Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelofogo View Post
There's an item called the Spriritual Gifts Inventory, commonly administered by priests in the Roman Catholic and Episcopal denominations of Christianity, and maybe some others. I'd recommend you look at the definitions--or even take the free test. Without a little more background, it would be difficult to address any of your questions in good faith. No pun intended.

I can say that I did not expect the results I got, but they also weren't a surprise--since other non-spiritual profiling tests I'd taken aligned very well with the spiritual one.

You ask, "Why do you suppose that is [that I get no reaction whatsoever]. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't share my experiences with someone who seems to be sneering at the very idea that there is such a thing, and I wouldn't expect to have my experiences treated with respect given the general tone of the opening post. If I'm wrong, I'd be willing to engage.

I looked at it. What if the test is faulty from the get-go because not all the definitions are correct? Just sayin....not interested in doing a commentary on their errors to make the point. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelofogo View Post
There's an item called the Spriritual Gifts Inventory, commonly administered by priests in the Roman Catholic and Episcopal denominations of Christianity, and maybe some others. I'd recommend you look at the definitions--or even take the free test. Without a little more background, it would be difficult to address any of your questions in good faith. No pun intended.

I can say that I did not expect the results I got, but they also weren't a surprise--since other non-spiritual profiling tests I'd taken aligned very well with the spiritual one.

You ask, "Why do you suppose that is [that I get no reaction whatsoever]. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't share my experiences with someone who seems to be sneering at the very idea that there is such a thing, and I wouldn't expect to have my experiences treated with respect given the general tone of the opening post. If I'm wrong, I'd be willing to engage.
WHERE in the world do you come up with the idea that I am sneering at spiritual gifts? Honestly I am baffled at what people read into what others post..

What I was talking about is the fact that "discernment," whether an individual gift, or the process by which a body of believers determines God's will in any particular situation does NOT just hang out there in Lala land as some people have opined. The fact that I gave an example of how group discenment may work met with no comment from the people who denigrate the guidance of the Spirit is indicative of the nature of their relationship with God and man.

If you can reread and come up with a valid understanding of what I have said, I would appreciate a comment to that effect.

BTW, I have done more than one spiritual inventories with consistent results.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:11 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I took that directly from your posts which deny that anything in the Bible has to be TESTED against the Spirit described in those verses. Are you changing your position, Finn. Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses??? I do not lie or misrepresent anything, but YOU seem to duck, hide, distract, distort, and misrepresent everything said by anyone who disagrees with your dogma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
i just pointed out that you lied and that is a fact. I don't have any interest in playing your games with you. Apologize for the lies, or don't. I don't care.
You did NOT point out any such thing and it is not remotely a fact. What you are not interested in doing is owning up to your own views when they are challenged. This is more ducking, distracting, hiding and misrepresenting. Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses??? I know you do not because you have refused to do so many times. You even acknowledge that there is NO need to do so because you accept everything in the Bible without questioning or testing. You even refuse to acknowledge that there are contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible. Stop playing games. You are NOT defending God or Jesus with such antics.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You did NOT point out any such thing and it is not remotely a fact. What you are not interested in doing is owning up to your own views when they are challenged. This is more ducking, distracting, hiding and misrepresenting. Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses??? I know you do not because you have refused to do so many times. You even acknowledge that there is NO need to do so because you accept everything in the Bible without questioning or testing. You even refuse to acknowledge that there are contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible. Stop playing games. You are NOT defending God or Jesus with such antics.
I knew you'd be too proud to apologize, and instead try to make it about be. Some things never change

Old 03-29-2016, 03:52 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
I knew you'd be too proud to apologize, and instead try to make it about be. Some things never change
Pride has nothing to do with it. There is nothing to apologize for. You again refuse to answer. You are ducking and hiding yet again. I repeat for the umpteenth time: Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses???

Old 03-30-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Pride has nothing to do with it. There is nothing to apologize for. You again refuse to answer. You are ducking and hiding yet again. I repeat for the umpteenth time: Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses???
You are having a hard time with this. I told you the sole purpose of my post was to point out the fact that you misrepresented my views. I did it so you could correct your error, but clearly your pride stands in the way.

You ask questions in order to deflect. You can repeat your questions till your face turns blue, but it won't change the fact that you are deflecting. I am not interesting in discussing anything with you since I know you harbor anger and resentment towards people like me. I do not wish to deal with it. I have dusted my sandals and turned away from your door.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You claimed I ignore the verses which you mentioned, which is a complete lie. Unfortunately such claims is pretty much the par of the course with you, which is why I ignore your posts most of the time. Your posts are designed to misrepresent other people, and it is very unpleasant.
Quote:
You are having a hard time with this. I told you the sole purpose of my post was to point out the fact that you misrepresented my views. I did it so you could correct your error, but clearly your pride stands in the way.

You ask questions in order to deflect. You can repeat your questions till your face turns blue, but it won't change the fact that you are deflecting. I am not interesting in discussing anything with you since I know you harbor anger and resentment towards people like me. I do not wish to deal with it. I have dusted my sandals and turned away from your door.
Finn. you CLAIM that he lied, but offer no proof that it IS a lie. The simple way to show that it is would be to show how you use those verses in your faith walk.

You won't do that

It is not a lie.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Finn. you CLAIM that he lied, but offer no proof that it IS a lie. The simple way to show that it is would be to show how you use those verses in your faith walk.

You won't do that

It is not a lie.
It was a lie. I know what I believe, you don't, and mystic doesn't. When you try to make claims about what other people believe, or don't believe, or follow or don't follow, ignore, or don't ignore, or think, or don't think, you often end up speaking lies. The best you can do is assume, but when you assume don't declare it like it was a fact like mystic did. Why would you even try to define someone else's beliefs, when you couldn't possibly know? It is not a very smart thing to do to be honest with you.

Ironically mystic told me he has absolutely no idea what I believe, and yet here he is declaring to the whole world what I believe or don't believe.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
It was a lie. I know what I believe, you don't, and mystic doesn't. When you try to make claims about what other people believe, or don't believe, or follow or don't follow, ignore, or don't ignore, or think, or don't think, you often end up speaking lies. The best you can do is assume, but when you assume don't declare it like it was a fact like mystic did. Why would you even try to define someone else's beliefs, when you couldn't possibly know? It is not a very smart thing to do to be honest with you.

Ironically mystic told me he has absolutely no idea what I believe, and yet here he is declaring to the whole world what I believe or don't believe.
So, ramble off into the sunset for all I care. If you won't show how you utilize those scriptures and they don't show up as applied in your posting, and in fact your posting shows a flagrant disregard for the information in those scriptures, it is safe to assume that you ignore them.

Show the lie or admit that it isn't one...... or just putter off as usual when challenged.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Show the lie or admit that it isn't one...... or just putter off as usual when challenged.
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

In short it means "the burden of proof always lies with the person who makes the accusations".

The solution is simple: Do not make claims about other people which you are unable prove. You are only making a liar and a false witness out of yourself. If you are going to say "you ignore this verse", then you better be prepared to prove it, which you can't, because it is actually impossible for you to do that. Smart people would know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity