Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,444,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I am an atheist but If you can give me even the smallest scrap of evidence that god exists then I'll be an atheist no more.
But you can't can you nikk.
Why do you believe In this this myth so utterly when there's not an Iota of proof to back It up?
It smacks of desperation. Just a scrap of real evidence please nikk that's not to much to ask for Is It?
The same question can be asked of you. Give me proof that God does not exist.

Because no one can not prove God or prove God. Dawkins even stated that "he is almost sure there is no God". And explained it was because he couldn't disprove him absolutly.

I am not desperate. I am content and sure. I am confident of all that I have studied in Theology, in biology etc. That I know what has been said. I know the arguements. I know that a recent creation is the best explanation for the evidence that we observe in the world around us.

I also know Jesus. He lives in my heart. I asked him to come into my heart to live and to forgive me from my sins. I know he is in me. I know that I am loved by him. I know that I have talked to the Father and he has talked to me. It is written there is none righteous, no not one. I was unrighteous, but when he came into my heart he made me clean. I am forgiven and I am going to spend eternity with God.

It is written that with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. It is written that if we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus we will be saved. I have done this. I am saved. I am saved from my personal sins that I have committed and I am saved from the sin that I was born into that comes from the sin of Adam.

It is written that Faith is evidence. So, my faith in God is the evidence that God exists. My faith is the evidence of the unseen things.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 AM

33,576 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I do think for myself. It is written "let us reason together". I have studied biology and many other things and have come to the conclusion that the bible explains the correct way that things happened in the past.

Evolution is an invention. It was an idea invented by man to explain the phenomenon that he saw in the world around him (at least that is the way science of any type should work). Theories even evolution can crash because new evidence arrises to prove its axioms incorrect. But in accuallity this is not the case with evolution. Since it is more of a story based on science, the story can change as the science it rides on changes. If their are insurmountable hurdles, evolutionist tack more time onto the theory or sweep the problems under the rug.
Well if you do think for yourself you must be blinded by your faith. If creation were true where is the evidence?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Pangea is estimated to have existed 175 to 250 million years ago.
Tectonic Plates

Think man...How on earth could the continents drift so far apart in only 6000 years? They'd have to move miles per year. Nothing could have survived the earth quakes and volcanic activity associated with such an event. And according to what you say the plate movement was greater in the past? If that were so you wouldn't be sitting on your computer stool gleefully awaiting end times...It would have been all over long ago.

It is amazing to me how you people use and twist science to fit with your beliefs, yet at the same time claim to reject it.....Lazy thinking in my opinion.
You are basing the movement of the techtonic plates on the Uniformatarian time scale. This time scale was created based on the evolutionary model. I am using the creation model. That uses times consistant with nature and consistent with the bible.

The plates moved very quickly in the past. Socrates even describes the movement of the Americas into the western sea (Atlantic Ocean) as being very quick. See the book Critaeus and Timaeus. So these events were witnessed even by the secular world and recorded. Oh but that is right anything written by someone more than 150 years ago is conside a myth by you and unbelievable.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Well if you do think for yourself you must be blinded by your faith. If creation were true where is the evidence?
Creationist use the same evidence as evolutionists. A fossil is a fossil, a rock is a rock. It is the interpretation of the evidence where the two differ. So, the evidence for creation is everything in the universe!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Quote:
It's all around you, in the mirror

II Peter 3 says that in the last days people will deny the message of the creation

3 "Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,
4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."
5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water,
6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 AM

428 posts, read 1,632,352 times
Quote:
Evolution is an invention. It was an idea invented by man to explain the phenomenon that he saw in the world around him (at least that is the way science of any type should work). Theories even evolution can crash because new evidence arrises to prove its axioms incorrect. But in accuallity this is not the case with evolution.
Congratulations, you just defended evolution as science. You are absolutely right about theories crashing when their basic axioms are shown to be incorrect--that is the difference between science and religion. You are also right that this is not the case with evolution. That's because its basic axioms have never been proven incorrect--there are many discussions in evolutionary biology circles about refinements of Darwinian natural selection (species selection, hierarchical, punctuated equilibrium, limitations imposed by structural restraints, etc). But the basics remain unrefuted by any new evidence.

As an interesting aside, you can read "The Bible" for "evolution" in your first sentence, and also have an accurate statement.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
You are basing the movement of the techtonic plates on the Uniformatarian time scale. This time scale was created based on the evolutionary model. I am using the creation model. That uses times consistant with nature and consistent with the bible.

The plates moved very quickly in the past. Socrates even describes the movement of the Americas into the western sea (Atlantic Ocean) as being very quick. See the book Critaeus and Timaeus. So these events were witnessed even by the secular world and recorded. Oh but that is right anything written by someone more than 150 years ago is conside a myth by you and unbelievable.
Oh I had no idea that time was different for creationists....What is the creation time scale?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Creationist use the same evidence as evolutionists. A fossil is a fossil, a rock is a rock. It is the interpretation of the evidence where the two differ. So, the evidence for creation is everything in the universe!
Great methods you creationists have. Let science do the work, then twist the results to fit your YEC agenda. What integrity!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,009,734 times
Quote:
According to creationists everything has a creator, so is there a fossil maker and a rock maker running around?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM

789 posts, read 1,336,136 times
Quote:
No, I am not. I think that you are confused. The Exodus was just the practicing Jews out of Egypt. So the world population of this time would be far greater than this number. I think that is what you are looking for from Noah to the time of the Exodus.

What I am saying is the Israel (Jacob) went into Egypt with 60 people and came out in the Exodus 400 years latter with the numbers that you are saying 600K men plus woman and children above this. The population also saw a dramatic loss because the Egyptians killed many of the Israeli children ("In Ramah is heard a wailing, Rachel crying for her children..."). However we do not know the population of Egyptians that came out of Egypt with the Isrealites.

All in all you just can't understand how 8 people from the Ark can produce in 875 year just the population in Succoth. Where the world population of the time was probably in the millions.

Using the population growths found at AIG here (http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v23/i3/people.asp - broken link):

8 people with a population groth of 3% per year (the current rate in Africa) would give us a population of 1,366,663,526,153 people after 875
years. If I used 2% increase per year that would give 268,065,102 people in 875 years (for a world population). The current world population growth is currently at 1.7%. So, it is very posible for 600,000 men to have come out of Egypt in the the time you have stated.
If there were a 2% increase in population how many people would be alive right now? Your model fails just like AIG's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity