U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-20-2019, 04:11 PM
 
142 posts, read 26,236 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
The chileans governing are all european or quite european. Same goes for all countries... like south africa was improving with the whites but now regressing with the ongoing war against them.
That's been my whole point . But we also have to understand these types of references are perceived as highly (racist for the non whites, even when they're not ). But between you and me 😈 we know these are also facts ) .
What's happening in south Africa with the white genocide is very sad. Since the Mandela times south Africa has been drastically falling from Grace economically...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2019, 06:13 PM
 
Location: London, UK
2,870 posts, read 1,544,263 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post

Europeans brought modern civilization to the areas I mentioned; there's just no way around it, you stupid SJW.

Call me again a nazi, and I will talk to administration
I'm not denying that and attested to it from the very beginning, the Europeans and Ottomans were the first to harness the power of gunpowder into a musket/fire arm, this sets the stage for the rest.

And go ahead darling..taddle tale on me I really couldn't give a monkeys. The proof is in your posts, that's your belief system like it or lump it.

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 06-20-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
121 posts, read 61,551 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
I will say this (there's no such Rio platense dialect ) IT IS STILL SPANISH . don't try to make it look (special). Yes Italian influence is significant but its not all that ... Don't make me turn the table because the same way I defend so fiercely the southern cone I can also talk about the weaknesses in the region. Yes I've been to Buenos Aires and and also mentioned its incredible similarity to New York City. (Not too modern or cleaned but the energy , architecture and the fame is there ) . (Now NYC is not that cleaned I have to say lol)
Of course it's still Spanish. Who said it wasn't? It has a lot of Italian undertones. But you can clearly tell when someone is from Rosario vs Mendoza. It's there, especially to the trained ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
121 posts, read 61,551 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
E

I agree with you �� , but read all my posts and you'll see how much I defend and still do the southern cone region. I was just making a little joke about Argentina this time . Don't get me wrong I'm here to support (my region ) as a whole. First as a Latino American and second as a (southern cone citizen). But let me tell you. I am pro Hispanic Unification. I'm tough with my beliefs but I can see both side of the isles if I decide to . The reason I defend so fiercely the southern cone is because I am from the region and I'm trying to destroy misconceptions but at the same time (I want other latino countries to learn about our history and respect us ) and make them realized that southern cone has shaped Latin America history in great areas . )(Not just economically but also socially in terms of HDI, GDP per capita, LGBT rights , women rights ). Have you noticed how much the other Latino countries tried to bring us down all the time ????. That's why I have to come up with facts and let them know why we have the reputation we have . Its called tough love.

You're from the "southern cone"? Could have fooled me with the way you talk about it. You used Quora for references lol.

Yes I have seen in this thread how others have tried to discredit Argentina, and I will defend it, but I'm also a realist. What you're trying to equate to success and what's really been success seems like a stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
121 posts, read 61,551 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
guys, just a small reminder: (data published 2018)

so question for this thread is "why is the southern cone dark blue?"
Is this HDI? No references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
121 posts, read 61,551 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
I will say this (there's no such Rio platense dialect ) IT IS STILL SPANISH . don't try to make it look (special). Yes Italian influence is significant but its not all that ... Don't make me turn the table because the same way I defend so fiercely the southern cone I can also talk about the weaknesses in the region. Yes I've been to Buenos Aires and and also mentioned its incredible similarity to New York City. (Not too modern or cleaned but the energy , architecture and the fame is there ) . (Now NYC is not that cleaned I have to say lol)
Outside of not being too modern or clean (based off your standards) in what world are BA and New York alike? I'm at a complete loss here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins, USA
1,470 posts, read 2,366,576 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
1) Venezuela was a democracy and the richest country in South America for a long time (yep it was , once it went (Multiracial everything changed )
This makes a nice narrative to support your point. The problem is that itís not true. The earliest demographic data I could find that is close to the golden age of Venezuela is here CIA World Facebook 1981 . Youíll have to scroll quite a bit to get to the Vs, but when you do, youíll see that Venezuela was around 65% mestizo and 10% black then. In 2019 it is around 52% mestizo and 3.5% black. The indigenous population percentage has remained relatively stable at 2.5%.

Last edited by xeric; 06-20-2019 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins, USA
1,470 posts, read 2,366,576 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post

Europeans brought modern civilization to the areas I mentioned; there's just no way around it, you stupid SJW.

Call me again a nazi, and I will talk to administration
There’s nothing as sensitive as a white male on the Internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 10:03 AM
 
142 posts, read 26,236 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseofPlace View Post
Outside of not being too modern or clean (based off your standards) in what world are BA and New York alike? I'm at a complete loss here.

I lived 5 years in NCY and visited BS. You have to go and check by yourself . Theyre similar in their old classic buildings, their neighborhood, streets. Etc. In fact both cities were /are the 2 major city ports in the Americas from which most inmigrants entered the country back in the day. USA and Argentina are the 2 countries in the Americas that received the most Europeans .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 10:06 AM
 
448 posts, read 562,132 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
That's been my whole point . But we also have to understand these types of references are perceived as highly (racist for the non whites, even when they're not ). But between you and me 😈 we know these are also facts ) .
What's happening in south Africa with the white genocide is very sad. Since the Mandela times south Africa has been drastically falling from Grace economically...
So if you say africans have a good sense of rhythm, can run faster (mostly) or maybe have a larger sausage then these people take no offence... but if you say whites makes development, then they go full sjw rage mode?

That means that these people here feel they are above africans. That is quite ironically racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top