the big booty girl from a rap video to be blant. In African American culture their this light skin vs Dark skin thing. Which is not the same thing as a white chick vs a black chick. To African American culture light skin means mix blacks... not light skin as actually white. Then light skin means mix with anything not just white. I do believe many black men may have issues preferring lighter girls "black!" but actually white girls no. Even in the light skin case African features are still more dominate over white features. So your taking it way further then what it is.

lauren london and Jurnee Smollett are light skin black women they both are actually mix, when black guys say they're beautiful it's not because white features. To real the only the white feature Jurnee Smollett has is the mix tone of her skin, because she has straight up African facial features. And honestly

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...fxxxs/06-1.jpg
Jurnee Smollett

http://images45.fotki.com/v1451/phot...mollett-vi.jpg

Amerie is would also be consider light skin, But she's half Asian so it has nothing to do European features. And even in the case her being half Asian most black guys would probably still have a bias with her over Lucy Lu.

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/imag...amerie-400.jpg

Normally the white women black guys date have something reminiscing of black women. Whether or not it's that she has a fugue more common to black women, or the way she speak and act but something. The same goes for Latinas, Asians chicks and etc. Also 2012 hair? Mane chicks die their hair purple and blue today. Guys don't care about hair as long it look nice, if a black girl can rock hair natural and look nice than it is what is nneka. But hair is nearly as shallow in beauty as nails are, a chick can rock her hair one week and change up next week.

Nneka

http://img.sxsw.com/2012/bands/52599.jpg
Yaya dacosta

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/...ya-dacosta.jpg

Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I think round is a better description and it's not just black Africans but East and southeast Asians also have this feature. Tho as some one pointed out some black African groups have pointer noses too tho it's less common. I'm a artist and have drawn enough portraits.

I'm open to date anyone of any background have done so, but I admit I have a bias for black women because I'm a black male. I don't believe there should be a conventional standard of beauty especial considering we live in a diverse World. Often that can be the larger or dominate ethnic group pushing there features as a standard over other groups, and this may not even be on purpose. And I'm not even a Marxist but I'm just saying that's really what's going on. Parents just need to teach there kids not to fall for the okey doke.

Asian Double Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) - Why? - YouTube
Be careful when you mention 'East Asian's. Northern Chinese, Japanese and Koreans tend to have sharper/pointer noses like Europeans, although their noses bridges vary from low to fairly high. The East Asians with the broad, flat noses tend to be Southern Chinese (where most immigrant Chinese came from, although many Southern Chinese don't). The flat noses come from more Australoid admixture, Southeast Asians, Polynesian.etc. Of course there are Koreans with flat noses but it's not the norm, and East Asians seldom have noses as broad as the vast majority of West Africans. Of course there might be exceptions but that's overwhelmingly the case.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
She is from Detroit.
Nyanna is pronounced Ni-anna with a long I sound sort of like Diana.
That changes things lol, if I saw this a couple months ago (when I was still in Detroit) I'd have done the CD a favour by boosting her confidence But now, all I can do is give my friends some exercise. Hit me up Nyanna, i got some brothers who will keep you up and howling so you don't even think about threads like these

Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Let's be honest about this. Hollywood, not to mention other factors, have dictated what is considered the standard of beauty in the USA. For a long time, this nation never considered anything other than White to be beautiful. It has been this was for hundreds of years. When you look back to really old movies, who are the women that are considered beautiful in those days? Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Vivien Leigh, Greta Garbo, Elizabeth Taylor, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Sophia Loren,etc. Look at the film Imitation of Life. One of the main characters is a girl who is half Black and half White. However, the actresses who played her: One was half Mexican and half Czech. The other actress was Jewish. The only African-American actress played a caretaker. This nation has had a history of not seeing Black women as beautiful. This has been slow to change. More Black women have been given more prominent roles. However, the lingering racism has been slow to go away. Look at some of the films in Latin America. Almost no Black women in those films.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Some of the most stunningly beautiful people I've met have been African; some have been from east Africa, others not. It depends entirely on the individual.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Some of the most stunningly beautiful people I've met have been African; some have been from east Africa, others not. It depends entirely on the individual.
You and many others may genuinely believe that but the majority clearly does not.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You and many others may genuinely believe that but the majority clearly does not.
Possibly, but I don't concern myself with what others consider beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.