Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 07:46 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
so why does the whole Country, the whole World have to hate LeBron? why do they feel they have a right to hate him when it should be Cleveland only?
As I believe I said earlier, it was a 'me too' domino effect. 'Hating' on Lebron became the 'thing' to do. Remember the 'Scottie Pippen' chants when he returned to Cleveland( newsflash; calling someone Scottie Pippen is a COMPLIMENT)? I heard about that idea on quite a few basketball blogs prior to the actual game. Never underestimate the herd mentality.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
As I believe I said earlier, it was a 'me too' domino effect. 'Hating' on Lebron became the 'thing' to do. Remember the 'Scottie Pippen' chants when he returned to Cleveland( newsflash; calling someone Scottie Pippen is a COMPLIMENT)? I heard about that idea on quite a few basketball blogs prior to the actual game. Never underestimate the herd mentality.....
yeah they believe it is the "cool, popular thing" to do

Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
He's over sold, and under performed.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM

Personally up unto that Game 5 2010 series against Boston, imo he lived up to the hype. The problem is he's at the stage in his career where people are now looking at him in a historical context, and until he starts delivering titles he's going to be overrated from here on out when you start using him and Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc in the same paragraph.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
I may have said this earlier but deep down when people truly sort out their feelings on this subject. People will slowly forget the way he left- especially when he wins a title- and I think it will happen soon. Of course, Cleveland fans will not forget this....but everyone else...

The major issue that will never resolved- is this dream team mentality- can't beat'em then join up with other great players to win a title. Jordan would never do it. He was a true competitor. Nike has put Lebron on a Jordanesque level- and Lebron has played along.

Now Lebron justifies his actions by claiming the league should reduce the number of teams- so his actions don't look as bad. You know deep down the past basketball greats feel the same. Malone and Stockton didn't chase a ring in Houston or Chicago.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
I hope LeBron finally gets the monkey off his back

Old 09-23-2011, 08:35 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,139,943 times
When Malone did ring chase at the end with the Lakers, and it looked like the Lakers were the freaking all star team, they still didn't win. Just goes to show a stacked roster doesn't always pull in the title.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
so why does the whole Country, the whole World have to hate LeBron? why do they feel they have a right to hate him when it should be Cleveland only?
I think The Decision debacle epitomized how the majority of sports fans feel about the modern pro athlete: self-centered, egomaniacal, overpaid and putting himself before the team, or the sport.
I personally don't blame LeBrown entirely; all his life he's been told he's the best, and has been surrounded by enablers, with noone to keep him grounded. I think he's genuinely a nice guy, who's had his head gassed up by everyone he meets (from his classless mother to his celebrity entourage) to believe he can act without consequence.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

I personally don't blame LeBrown entirely; all his life he's been told he's the best, and has been surrounded by enablers, with noone to keep him grounded.
Indeed. Lebron's been told he was the next Jordan since high school. He was given a 90 million contract by Nike before he played a single NBA game. His high school games were televised on ESPN. How does one become grounded with all that worship heaped upon at such a tender age? The only thing Lebron needs to do now, is play basketball. Let your game speak for you.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Lebum is a a great talent and a traitor, prima donna and has yet to deliver when it counted outside of that one game vs Detroit. His fans also seem to be "slow" and not very good at understanding basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball