Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 10,162 times

Advertisements

New web site for juniperwoodranch.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 01:23 AM

60 posts, read 295,893 times
Hello,

Are you a resident of Juniperwood? If so, would you know if they(the residents) would be interested in an Independent Private Provider there?

There was a what was THOUGHT a good sized wildland fire there on Christmas Day that we ALMOST responded to out there somewhere because there was no answer when 911 called Ash Fork and Seligman FD(as usual) didnt want to run that far but come to find out it was just a Campbell Ranch burnoff out there anyways. We could see the smoke from Bridge Canyon. When the call came in 911 was saying a someone traveling down I-40 spotted it out in the field off in a distance around the 138 milemarker which would be right off Crookton and over in the direction of Juniperwoods(west end). :-S

Anyways, let me know and Happy New Years.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,343 times
I am a Real Estate Agent in AZ and have a client with 3 lots in Bridge Canyon who is interested in selling. I would appreciate any pricing info you would care to share. Comps for Bridge Canyon are almost non existent. Thank you.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM

I dont understand what you mean by "comps". Would you please detail?
Also, would you know what units the lots are in and what the lot numbers are? I can post that they are for sale here locally and offer your contact number for potential buyers if you would like.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 11,924 times
Comps are Comparables. Property values in or around the area of the subject property. I think that Walmart and other big stores in Seligman are not a bad idea. I don't understand why there are people against the growth of the city? If Seligman grows your property values will grow and there will be more funding for Fire Departments, and other public services. I know many of you look at the city as a place to retire, but if there's no proper healthcare or utilities living there will become difficult, especially in old age. I would like to see Seligman bloom for my retirement there. Currenlty I reside in California. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to promote this growth. There are federal grants available for rec centers and for different purposes. I think Seligman would be a great candidate for some of those.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Hi,

I understand but its the people here. They are just a very backwards people and they live for hearsay and gossip.
Many times have people moved here to try getting good things started for the town and nearby areas and many times have those same people got "shot down" by the peoples bs here and ending up having to shut thier doors and move away.
Unfortunately you would have to live here to understand it. I have lived here for many years and if it wasnt for possibly having to leave everything i have tried to do here then i would leave in a heartbeat and not even glance back.
There has been alot of new people that moved here HOPING to retire, they build thier home only to find the area as well as the residents(mainly the residents) here wasnt at all what they had hoped for, thus selling out and moving on with some just plain out abandoning thier property and homes.
ALOT of problems could be started for you here by the locals that have been here all thier lives(especially the rotten ones)if you are not very very careful who you deal with. If it isnt that then they immediately gossip untrue statements about you to the "new arrivals" in hopes they can turn the "new arrivals" against you or make further problems for you.
To be really honest and yes i AM complaining but, me and my husband has been in ALOT of places during our travels in the US and have NEVER seen or ran across or even dealt with people like in this area or a town such as this.
I only got our Independent FD going for Bridge Canyon simply on the basis as "we wanted it" meaning the residents in Bridge Canyon and i was literally begged to do it. HAD it not been for that i simply would not be here. I would be in a far better area with far better people, if you know what i mean.

As far as IF you was to bring anything into Seligman like a Walmart or whatever, the locals would run you right out of the area. Again, you would just have to literally "live here" to understand it. no joke. :-(

The local District Chief tried running us out becuase we are considered his "rival" in the area but to no avail. We are still here and still operating no matter what he tells his members to try doing to us. We have been here for nearly 12 years and we are still here regardless of how much of an inconsiderate *****hole he wants to try to be with us and other people that doesnt like him in the area. He is just ONE major example of what im referring to.

Again, do not let this discourage you from moving here to retire but please, please be very careful who you deal with, befreind or listen to.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:33 PM

One other thing i forgot to mention in my "rant" is that Seligman isnt a "city", it is nothing more than a 1 mile square radius unincorporated town. There is no Mayor nor "city taxing". Fire in town is District( the ones most people do not like or want) and Law Enforcement is by County Sheriff. There is a petty offense Courthouse in town tho as well as a small clinic and a small library.
This is mainly all the residents want here. They want nothing to do with the town emerging into anything else than it is right now.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 11,924 times
This is very sad to hear. What happens when all the folks there die out? Seligman will die out also. Is that what they want? Well I guess if a builder buys land there and starts building and people start to move there then they'll have no other choice but to cope with it. When there's a limited amount of people in any given place, gossip becomes prominent, because there's really not much to talk about except from your neighbor. I'm hopeful that this will change. We'll see what happens, or doesn't happen. Meanwhile, keep up the good work you're doing.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:05 PM

7 posts, read 21,189 times
Default Seligman-a good investment??

We just bought some property in Seligman but are now a little anxious after reading some of the blog entries about crack dealers and gun toting cowboys. Did we make a good investment for the future? Anyone know definitively if Wal-Mart is coming to the area? This could be a sign of positive growth. There is a 240 acre parcel of land south west of Williams that builders are (are going to be?) building a gated community called Escalante at Williams Mountain. Anyone know anything about that?

Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Hello,

Nobody around here has even heard of a Walmart coming in around this area. As far as whatever they are planning to build up in Williams, there has been only very little talk on that as well and i hear the "news" that goes around this place each and everyday.

As far as drug dealers and "gun-toting cowboys", that would be a DEFINATE positive, but, of course, who doesnt carry guns out in these types of areas?

Again, if you move here just be careful of who you deal with or become freinds with and especially do not listen or count on too much of the "town talk".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona