Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 09:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times

Advertisements

Following Jesus and believing in Him is doing the works of God as He did. That is what saves.

We must work the works of Him who sent me.

The Lord says this;

"Keep the ways of the Lord by doing what is right and just."

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."

"The man who loves me keeps my word"

"I know Him and I keep His word."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I remain flabbergasted that some modern Christians, who claim the bible is inerrant, seek out every loophole to excuse themselves from what Jesus himself said - be right with God. Be right with your neighbor. Eternal life is yours.
I don't think anyone has tried to "excuse themselves from it". They are simply showing you what the Bible says about how people are saved.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When we stand before God to be judged, He isn't going to put your sins on one side of the scale and your good works on the other and then see which one weighs the most. He's going to look at your heart, at your commitment.
What happens to those born again believers who did not have enough works, or who were not committed enough?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:44 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What happens to those born again believers who did not have enough works, or who were not committed enough?
There is no such thing as not enough works. As for the rest, we will all have an opportunity to grow in love and knowledge.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It would seem to be an indicator that he's a false convert. Sometimes things aren't as they seem...but it's an indicator.
Maybe. There are also those who do the works just for the appearance. There are even people who make a profession out of "working for God", but have never been saved.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
who decided? you?

WARNING, dot not read if you love dogs and babies. ADULT CONTENT!.

Think of a dog. It is attacking a baby and its mother. Judge that dog while a mother clutches the bady as the leg is ripped off. God looks at you about the same. The truth and how we feel about it may be two different things. Put the dog down with as little of hate as possible.

sorry for the intensity, but "more valid" answers hold up under more conditions.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:49 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,405 times
These are some of my personal fundamental beliefs about being able to stand before the Lord with confidence at the last and final judgment:
I believe that it is the will of God that all should be saved. I believe that God, in His omniscience knows the heart of every person on this earth who is truly hungering and thirsting after righteousness, as Cornelius was doing in Acts chapter 10. And in His omnipotence He is able to bring all who obey the commandments of Christ into His fold. [See Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.]
Jesus said He did not come to the earth to condemn anybody, but to save all who truly believe on Him as the Son of God. Every one on the earth is already condemned if they have not truly repented of their past sins and been forgiven by our Savior.
Jesus said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
[We are saved by grace, not by any of our natural good works, but by the works of the Holy Spirit which we can receive as a free gift if we are fullly committed to obeying our Savior and have begged Him to give us that Spirit. In our natural state it is impossible for us to keep all the commandments of Christ, but if we have received the Holy Spirit, it has been doing the works in and through us, so we have nothing of ourselves of which we can boast.
Just before He returned to be at the right hand of His Father, Christ said in Matt. 28:[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
I believe we must be willing to forgive our brothers and sisters if we are to be forgiven.
I strongly recommend that anybody who wants to be sure they will to be able to stand blameless when they stand in the presence of the Lord at the last and final day of judgment that they consider the words of Bro. Mike McGee, our elder, who reminded us to take heed to the words of Christ to the Laodiceans in Chapter 3 of Revelations that He is standing at the door knocking and that if we ask Him in true repentance that He will give us the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, and that if we will nurture that Spirit for the remainder of our lives we will enter the kingdom of heaven. [Jesus said in Matt. 7: [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
who decided? you?
No, not me.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:55 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
What makes you think they were believers at all? I'd say they probably weren't. At any rate, I believe they'll be "saved" (i.e. resurrected and welcomed into Heaven). I just believe that when Jesus Christ rewards every man according to his works, He'll look at these lip-service Christians and will ask them why they failed to keep His commandments if they claimed to love Him so much.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,405 times
I started 2 new threads today:

1. If I hold grudges, is this a sign that I never received the Holy Spirit?
2. Can we enter the kingdom of heaven if we are not committed to doing the will of god?

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 03-12-2015 at 06:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity