Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber, will those people that are not saved be able to sin?
I am not following you. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not following you. Sorry.
Ok, I'll ask another way.

After judgement when all the wicked are sentenced, will they be able to continue to sin for the rest of eternity?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
"As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." John 17.2

The Father has placed all flesh in Jesus' hands. And He won't lose even one that the Father has given him.

Read Romans 5.12-21. Paul lays it all out very clearly. Adam's sin: condemnation for all. Jesus' obedience: justification for all.
Jesus is the "new" Adam.

Even if you or anyone else don't like it.

Blessings,
brian
Brian,

John 17:2 is part of Jesus' prayer for his disciples (disciples as in those who were following Jesus' ministry) John 17:1-18

Then Jesus expands in his prayer for all believers who hear the spoken message not for all people that ever lived... John 17:20
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
Take scripture in totality and ..........Universalism is not of God .... "it has failed" --- Jesus

Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, have turned the other cheek as to why no reply to your request !! A lot of times no answer (arguing) and walking away is loving you BHFT, whether you realize it or not !!!
That is a very weak reply, and I personally think it's very sad because you seem to be afraid to question the doctrine you've been taught. It's not an unreasonable thing to wonder why God (or anyone else for that matter) would tell someone to turn the other cheek, forgive, love their enemies, but then set their own enemies on fire. I don't see why you would not want to clarify that with God and clear up the reason for Him requiring more love, mercy, and forgiveness from us than He does of Himself. "Be ye perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect." What does that mean if He burns people?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That is a very weak reply, and I personally think it's very sad because you seem to be afraid to question the doctrine you've been taught. It's not an unreasonable thing to wonder why God (or anyone else for that matter) would tell someone to turn the other cheek, forgive, love their enemies, but then set their own enemies on fire. I don't see why you would not want to clarify that with God and clear up the reason for Him requiring more love, mercy, and forgiveness from us than He does of Himself. "Be ye perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect." What does that mean if He burns people?
Listen to yourself..... ? Your looking for an argument and I won't go there with you.... !
Have a nice day !!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Listen to yourself..... ? Your looking for an argument and I won't go there with you.... !
Have a nice day !!
It is clearly bait-post, and best left ignored.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is clearly bait-post, and best left ignored.

I figured that out long ago with a few of them !! They troll this forum just to argue with people.... period !!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

I figured that out long ago with a few of them !! They troll this forum just to argue with people.... period !!
Disagreeing with ET is arguing with you ? Sigh.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Disagreeing with ET is arguing with you ? Sigh.
No, actually the reality is people are arguing with God !!

Have a nice day !!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
No, actually the reality is people are arguing with God !!

Have a nice day !!
For thinking it's reasonable to believe that if Jesus taught us to love our enemies, to be merciful that we are shown mercy that,he himself and His Father(God) who told him to teach this do and are the same thing they teach, and when we are being these things we are actually showing we are the children of the Most High God.

What differences does it make to God if we didn't love our enemies, show mercy, and retaliate towards those who spitefully are against us, if he doesn't ?.

I think you know deep in your heart Cyber that God IS how He calls us to BE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity