U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 AM
 
1,080 posts, read 827,269 times
Reputation: 1201

Advertisements

^^^I agree, top 3 of the best today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2011, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,800 posts, read 6,576,946 times
Reputation: 4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Again, so overrated that he leads the team in about every stat category.

Seriously, the facts back up that he is the best out there. He averages almost a triple double. The season is over. Get over the hate. You almost think this guy is named Osama.
You can look at individual statistics all you want but without championship rings on those fingers, there just cannot be any comparison to the greats who have. Championships matter. They always will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,324,484 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Again, so overrated that he leads the team in about every stat category.

Seriously, the facts back up that he is the best out there. He averages almost a triple double. The season is over. Get over the hate. You almost think this guy is named Osama.
Actually he doesn't.

Just because he's a stat-padder doesn't make him the "best" out there. The best right now is the guy with the MVP trophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,945,828 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Actually he doesn't.

Just because he's a stat-padder doesn't make him the "best" out there. The best right now is the guy with the MVP trophy.
Derrick Rose is a good player no doubt but completely overrated. He isn't even the best player at his position. Note the only reason he got it was because he was the best player on the team with the most wins. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04
You can look at individual statistics all you want but without championship rings on those fingers, there just cannot be any comparison to the greats who have. Championships matter. They always will.
Don't worry Lebron will have one before he retires. He is only 26... plenty of years left barring any true injury.

Championships matter to a degree. But it still doesn't discredit players who didn't earn one like Stockton, Malone, Miller, Barkley, etc. Championships are about the TEAM not the PLAYER. It just means the PLAYERS that earned one had good/great TEAMMATES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,324,484 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Derrick Rose is a good player no doubt but completely overrated. He isn't even the best player at his position. Note the only reason he got it was because he was the best player on the team with the most wins. End of story.



Don't worry Lebron will have one before he retires. He is only 26... plenty of years left barring any true injury.

Championships matter to a degree. But it still doesn't discredit players who didn't earn one like Stockton, Malone, Miller, Barkley, etc. Championships are about the TEAM not the PLAYER. It just means the PLAYERS that earned one had good/great TEAMMATES.
I was talking about Dirk.

Rose earned his regular season MVP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,945,828 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I was talking about Dirk.

Rose earned his regular season MVP.
My bad. Postseason MVP is a given; the MVP trophy goes to the winning team. Dirk was the most deserving from that team; thus, his win of the trophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Reputation: 1825
Tomorrow is Lebron James Appreciation Day. Everyone gets to go home 12 minutes early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,945,828 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Tomorrow is Lebron James Appreciation Day. Everyone gets to go home 12 minutes early.
Sorry someone already posted that joke in another one of these 20 plus Lebron threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Sorry someone already posted that joke in another one of these 20 plus Lebron threads.
....and Facebook.

But I gotta say, I lost alot of respect for LeBron in during post game questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Sorry someone already posted that joke in another one of these 20 plus Lebron threads.
Thanks for clearing that up for me bro. Did you also alert the other guy that posted it after I did, or am I special?

<Mod Cut - personal attack>

Last edited by Orangeish; 06-14-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top