Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 12:02 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What kind of activity? Answer: Sexual activity

DUH!!!!!

Consider yourself edified Mensaguy

A highly recommended site:

Google

A description can be found in Leviticus 20:13. Very simple:
"a man lie with mankind, as with womankind"
"if a man shall join himself with a male as with a woman"
"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman"
"a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman"

And no, it does not say "on the temple altar", or "Home Depot bathroom".

There are enough posters playing these games here, but now even the mods are into it.

Many posters have discussed different verses regarding the issue on this very thread, but you said you are not going to read the thread. Instead, you jump in to pester people to answer them again just for you.
Just to be clear, does that mean anal sex between men? I don't know why you can't seem to answer a simple question with a plain, unambiguous answer.

If that is what you mean, you should be aware that the majority of gay men do not engage in that activity, it is quite uncommon among lesbian women, and approximately 60% of American heterosexual couple DO engage in it.

In light of that information, why are you condemning homosexuals again? With that 60% figure in mind, do you ask the couples at your church if they do that? Without asking, you have to assume that ~60& of them do. Are you condemning them too?

Let me make this clear. I'm not playing any games. I asked you a couple of questions, which you obviously avoided answering. Moderator or not, I have every bit as much right to post in these forums as anybody else does. We make it clear, by using red text, when we need to post in our roles as moderators.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
No, I do not have to tell you something that everyone already knows. If you don't know, or are too lazy to google, or look in the Bible what is considered sinful, then you'll have to continue with you life wondering about it. And yes, you can be gay or straight and not engage in the activities in question.

Adultery is described as sinful in the Bible. You can ask a married person if he/she engages in adultery, and if they say no, then should that mean adultery is not sinful? Obviously not. It means the person you asked it not engaging in it.
The scriptures are about righteousness not sin, only a condemned conscience sees it otherwise. God is not pointing sin or whatever you assume is sin out to anyone, he's pointing to his son, the son who is the reality of the true identity of all mankind. Thank God folk throughout the world are waking up to this reality and shedding their outward skin of a form of godliness called bible fundamentalism.

The Jews walked around with their phylacteries not realizing God could see straight through their white washed tomb exterior. It's a similar thing today, rather than wearing bibles, they make a lot of noise about believing the bible. Jesus is not impressed, and never will be until you show the same mercy and forgiveness you sought (not sure whether you found it)

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Last edited by pcamps; 09-28-2018 at 12:20 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 12:06 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Here's the question he was asked.

It only requires a Yes or No answer.

Do you want to answer for him?
Nah...I'm sure you can do your own research.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
You'll have to tell me which homosexual activity you consider sinful.
Quote:
Finn: No, I do not have to tell you something that everyone already knows.
If you don't know, or are too lazy to google...
Let me get clear here...we can actually google which gay activity Finn considers sinful? His considerations are on google?
But, apparently, we all already know?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, does that mean anal sex between men? I don't know why you can't seem to answer a simple question with a plain, unambiguous answer.
Seriously?

Sexual activity of any kind between two men.

Quote:
If that is what you mean, you should be aware that the majority of gay men do not engage in that activity, it is quite uncommon among lesbian women, and approximately 60% of American heterosexual couple DO engage in it.
Read again what I wrote yesterday, and today. I specifically said you can be gay and not engage. Some marry opposite sex. No problem there.

Quote:
In light of that information, why are you condemning homosexuals again? With that 60% figure in mind, do you ask the couples at your church if they do that? Without asking, you have to assume that ~60& of them do. Are you condemning them too?
I am not condemning them, or anyone else, but then again I have already said that.

I won't waste my time with you again. Clearly you argue only for the sake of arguing, and don't even read the answers you demand from others.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-28-2018 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Let me get clear here...we can actually google which gay activity Finn considers sinful? His considerations are on google?
But, apparently, we all already know?
Seems like everyone is sinking to the same level here.

The bottom is near.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Seriously?

Sexual activity of any kind between two men.

Read again what I wrote yesterday, and today. I specifically said you can be gay and not engage. Some marry opposite sex. No problem there.

I am not condemning them, or anyone else, but then again I have already said that.

I won't waste my time with you again. Clearly you argue only for the sake of arguing, and don't even read the answers you demand from others.

Mr. Twister doing what he does for all to see.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
I still haven't seen anybody post a Bible verse that condemns Bob and Jim for falling in love and living in a committed relationship.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
I still haven't seen anybody post a Bible verse that condemns Bob and Jim for falling in love and living in a committed relationship.

But there's some pretty hot stuff about David and Jonathan and Ruth and Naomi. Funny that's rarely mentioned by fundies.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Well, in spite of the lack of specific references, Finn has come up with the only answer that covers his perception: ANY sexual acts between partners of the same sex. I'd have to say that is probably representative of conservative/fundamentalist perceptions. The question then becomes one of why such should be considered "sin" and of course the answer would be because of an arbitrary prohibition deduced by extension.

I don't believe God makes arbitrary rules for His creation. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity