Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times

Advertisements

[quote=kids in america_;23840297]

Quote:
Well the 'Bible' does teaches that 'god' is ultimately the author of "evil" in this world

Does it? Or is it a bad translation?

We know that God is love, love thinketh no evil, and love worketh no evil.

The only scripture that states God created evil is here.

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

However the word create is bara and has an original sense of the word has to do with division, to cut down or cut out.

David prayed create in me a clean heart.

This is in reference to circumcision of the heart.

Circumcision is the cutting away of the foreskin.

God creates by His word.

His word is a double edged sword used for division.

Thus Is.45:7 should read

I form the light, and cut down darkness: I make peace, and cut down evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Does not light cut down darkness? Does not peace cut down evil?

Put that together with what we know about LOVE and you will be able to see the translation I gave is in line with love.

Anyway I have covered this multiple times in those threads, so please read them if you are interested in seeing God from a different view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It says that they won't be charged according to laws of Moses, but it does not mean they won't be charged at all. They will be charged according to the laws which governed at pre-Moses times.
It still says sin was in the world BEFORE the law, but not imputed.

So if there was laws pre-moses sin was in the world but not imputed unto men.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
It still says sin was in the world BEFORE the law, but not imputed.

So if there was laws pre-moses sin was in the world but not imputed unto men.
If that's how you see it, then so be it, but I believe what I said earlier. I think it goes hand in hand with the "punished with few stripes, and punished with many stripes" parable, which explains their punishement will depend on what they knew about God's desires. Pre-Moses people will not be punished according to Moses law, but according to what they knew back them, but it certainly does not mean they will not be punished at all.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
If that's how you see it, then so be it, but I believe what I said earlier. I think it goes hand in hand with the "punished with few stripes, and punished with many stripes" parable, which explains their punishement will depend on what they knew about God's desires. Pre-Moses people will not be punished according to Moses law, but according to what they knew back them, but it certainly does not mean they will not be punished at all.

Fin I think you missed the point, it is not about punishment, it is about when sin is said to be in the world.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Fin I think you missed the point, it is not about punishment, it is about when sin is said to be in the world.
The time when sin entered the world is clear (Adam). As you can see I was only responding to Rom 5:13 which you posted earlier.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:36 PM

698 posts, read 647,827 times
[quote=pneuma;23844975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post

Does it? Or is it a bad translation?

We know that God is love, love thinketh no evil, and love worketh no evil.

The only scripture that states God created evil is here.

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

However the word create is bara and has an original sense of the word has to do with division, to cut down or cut out.

David prayed create in me a clean heart.

This is in reference to circumcision of the heart.

Circumcision is the cutting away of the foreskin.

God creates by His word.

His word is a double edged sword used for division.

Thus Is.45:7 should read

I form the light, and cut down darkness: I make peace, and cut down evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Does not light cut down darkness? Does not peace cut down evil?

Put that together with what we know about LOVE and you will be able to see the translation I gave is in line with love.

Anyway I have covered this multiple times in those threads, so please read them if you are interested in seeing God from a different view.
Quote:
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men
of Shechem ; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with
Abimelech: Judges 9:23 KJV
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul , and an evil spirit
from the LORD troubled him. 1Samuel 16:14 KJV
And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul , as he sat in
his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his
hand. 1Samuel 19:9 KJV
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the
mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil
concerning thee. 1Kings 22:23 KJV
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the
mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil
against thee. 2Chronicles 18:22 KJV
"I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace [good], and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (Isa. 45:7).

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?" (Lam 3:38).

" ... an experience of evil hath God given to the sons of man to humble him thereby" (Ecc. 1:13).

" ... I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives..." (II Sam. 12:11).

"That which is molded will not protest to the molder, 'Why do you make me thus?' Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet, one for dishonor?" (Rom. 9:19-25).

" ... I have created the waster to destroy." (Isa. 54:16).

"The LORD hath made all things for Himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil." (Prov. 16:4).

" ... I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction." (Jer. 4:6).

" ... Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people ... " (Jer. 6:19).

"And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets." " ... And He [God] said, ... go forth, and do so." (I Kg. 22:22).

"He [God] turned their heart to hate his people ... " (Psa. 105:25).

" ... Thus said the Lord; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you ... " (Jer. 18:11).

" ... For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all." (Rom. 11:32).

"O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear?" (Isa. 63:17).

" ... so shall the Lord bring upon you all evil things, until He have destroyed you from off this good land ... " (Josh. 23:15).

" ... shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?" (Am. 3:6).

"For whom the Lord is loving He is disciplining, Yet He is scourging ever son to whom He is assenting" (Heb. 12:5).

"By His spirit He hath garnished the heavens; His hand hath formed the Crooked serpent" (Job 26:14). "And the great dragon was cast out, the Ancient serpent called Adversary and Satan ... " (Rev. 12:9).

"Yet he who is doing sin is of the Adversary, for from the beginning is the Adversary sinning." (I Jn 3:8).

"What? shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips." (Job 2:10, see 42:7).

"Thus saith the Lord of hosts ... go and smite Amalek ... destroy ... slay both man and woman, infant and suckling ... " (I Sam. 15:2-3).

" ... God will be sending them an operation of deception for them to believe the falsehood ... " (II The. 2:11-12).
The above verses prove that ‘god’ not only created “evil”, but that ‘he’, ‘himself’, is responsible for it. An “evil spirit” or lying spirit, when found in the 'bible' , always comes from ‘God’. You are just wedded to the idea that “God is love, love thinketh no evil, and love worketh no evil.” Why is there the need for this? Moreover, who are you to tell ‘God’ what he may think or may not do? The ‘bible’ clearly teaches that when there is “evil” in a city, then the Lord has surely done it (See again Am. 3:7). People just struggle in accepting that a ‘God’ of “love” created and brought about “evil” in this world. Hence, the reason why the popular concept of Satan was created and developed was in order to some how to protect ‘God’ from the origin of "evil". Also, the threads you linked here, I participated in them all ready.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Well Adam and Eve, the people of Noah's day, S & G, etc. will all be happy to know that their sins where not imputed unto them and that God's judgment for their sins was an error on Gods part.
no. the verses in Romans show that Adam's sin was imputed to them as members of his body.

Where there was no law there is no imput of that law.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
The time when sin entered the world is clear (Adam). As you can see I was only responding to Rom 5:13 which you posted earlier.
Who was created first Fin Adam or satan?

Who sinned first, Adam or satan?

Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 AM

[quote=kids in america_;23850148]
Quote:
The above verses prove that ‘god’ not only created “evil”, but that ‘he’, ‘himself’, is responsible for it. An “evil spirit” or lying spirit, when found in the 'bible' , always comes from ‘God’. You are just wedded to the idea that “God is love, love thinketh no evil, and love worketh no evil.” Why is there the need for this? Moreover, who are you to tell ‘God’ what he may think or may not do? The ‘bible’ clearly teaches that when there is “evil” in a city, then the Lord has surely done it (See again Am. 3:7). People just struggle in accepting that a ‘God’ of “love” created and brought about “evil” in this world. Hence, the reason why the popular concept of Satan was created and developed was in order to some how to protect ‘God’ from the origin of "evil". Also, the threads you linked here, I participated in them all ready.
Well if you want to follow those who were under a vail of ignorace about the Father instead of listening to Jesus be my guest. However Jesus came to reveal the Father, so why do you suppose He had to do this? Because His own people did not know the Father, they did both good and evil so they believed that God did both good and evil and wrote after that fashion. Man always make God in their own image instead of letting God make man in His own image.

You ask Why is there a need for God is love, love thinketh no evil, love worketh no evil? it should be self evident, but I guesss not.

Believe what you will, just don't expect me to shallow that God is of an evil heart, for out of the aboundace of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
no. the verses in Romans show that Adam's sin was imputed to them as members of his body.

Where there was no law there is no imput of that law.
That would mean then that up until the days of Moses (if that is the law being spoken of, it ain't) no sin was imputed unto man.

Thus defeating your own belief that we all inherit Adams sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity