Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All you are saying (and I agree with it) is that we as Christians have it a lot easier BECAUSE of our belief and knowledge of Jesus. . . . that's all. Jesus certainly doesn't need any acknowledgment . . . but it sure makes things a whole lot easier for we who do. No argument. Jesus had the ONLY human consciousness that matched God consciousness and could connect to it from the "womb of human physical existence" by dying and being reborn a Spirit (Holy Spirit). Now it is available to all human consciousness as the "Comforter" and guide urging us to love of God and each other.
and what is the need to come to God? what for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and what is the need to come to God? what for?
For the "state of mind" in love that it brings to OUR soul . . . certainly NOT for anything God needs . . . just as all the earlier laws were designed to do.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
For the "state of mind" in love that it brings to OUR soul . . . certainly NOT for anything God needs . . . just as all the earlier laws were designed to do.
Mystic that made no sense. here is a scenario. I am rich, I am good looking, I drive an awesome car, my family is good, I get women at the drop of a dime, I am beyond happy. Why do I need God?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM

178 posts, read 404,106 times
Quote:
All you are saying (and I agree with it) is that we as Christians have it a lot easier BECAUSE of our belief and knowledge of Jesus. . . . that's all. Jesus certainly doesn't need any acknowledgment . . . but it sure makes things a whole lot easier for we who do.
So are those who are aware of Jesus, but deny Him, and who may exercise works that are described in the passages you quoted from Matthew, still heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Mystic that made no sense. here is a scenario. I am rich, I am good looking, I drive an awesome car, my family is good, I get women at the drop of a dime, I am beyond happy. Why do I need God?
Notice the carnal focus of everything you mentioned . . . the problem is that we are supposed to become a mature spiritual being which has nothing to do with those carnal things. They distract our spiritual development (self-control over our drives) and leave us an under-developed deformed "spiritual embryo" when we die and are "reborn" as Spirit. What happens to under-developed or deformed physical embryos at birth, Fundy? THAT is why we need God.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Notice the carnal focus of everything you mentioned . . . the problem is that we are supposed to become a mature spiritual being which has nothing to do with those carnal things. They distract our spiritual development (self-control over our drives) and leave us an under-developed deformed "spiritual embryo" when we die and are "reborn" as Spirit. What happens to under-developed or deformed physical embryos at birth, Fundy? THAT is why we need God.
Mystic please talk to me as a non believer. I am rich why do I care. My life is awesome, there are Christians who suffer beyond belief, why would I want that when I can have the amazing pleasures of life. Why do I need God?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
So are those who are aware of Jesus, but deny Him, and who may exercise works that are described in the passages you quoted from Matthew, still heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven?
ALL spiritual souls whose development attains the basic characteristics of love (holy spirit) that Jesus exhibited so clearly and completely (unto death) . . . are Jesus's spiritual heirs and will be reborn as Spirit (not miscarry or abort) . . . however they achieved it and whatever you want to call it.
Luke 12:10 (King James Version)

10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

It is the blasphemy against the holy spirit (failure to follow the guidance and adopt the Spirit of Jesus's love) that precludes your soul from developing properly.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 02-08-2009 at 12:51 PM..

Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Mystic please talk to me as a non believer. I am rich why do I care. My life is awesome, there are Christians who suffer beyond belief, why would I want that when I can have the amazing pleasures of life. Why do I need God?
Because your "spiritual embryo soul" is failing to develop properly and "spiritual miscarriage, deformed birth, or abortion" are not likely to be particularly pleasant ends to your enjoyable life (whatever they might entail). It is what it is.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Because your "spiritual embryo soul" is failing to develop properly and "spiritual miscarriage, deformed birth, or abortion" are not likely to be particularly pleasant ends to your enjoyable life (whatever they might entail). It is what it is.
Mystic if you went on the street witnessing to unbelievers and saying that, they would have you committed.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Mystic if you went on the street witnessing to unbelievers and saying that, they would have you committed.

are you and i really to be agreed on that, dear fundie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity