Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Love is extended to all humanity, and those who believe in Jesus are saved. If you reject the love and salvation, then you have only yourself to blame.
You may not realize it but you are challenging God and putting Him on trial when you demand that He should save those who hate Him.
Finn, are you thinking straight, or are you a bit confused?
Because demanding that God burn or torture mankind, those whom are loved for not believing "in" him – is beyond the point of no return.
It’s a crooked and broad path you walk, leading to your own destruction, not mine.

"This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

Nowhere in the living word does it call for us to believe in him.
It is not a matter of believing in him, it’s one of believing him; but you will need to listen to his voice, not that of your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:24 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
God's Divine purpose is for us to have His Word. True, there are translation issues and things of that nature; but we have study tools and things to research and examine the Greek and Hebrew.

But the real issue is with regard to being led or guided by the Spirit, or being led by Love. How do we get to that place where this can happen? Do we simply trust our feelings? How do we even know who God is without learning it from the Bible? We wouldn't even know about the name "God" or "Christ" if we didn't first hear it from the Bible (though history verifies many things about Jesus...but that came afterward).

The Bible says we are to be led by the Spirit. But can there be any other manifestation of this apart from what we read in the Bible?

Let's not break our necks coming up with reasons to try and discredit the Bible. Most people do this in an attempt to convince themselves that they need not take heed to what the Bible declares about us and our need or salvation.

But this will do us no good. We have an ironclad promise that if we cry out to God for mercy and repent, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, rather than in ourselves, to be made right with God... that we will, indeed, be saved.

We need to be serious about this.
You FOLLOW the explicit instructions of Jesus...which stated that we should SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD WHICH IS FOUND WITHIN US. It's not brain surgery and quite simple if one actually seeks to follow the instructions we were given...this is how one can then be led by the Spirit.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:26 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL. Look who is talking.

OK, if you are not willing to present the evidence to back up your claims, then the conversation is over.

I believe the conversation was over many posts ago.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Finn, are you thinking straight, or are you a bit confused?
Straight, thanks for asking. You?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM

537 posts, read 457,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You FOLLOW the explicit instructions of Jesus...which stated that we should SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD WHICH IS FOUND WITHIN US. It's not brain surgery and quite simple if one actually seeks to follow the instructions we were given...this is how one can then be led by the Spirit.
That's fine. But we know that this cannot happen until God first saves us. Then the kingdom of God will be within us. Then we can be led by the Spirit.

But faith still comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
That's fine. But we know that this cannot happen until God first saves us. Then the kingdom of God will be within us. Then we can be led by the Spirit.

But faith still comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Amen....
God is faithful and His Holy Spirit through the power of His precious word will lead the individuals heart..... creating in them the "faith" to believe which then produces a heart desire of complete surrender, loyalty, trust, and love for God..... and that life will hunger to bow before God in reverence, honoring Him in all obedience to what He commands for the purpose and will of that life.....
For we know through reading and hearing the word of God, God seeks for those who are hungry and thirst to worship Him in spirit and truth.... amen !!

Old 09-05-2011, 01:34 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen....
God is faithful and His Holy Spirit through the power of His precious word will lead the individuals heart..... creating in them the "faith" to believe which then produces a heart desire of complete surrender, loyalty, trust, and love for God..... and that life will hunger to bow before God in reverence, honoring Him in all obedience to what He commands for the purpose and will of that life.....
For we know through reading and hearing the word of God, God seeks for those who are hungry and thirst to worship Him in spirit and truth.... amen !!
The Lake of Fire.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Lake of Fire.
Constituo obvious ambiguously ...

Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That was the point that Jesus made on several occasions.

Once it was to those who didn't understand nor believed in correctly in him:
"I [Jesus] tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death. At this the Jews exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?” John 8:51-53

the other occasion was to a believer:
"whoever lives and believes in me [Jesus] will never die. Do you believe this?”... “Yes, Lord,” she told him John 11:25-27

Same statement from Jesus...two very different responses.

People who hate the truth, question the truth.

People who hate Jesus produce accusational questions and human reason to reject the truth
Been reading along and all I can say is "WOW", God is sure showing the bold to me through this thread, Twin.spin..... especially giving discernment in how the apostasy is happening right before our eyes.... we are getting so much closer to Christ' coming !!

There are so many counterfeit gospels and counterfeit Jesus' now days !!
God is turning away and withdrawing His Spirit from this earth and giving man over to the desires of their heart to be their own god, and handing them to the lawlessness, the defiance against Him more and more.... the evidence can be read right here in this forum..... the heart is growing cold and colder !!

Sometimes it is really heart breaking and difficult to read the spite, disdainful hate toward God, His truth, and His people. Yet, Jesus warned this was to be expected and would be in the heart of men before His return !!
I was pondering about all this today and I am so thankful for His Holy Spirit who will keep the believing, seeking heart faithful and close to God's heart, enduring to the end !!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 AM

537 posts, read 457,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Been reading along and all I can say is "WOW", God is sure showing the bold to me through this thread, Twin.spin..... especially giving discernment in how the apostasy is happening right before our eyes.... we are getting so much closer to Christ' coming !!

There are so many counterfeit gospels and counterfeit Jesus' now days !!
God is turning away and withdrawing His Spirit from this earth and giving man over to the desires of their heart to be their own god, and handing them to the lawlessness, the defiance against Him more and more.... the evidence can be read right here in this forum..... the heart is growing cold and colder !!

Sometimes it is really heart breaking and difficult to read the spite, disdainful hate toward God, His truth, and His people. Yet, Jesus warned this was to be expected and would be in the heart of men before His return !!
I was pondering about all this today and I am so thankful for His Holy Spirit who will keep the believing, seeking heart faithful and close to God's heart, enduring to the end !!
Rom 1:18-19

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

2 Tim 4:3-5

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

I thought I would start this posting with just a few verses. Except for some people not wanting to hear about their egos, I can't really see anything about the UR presentation of the Gospel that would offend anyone.

But the biblical Gospel has many haters.The Gospel of the Bible tells us that we cannot stand in the presence of a Holy God because of our sin. And unless we have a Savior (the only Savior) we have no hope for eternity.

I can see people wanting to do a messenger even physical harm over being told something like this. Yes, it still culminates in a message of God's love, in that He sent a Savior to us in spite of our sin.

It is only after I come face-to-face with the reality of my sin and the fact that, as a result, I am in deep trouble with God, does the fact of God's love really hit home with me.

Here, I deserve to pay the consequences for breaking the law of a Holy God (there is always a penalty for breaking the law). Instead, in His utmost desire to save a people for Himself, He sent His Son to bear my sins so that I can stand justified before this Holy God, and be able to call Him, "Father".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity