Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 01:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Did God "offer" being born in Adam?

Blessings,
brian
Yes, you could say so. All Adam had to do was believe in what God had revealed to him. He chose to believe, but many of his decendants chose to reject the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks
It is used of all mankind universally in a context of sin and judgment (Rom. 3:6, 19; 5:12), but never in a salvation context.

It makes sense that one would have to believe that in order to suite the scriptures to their already predetermined doctrine.
Indeed. Funny Romans 5:12 is mentioned, but apparently the rest of Romans 5 doesn't have a salvation context?

Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

sciotamicks, I truly wish you could see this. But for whatever reason, you are not meant to see it right now. Maybe tomorrow, God willing.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Saved individuals don't send people to hell. False witnesses do.

The rest of your post was meaningless.
But then again... where is your "God chooses who is saved" doctrine? If God does all the choosing does he hold it against someone who is witnessed to falsely? How does that fit in with your many beliefs about God and what God wills?

Digging in deeper I see.. If someone can't cause another to be saved then they surely can't prevent them from being saved either!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
sciotamicks, what you are suggesting is you don't feel consequences for sin because Christ has paid for them.
The consequences of sin are juridically decreed after this life. yes i pay for them physically and emotionally now, but by the blood of Christ, God sees no sin in me, each time I confess them to him. There is no trial by fire after I die.

Quote:
Christ paid for our sins forever. Yet we still reap what we sow.

Or do you not reap what you sow?
Now yes, but after I die. No.

Quote:
sciota, do you still sin?
If yes, do you still suffer consequences of those sins?
Does God desire THELO for you not to sin, does He not want THELO you to sin?

But you do. You usurp His wants, desire and will.

UR is false.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Mankind's soul is not eternal. That is a platonic and stoic philosophy.
Mankind is dead. He is made alive through his faith in Christ.

I really don't care about all the different views of UR, as it is evident it is severely divided on the issues of soteriology. However, from Preterist to Futurist alike, soteriological salvific efforts of Christ, are in complete harmonious agreement.
Where are URs severely divided on the issues of salvation? What are you talking about? We all agree that salvation is a gift from God through Jesus Christ and it can't be earned. Again, you fail UR-101.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Sciotamicks,
UR is from platonism and gnosticism? I don't find gnosticism influence at all, and platonism has "permanently" influenced both Catholicism and Protestantism. I think you need to be more specific..
You know nothing of UR's history do you?

Quote:
Also,
Jesus: "And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."
Sciotamicks: "Jesus will not save the world."

Blessings!
brian
Sciotamicks - Jesus already saved the world, and that world is those who put their faith in Him.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
....of believers. 1 John is a letter to a group of people he discipled. The whole KOSMOS relates only to the context of the of the subject John is concerned with, and that is those that confess in Christ.
Pure nonsense created by sciota and his mentors to twist the doctrine to their preferred exclusivist view by isolating this ONE usage to their unique qualification. There will be a price for this arrogance and deception to maintain the heinous beliefs in a God of human weaknesses (jealousy, anger, vengeance, etc.).
Quote:
In the New Testament Greek text, kosmos occurs about 185 times. It is used some 105 times by the apostle John, 47 times by Paul and 33 times by other writers. With the use of a concordance, it is readily observed that kosmos is never used by Paul or the other writers to mean all mankind generically in a salvation context unless John's usage is the exception. It is used of all mankind universally in a context of sin and judgment (Rom. 3:6, 19; 5:12), but never in a salvation context.
Nice try, but you are incorrect.
Utterly illogical and irrational . . . Crappy try . . . at perverting and blaspheming the true nature of our God with your exclusivist nonsense.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Where are URs severely divided on the issues of the salvation? What are you talking about? We all agree that salvation is a gift from God through Jesus Christ and it can't be earned. Again, you fail UR-101.
And most other Christian sects would agree until you get to the whole hell thing.

Why is hell so attractive to some people? I let that doctrine go like a hot potato...

Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
This is the fallacy of your OP. No, Corrective and punitive does not equal payment.

Corrective and punitive is for the purposes of being made righteous, being made perfect.
Christ was already punished for you sin. He took on the punitive decree for that sin. No need for another one. Nice try.

Quote:
Do you believe you are perfect and righteous already sciota? Do you still sin?
In Spirit yes, I have the blood of Christ on me.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Mankind's soul is not eternal. That is a platonic and stoic philosophy.
Mankind is dead. He is made alive through his faith in Christ.

I really don't care about all the different views of UR, as it is evident it is severely divided on the issues of soteriology. However, from Preterist to Futurist alike, soteriological salvific efforts of Christ, are in complete harmonious agreement.
You've got to be joking in your last sentence. If that were true, there would not be over 30,000 different Christian denominations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity