Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Saves you from what ? Faith in Christ is what we Live by .

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Neither saying you are Christian is of any value if our faith is not expressing itself through love.
what is "in Christ"? Define that, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
what is "in Christ"?
I said faith in Christ, faith in Christ is living by the reality of Christ in you.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
OK? I'd like to know if that is what he was saying. Remember though--the fruit is not what saves us. Our faith in Christ is what saves us. The fruit merely tells us what the faith is.
Saves us from what?, please define it.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I said faith in Christ, faith in Christ is living by the reality of Christ in you.
You're speaking in a really vague way. Let me try to pin this down. If you have faith in Christ, then you have Christ "in you" and you go to heaven because you love with Christ's love?

Quote:
Saves us from what?, please define it.
The wrath of God. He's going to cast sinners into hell.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
You're speaking in a really vague way. Let me try to pin this down. If you have faith in Christ, then you have Christ "in you" and you go to heaven because you love with Christ's love?

The wrath of God. He's going to cast sinners into hell.
I am speaking clearly, you just don't understand what I am saying.

Can you provide 1 scripture where it says "we are saved from hell"?.

Christ is already in you. Man is the dwelling place of God, but he doesn't know this because of the way he's been brought up, either in unbelief or by the teachings and traditions of men.

In Christ is where mankind is and where man is resurrected in newness of Life

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I am speaking clearly, you just don't understand what I am saying.

I said we are saved from the wrath of God.
Quote:

Christ is already in you. Man is the dwelling place of God, but he doesn't know this because of the way he's been brought up, either in unbelief or by the teachings and traditions of men.
Scripture, please. Jesus said that the default state is to be a child of the devil.
Quote:
In Christ is where mankind is and where man is resurrected in newness of Life
No..not really.
Quote:
Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive.
Thost that trust in Christ shall be made alive, yes. The rest are children of the devil.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

If you believe this refers to "going to heaven", that's fine with me. I have no problem with you believing that. But I don't necessarily believe that "going to heaven" or, as this passages actually says, "so shall we ever be with the Lord", means the same thing you do. But again, I don't need to hash that out with you because to reiterate: The main point I was addressing is that I do not see "rejecting Christ" in the same way that you do. I believe Christ who is LOVE is in us and is always working to manifest through us. When love is not being manifested through us, those are the times that we are rejecting Christ.
and i will be completely baffled at your thinking.

People who openly reject any form of Godliness can still love. They have children, care for them and so forth. You can pretend that isn't true and that's fine. We are all created in Gods image.

You keep referring to Christ being in "us"... who is that? everyone? or just Christians?

Your thinking is so very vague and clearly not biblical.

I think I gathered enough information.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,857 times
Quote:

20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death – the lake of fire. 15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, that person was thrown into the lake of fire.

Close enough?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death – the lake of fire. 15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, that person was thrown into the lake of fire.

Close enough?
No where close enough. You just think hell is the lake of fire.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
So if I reject Christ and Love Allah will I go to heaven?
Eventually we will all be one.

Funny, the other day it finally hit me what the saying means, "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin" -- I always kind of glossed over that and never gave it much thought. But I was thinking the other day about the law of polarity and how there could not be "this" if there was not "that" to contrast it -- i.e. no left would mean no right. No up - would mean down does not exist. Then I thought about how can we all be at the same place - spiritually - and I thought - we are not (yet), but the Word says we will all be ONE in Christ. So then how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? And what is heaven? Heaven is harmony and peace with no violence or opposition and no suffering. That is where we are headed. If we are not headed to that one place in Christ where all the opposes has been put under his feet, then life would have to be pointless, IMO.

Thanks for the conversation. Most posters here ignore my comments, so it's nice to have someone speak to me for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity