Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What's with all these fake Miami Heat fans?
Not a Miami heat fat - no way no how nuuh! Love Lebron though, wherever he goes - Miami, Cleaveland or otherwise....is that cool or is that against some man code??? Look, in today's sports world associating a player with a team, for me at least, is like nailing down Jello - in most cases. Nash on the otherhand is the Suns, he's awesome too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Not a Miami heat fat - no way no how nuuh! Love Lebron though, wherever he goes - Miami, Cleaveland or otherwise....is that cool or is that against some man code??? Look, in today's sports world associating a player with a team, for me at least, is like nailing down Jello - in most cases. Nash on the otherhand is the Suns, he's awesome too.
Nash is fine as long as he doesn't have to guard anyone over the age of 12.

Every year the Suns ran into the Spurs in the playoffs I kept thinking that Nash needed to change the name on the back of his jersey to "Mrs. Tony Parker".

Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,575 times
For a guy who entered the NBA, at what 17 years old, it's understandable he got caught up in all the hype. He's 27 now and truthfully it takes most men this long to really mature. No offense.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nash is fine as long as he doesn't have to guard anyone over the age of 12.

Every year the Suns ran into the Spurs in the playoffs I kept thinking that Nash needed to change the name on the back of his jersey to "Mrs. Tony Parker".
Awwww, mathguy - i'm saddened by the "Mrs. Tony Parker" comment - we all know that high profile relationships never work out

I smell.....Jealousy. One word - Playoff's - which means that Nash was the last one standing against the team that took the title so what does that say about all other pointguards in the NBA??? At least he went out and did his best - one guy can only do so much ya know. Plus, it wasn't Parker's game - he's a chump, it was Duncan - the guys a beast. Even Ginobili is more of a competator than parker.

Last edited by lola8822; 06-22-2012 at 01:41 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Awwww, mathguy - i'm saddened by the "Mrs. Tony Parker" comment - we all know that high profile relationships never work out

I smell.....Jealousy. One word - Playoff's - which means that Nash was the last one standing against the team that took the title so what does that say about all other pointguards in the NBA??? At least he went out and did his best - one guy can only do so much ya know. Plus, it wasn't Parker's game - he's a chump, it was Duncan - the guys a beast. Even Ginobili is more of a competator than parker.
Covered this in a thread here a while back. Every time they'd run into the Suns they'd feed the ball to parker. His attempts, FG% and points would all go up.

I will try to find the thread and bump it.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
We can move on from rooting for the other team to beat the Heat. Although, I would say he needs to win 2-3 titles after the not 1 not 2 not 3...comment.

I honestly hope he stays in Miami and doesn't pull the win one for Cleveland mentality a few years from now and wants to come back. He was quoted in an article 3 or 4 months ago regretting the decisions and acting like he may join back down the road. Ship has sailed IMO.

I'd rather build a team around Kyrie Irving and do the Thunder blueprint with a little luck of course. Draft another future star next week and the year after and then take on the Lebron led Heat in a few years.
Oh whatever...the hot chick dumped you guys, all she has to do is show you a little "cleavage" and you beg her to come back. I would NEVER turn down James if he wanted to come back to my town.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
So you really lack the reading comprehension skills to reduce that to anything better or more nuanced than "they hate him because he's black". It's more along the lines of them having an extreme reaction to some somewhat annoying aspects in a manner that they probably would not have were the athlete in question white. I mean really, if the documented racial disparities in opinion polling are there, why is LeBron so much more "obviously" hate-able to whites than blacks? What makes him so much worse than John Elway holding teams hostage to cheat the draft system?
lol u really asking why lebron is more 'hate-able' to whites than blacks?
why were cops more feared in l.a by blacks than by whites in the 80s and 90s
why is the u.s government more hated by middle eastern countries than by americans
why is pacquiao hated more by mexicans than by filipinos

go cry somewhere. people hate lebron because he's been an a**hole, it has nothing to do with him being black. the same reason people hate a-rod. oh wait its because arod is dominican right? omg white people hate a-rod because he's dominican. lol smh

Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Mark Cuban Calls Out Skip Bayless - YouTube

Watch as Mark Cuban takes it to Skip Bayless. Skip's assertions essentially devalue the Dallas title last year.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,140,593 times
So 1 down, 7 to go still. I don't see it happening. Lebron is still pathetic for teaming up with other star players. It's one thing when a guy in the twilight of his career does it to seek that elusive ring.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
So 1 down, 7 to go still. I don't see it happening. Lebron is still pathetic for teaming up with other star players. It's one thing when a guy in the twilight of his career does it to seek that elusive ring.
Enough with this GARBAGE. Please, please name me a championship team that did not have at least three all star caliber players or more than on future hall of famer that has won an NBA championship since 1980. Come on name them?

Bulls: Jordan, Pippen Rodman/Granr
Lakers: Shaq and Kobe o Kobe Gaso/Bynum and Odom.
Spurs: Duncan, Pakers, Ginolbli
Lakers: Worth, Kareem, Magic
Celtics: Bird, Mchale, Parish
Rockets: Hakeem and Clyde
Heat: Wade and Shaq
Mavs: Dirk who was amazing + Kidd, Marion, Chandler it was really just their time
Celtics: Allen, KG, Pierce, Rondo.

Enough with this garbage every championship team has hall of famers and all stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball