Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 08:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They loved each other like brothers and/or very close friends. It was "philia" type of love, not "eros", so there there was no sexual element involved.
I am pretty sure he was referring to the feelings of a woman. Don't you bible fundamentalist believe love(agape) is not a feeling?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
They loved each other like brothers and/or very close friends. It was "philia" type of love, not "eros", so there there was no sexual element involved.
Prove it. The words speak for themselves. They were crazy about each other.

LOL. There are none so blind as the self-blind.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
How about you quote some examples of these "aspersions", so we know what you are referring to. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, you're using your Bible to be quite vocal about how God - and therefore you - feel about homosexual people, are you not? So, if you really believe your Bible and you really believe that homosexuals are an abomination according to your Bible, that would qualify as 'an aspersion', wouldn't it? But, maybe I'm using the wrong word.
Ok, so you looked, and could not find a single post where I displayed "aspersions" toward gays.

Glad we got that cleared away.

You attack me because of what the Bible says, which is precisely what Jesus said when he told his followers that the world will hate them for their beliefs.

Quote:
Actually, 'aspersion' is a mild term to use by someone who is on the receiving end of, "You know what? You are an abomination." It's downright abhorrent!
There you go again. I asked you to quote me saying such things, and you could not find a single one.

You attack me, and falsely accuse me of saying things I never said, because you cannot tolerate what the Bible teaches, and you cannot tolerate me, because I believe what it says. Your behavior practically defines the word "bigot".

Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Keep your anger and hate to yourself, or leave it at the cross. Up to you.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Prove it. The words speak for themselves. They were crazy about each other.

LOL. There are none so blind as the self-blind.
I am afraid the burden of proof is on you, if you claim they had a sexual relationship. The Bible gives not even hint such thing.

Davids sexual attraction for women, in the other hand, is well recorded.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
I am afraid the burden of proof is on you, if you claim they had a sexual relationship. The Bible gives not even hint such thing.

That was because it was another man's wife .

Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:

bi-sexual..that"s the B in LGBTQ...

Sexing a female is not proof of heterosexuality..

So David was a male *****?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
the bible says otherwise..it was a LOVE greater than a woman...

Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
bi-sexual..that"s the B in LGBTQ...

Sexing a female is not proof of heterosexuality..

So David was a male *****?
That is what you say, but the Bible does not say there was any kind of sexual element in their relationship. It was a textbook example of "philo" love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
the bible says otherwise..it was a LOVE greater than a woman...
It was a textbook example of "philo" love. No sexual element.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

The proof is in the pudding/bible. They swooned over each other like schoolgirls over the quarterback. But you go ahead and believe otherwise, if it's too darn titillating for you.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
That is what you say, but the Bible does not say there was any kind of sexual element in their relationship. It was a textbook example of "philo" love.

It was a textbook example of "philo" love. No sexual element.
based on a god given definition? How does one love a man more than a woman? Twist and wriggle all one wants, David was a player (acknowledged in a previous post as having many women) so it would only follow he played the entire field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity