Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 11:04 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Gotta keep the parts in some degree of working order between human engagements...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

That's why some women keep BOB around (Battery Operated Boyfriend).

Battery operated? I have to plug mine in. I nearly blow a fuse.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:07 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Then leave God to judge them and open up the doors of your church for LGBTQ people to come worship and share in your social meals. If you and yours can’t do that, you aren’t even pretending to be “nice,” your making a case for how self righteous you are.

Paul taught that the real way to be nice was by treating others as better than yourself—-in humility. Philippians 2:3

Thank you, Warden.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
based on a god given definition? How does one love a man more than a woman?
It is very common, actually. For example, a father can love his child more than anyone, or anything including himself. The Bible teaches David loved Jonathan like himself. He valued that relationship more than any other at that time.

You are equating love with sex, but in this case it is simply not so. Earlier I explained four different kinds of love, although there are actually six, and only one of them has a sexual element in it.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:55 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
based on a god given definition? How does one love a man more than a woman? Twist and wriggle all one wants, David was a player (acknowledged in a previous post as having many women) so it would only follow he played the entire field.
There are many ways to show the Patriarchs committing what we would call immoral sex, but David and Jonathon isn't an example of homosexuality, neither is John and Jesus an example of homosexuality. I have seen many people tease Christians about even Paul being a Homosexual, but those are all silly arguments that I just smile at....I can't take it in any other way other than just teasing Christians and it is funny, it's just a non issue, it didn't happen and anyone who is really serious about knowing Biblical people already know it's a non issue, a silly issue....

If I was the Type of Homosexual interested in pleading my cause, to plead THAT cause would only make me look desperate and silly, it would hurt my cause and the cause of any Christian Homosexual.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-29-2018 at 12:07 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 12:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You attack me because of what the Bible says, which is precisely what Jesus said when he told his followers that the world will hate them for their beliefs.
No one hates you, so there is no need to pretend that you are hated because of Jesus?

Moderator cut: Quoted post and response removed.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-29-2018 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: One quote & response removed.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Then leave God to judge them and open up the doors of your church for LGBTQ people to come worship and share in your social meals. If you and yours can’t do that, you aren’t even pretending to be “nice,” your making a case for how self righteous you are.
You should invite some "fundies" to your house and share a meal so you can pretend to be nice

Old 09-29-2018, 12:33 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
You attack me because of what the Bible says, which is precisely what Jesus said when he told his followers that the world will hate them for their beliefs.

Snipped by Hannibal

Finn, before you could get persecuted for following Jesus in the same religion, you first have to be in the same religion as Christ. I GUARANTEE YOU, that if you begin keeping the feasts of Christ, PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU, people will despise you ESPECIALLY your own family Finn. You get proud to tell people that you will now walk as Jesus walked in the same religion, and guess what? You lose your family, your friends, your job, your wife, and people will call you a wannabe Jew, and there you will stand alone where neither Jew or Christian accepts you, BUT FIRST, you would have to convert to the religion of Jesus Finn.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Finn, before you could get persecuted for following Jesus in the same religion, you first have to be in the same religion as Christ. I GUARANTEE YOU, that if you begin keeping the feasts of Christ, PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU, people will despise you ESPECIALLY your own family Finn. You get proud to tell people that you will now walk as Jesus walked in the same religion, and guess what? You lose your family, your friends, your job, your wife, and people will call you a wannabe Jew, and there you will stand alone where neither Jew or Christian accepts you, BUT FIRST, you would have to convert to the religion of Jesus Finn.
No, you don't have to keep the feasts, and no, my family would not hate me even if I did keep them. Besides, I was referring to the post made by Romulus. He attacked me not because of what I have said or done, but because of what the Bible says, and because I believe what it says. That alone can make a person a target of personal attacks, so it in line with what Jesus told His disciples. Of course the disciples actually lost their lives over their beliefs.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
No, you don't have to keep the feasts,
It would be nice though if you showed up, but what if Jesus showed up too and turned water in wine?, well you would have to stick around and see the effect.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Nobody has to keep any laws of the feasts, nobody has to go to Jerusalem 3 times a year, but everyone must accept the ways of God to then reject the ways of other Gods, you can't walk in the same religion as Jesus and get persecuted for following Jesus unless you actually follow him....I can't judge anyone if they don't keep the Sabbath or any of the feasts of Christ, not even the 3 main feasts.
Persecuted? I said you can become a target of personal attacks simply for quoting what the Bible says. I don't think that counts as "persecution", but it is in line with what Jesus said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity