Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 12:26 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Unfortunately for you, that's just a baseless position. You have ZERO ZILCH NADA, no evidence to back up your statement. Even Steve Jobs said "oh my" when he drew his last breath. That alone should make someone pause and consider that there just may be life after death.
May I suggest it is you who has no evidence. However, if you do have one that is not based on faith or an ancient book, let us know so we can try and replicate it.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:28 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
You have zero evidence to even remotely suggest that David and Jonathan were gay lovers. How disgusting that you turn God's Holy Word into a tale of false perversion. David had a man murdered so he could have his wife. He was most certainly heterosexual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Wait, if David was attracted to both men and women, that’s perverting “God’s Word”, but him being a murderous adulterer maintains Gods Word as holy?
David and Jonathan gay lovers ...disgusting. David having a man murdered so he could have it off with the man's wife ...favored by Jeff because, glory be, David is heterosexual after all! Yes, there's some crazy reasoning going on here.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:16 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Same reason we don't sacrifice animals or give offerings to the priest at the tabernacle. Your position reeks of complete ignorance about the Christian faith.

You have zero evidence to even remotely suggest that David and Jonathan were gay lovers. How disgusting that you turn God's Holy Word into a tale of false perversion. David had a man murdered so he could have his wife. He was most certainly heterosexual.
I’ve provided a ton of biblical evidence regarding David and Jonathan’s probable physical relationship. How disgusting you turn God’s Holy Word into hate for things you don’t understand (or maybe you do ). Your persuasion that anything sexual is evil (except for the missionary position by a man and wife solely for the purpose of procreation) smacks of your own sexual inadequacies.

Jews don’t sacrifice animals or give offerings (sin offerings) because the Temple was destroyed. In addition just a few posts ago you made the ridiculous claim that Jesus didn’t come to change the Law. Did He or did He not? Are you able to be consistent about ANYTHING in the Bible. If He didn’t come to change the Law why aren’t you calling for the death of homosexuals and even adulterers like your buddy Josh Duggar?

You are nothing but a Pharasaical hypocrite. In fact some of your posts make the Pharisees and crowd who called for Jesus’ crucifixion look positively holy. They hated sin, too. That’s why they hated Jesus. He told them in so many words that they had their bibles shoved where the sun doesn’t shine, sort of like what some of us are telling you to do with your disgusting biblical interpretations with regard to people you don’t like or don’t understand.

I’ve come to learn that Grace is the great equalizer—none of us are better, only different. When we are all equal before heaven, there can be none of the controlling, condemning, and fear-driven coercing you and your ilk try to spread. Religion for you is not about a closer walk with God, it’s about using God to threaten others, to dehumanize them, and to practice your “special” brand of bigotry and persecution while hypocritically claiming YOU are the one being discriminated against because people won’t allow your bigotry and hatefulness to go unchallenged.

Does this sound like I’m picking on poor little you? Good!!! That’s exactly what you sound like to many of us with your power mongering to prevent gays from marrying or getting a cake from any business they desire. Have you prepared that list of “non-essential” services and products that you find a need to prevent them from having? Is that your way of”loving” them to heaven or just an ego stroke to make you more superior. Anyone refusing evangelical Christians cakes or shoes or parties? I didn’t think so, you double-minded hypocrite.

Your sin reminds me of incest, pedophilia, and animals eating their young! Oh, but I LOVE you and am just trying to show you how ignorant and separated from anything holy you truly are.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
David and Jonathan gay lovers ...disgusting. David having a man murdered so he could have it off with the man's wife ...favored by Jeff because, glory be, David is heterosexual after all! Yes, there's some crazy reasoning going on here.
This is typical of the hypocritical thinking of most evangelical christians. I can’t tell you how many times jeffie defended Josh Duggar for fondling his own sisters when they were children only to be “saddened” when Josh, as an adult, confessed to adultery.

All the sins you and I commit they are willing to use to send us to hell. But one of their own?? OMG, if he has repented it should be forgotten.

They like to tell themselves they really love homosexuals from one side of their mouths while insisting they have a right to refuse cakes and marriage licenses to them out of the other.

If they truly loved anyone but themselves, they would put the rights, comforts, and privileges of gays above their own. They wouldn’t care so much about bathrooms, wedding cakes, and movie scenes. Rather, they would be pushing aside every obstacle and looking for every opportunity to simply serve those others they despise.

And the fact that every one of them on this are unable to treat LGBTQ people as they, themselves wish and expect to be treated shows that not a single one of them has a covenant relationship with Jesus. Jesus is not someone to follow and enulate, but is rather a tool to be used in furthering their attempt to control others.

Keep up your good work in fighting the spiritual virus with which most of them are afflicted.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why not execute? We are not under OT Judaism. For you to even suggest that just shows how ignorant you are biblical history and dispensations.

Regarding the "stupid" post... Your response is hilarious. I basically had the same criteria that you did. Two men kissed each other in both instances... men expressed love for one another in both instances... yet your conclusion of Jonathan being homosexual and David being bisexual is valid, while my conclusion is stupid. The truth is both assessments are stupid. Thanks for the laugh.
Please read about Saul telling Jonathan that he had uncovered his mother’s nakedness with his relationship with David.

Further,

2 Samuel 1:26
"I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women." (David)

In ancient Israel, it was not considered proper for a man and woman to have a platonic relationship. Men and women rarely spoke to each other in public. Since David's only relationships with women would have been sexual in nature, then he must be referring to sexual love with Jonathan. It wouldn't make sense in this verse to compare platonic love for a man with sexual love for a woman; they are two completely different things. It would appear that David is referring to his sexual love for Jonathan.

Because there is ample internal evidence for how Scripture might be viewed, your insistence that it can only br viewed your way is stupid. Dispensation is only important to keep your butt out of the fire when you get called for your hypocrisy. You’ve set yourself up as judge and jury with regard to what is sound in the OR and what you wish to ignore.

And that is what is shameful with regard to your posts.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:24 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
you'll find out the hard way what reality is when you die and that i would not want anyone to get used to
Don’t read the good book much, huh urbanlemur?

From what you book says you’ll be dead until jesus returns. So keep your fingers crossed it won’t be be to long like it has been for the first xian.

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [a]sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [b]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Let me guess, out of context?

Doesn’t really mean what the words say?

Old 11-22-2018, 03:26 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
And you will stay brainless like a robot like it says in

Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
ah, my favorite verses in Scripture!!!
Nice not having to think for yourself, huh?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:25 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Over 4100 posts in the 4 months since this thread was revived. Nothing makes the pages turn like a good 'ol homosexual thread in the Christianity forum!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:45 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Compassion, fairness, and non judgment are the CORNERSTONES of Christian life.
God commanded to love and treat your neighbor as yourself. God didn’t say, “unless they are homosexual!”

Happy Thanksgiving everyone — lets all marinate in gratitude today

Old 11-22-2018, 11:01 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Over 4100 posts in the 4 months since this thread was revived. Nothing makes the pages turn like a good 'ol homosexual thread in the Christianity forum!
Perhaps to some it is mere entertainment?

To others, it's about hoping to someday bring to an end the harmful attitudes towards and treatment of an entire group of people because of their sexual orientation -- attitudes and treatment which are either based on, or justified by, a misunderstanding of things written by men thousands of years ago. Men who thought women were property who should be offered up to be raped to distract men who were intent on humiliating other men through raping them, not because they were homosexual. (See the story of Lot and his daughters, and also the story regarding the concubine in Gibeah). Perhaps some of those who hold onto the desire to condemn same sex loving relationships do so because they haven't evolved much beyond that ancient mindset. I sincerely hope that is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity