Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 02:01 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times

Advertisements

I went to Best Buy Friday evening. I drove through the Lowes parking lot at 7 PM. There was only two cars out front. Are they already closed or did they adjust there hours during there closing phase? Maybe they didn't have enough employees on a Friday night?

Sad note: After 28 years East Coast Music closed sometime this summer. They moved two years ago to Eastgate shopping center. I went there once, but I didn't like the layout; felt too tight and narrow. I didn't think Eastgate was a good choice for them. No one knew they were there, plus they lost their drive-thru service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 04:42 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
ECU released their census data, their official enrollment numbers. Total enrollment of 28,289 and 23,039 are undergraduates.

That includes distance ed, but the increase displays the additional need Greenville will need to make to accommodate these students.

ECU Census Data 2015

Old 09-12-2015, 07:19 PM

353 posts, read 458,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Sad note: After 28 years East Coast Music closed sometime this summer. They moved two years ago to Eastgate shopping center. I went there once, but I didn't like the layout; felt too tight and narrow. I didn't think Eastgate was a good choice for them. No one knew they were there, plus they lost their drive-thru service.
I had no idea East Coast was still open. I assumed they closed when they left their location on Charles Blvd where the State Farm office is now. Too bad as they were one of a kind in Greenville.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:44 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Default Lowe's Foods #204, Lynncroft, 3160 Evans Street Suite A, Greenville, North Carolina 27834-6935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabankoski View Post
Had talked to the same store manager from lowes and he said that the rent on the building was to high for them at this point, that they were going to continue to view other options. You are right about publix retrofitting three former lowes foods stores so hopefully they will see the potential in the lowes building and try to reach a lease agreement.
The rent may have increased to a point Lowe's Foods cannot keep up, but it could be within range for a competitor like Publix.

Lynncroft appears to remain a good location for a supermarket.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:06 PM

155 posts, read 235,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
ECU released their census data, their official enrollment numbers. Total enrollment of 28,289 and 23,039 are undergraduates.

That includes distance ed, but the increase displays the additional need Greenville will need to make to accommodate these students.

ECU Census Data 2015
It may be in the article but it's worth noting they are shooting for 30,000 students within 5 years.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:38 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
The Lowes Food is closed already. I saw it on the news.

The bulldozing for the Taft-Ward complex on 10th has begun. The adult toy store on the corner of 11th and Charles has been demolished and cleared.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 AM

277 posts, read 436,372 times
Quote:
How comfortable are people from the new apartment complex going to feel walking two blocks down Bonners Lane from Atlantic - especially after the transit center is open - at night?
I'm excited about all of the new developments coming to downtown greenville. That said, (and I hate to be a negative nancy) I ask the same questions. I've never seen a transit center/bus depot/etc. that wasn't full of loiterers. They're always fairly sketchy.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:54 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGoodBearBad View Post
I'm excited about all of the new developments coming to downtown greenville. That said, (and I hate to be a negative nancy) I ask the same questions. I've never seen a transit center/bus depot/etc. that wasn't full of loiterers. They're always fairly sketchy.
I think the context there though would be that the Police Dept is right there. And the parking lot will be well lighted, likely fenced, etc...and bordered by the RR tracks.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:57 AM

455 posts, read 528,504 times
Quote:
Is that the one with the 919 area code phone number still advertised on it?
Thats the one! It included the tiny little building where Pitt and Dickenson intersection too.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:08 AM

455 posts, read 528,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I think the context there though would be that the Police Dept is right there. And the parking lot will be well lighted, likely fenced, etc...and bordered by the RR tracks.
Also, this transit center will be a well lit, clean looking facility. Durham's is likely larger than Greenville's will be but there are parking decks, offices, and restaurants adjacent to it and it doesn't seem to be a negative thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina