Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 12:32 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Has anyone tried Bingo Burger?
It was mentioned in this thread a few times. I've been to the one in Pueblo. It's a very good, but expensive, burger. The one they put green chilies on is quite yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,908 times
^ I've tried both locations and I much prefer the Pueblo store. The Colorado Springs location is decent but it's still new enough that they're working out the kinks. I imagine it will improve.

There is a new breakfast and lunch place I'm impressed with. Doug's Breakfast and Lunch on Austin Bluffs and Academy. Awesome red and green chile, New Mexico-style (the owner had several diners on the Northern Front Range and before that, Albuquerque). Fresh ingredients and it tasted as home-made, from scratch as it is. Might just give Over Easy some competition before long.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:57 PM

454 posts, read 1,225,042 times
Some new to me additions:
Thai Mint-really good Thai food and always fresh
Julie's Kitchen-awesome Pinoy food I just wish it wasn't so far down south
Happy Korea-awesome alternative to Tong Tong but on the North End
Bunz-great burger selection and fresh everyday, I had a *** burger and it was excellent
503-trendy place on Colorado Road with great food
Mountain Shadows-awesome place with fresh daily specials and their homemade jam rocks!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:02 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,329 times
*This seems to be the most popular food thread so I'm putting this here*

On our way back from hiking we stopped by Sonic in Woodland Park for some St Patricks Day 1/2 price shakes. I'll have you know the shakes from the WP Sonic must be made with a bit of gold. $5.99 for a large, $6.49 if it was a specialty shake. Out of pure principal we made our way down to the OCC Sonic where the large is $4.29 if i remember right.

I can understand a little bit higher for the tourist crowd, but that's nuts. I have no idea if the other stuff is higher because I don't get anything but shakes from there.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:46 PM

454 posts, read 1,225,042 times
Brother Luck Eats-great place with usually daily specials

Old 04-07-2015, 03:25 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,329 times
Southern Maid Donuts Stetson Hills and Powers

Not too bad but nothing overly special either. Felt like they weren't dense enough, just a little too light and fluffy. Had a creme filled long john type, devils food with frosting, a cinnamon roll, and a glazed with frosting.(For the record, I didn't eat them all at once. I could have, but I didn't)

Old 04-07-2015, 03:55 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Mom and I checked out this place downtown called The Cheese Grill. We do NOT recommend it to others. You think it'd be hard to mess up grilled cheese or mac and cheese, but our food was just gross. And they were out of salad - all salad. And their menus were out of date. And their menus were just printed off a computer printer in black and white. And the staff was milling around unprofessionally. There were two reviews for this place in the Gazette recently - we now think that is a sign of the owner trying desperately to drum up business because he's about to go under - at least the food and professionalism of the place makes us think so.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:11 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default Cowboy Star in University Village on N. Nevada

A new steakhouse is opening tomorrow and the info in the newspaper sounds really good.

I'll be hitting it soon enough, and if anyone else does please let us know your opinions.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:20 PM

224 posts, read 732,788 times
I'm not sure if this was already discussed, so I thought I'd mention a new restaurant opened up north, C.B. & Potts near Bass Pro Shops. We tried this a few weeks ago. http://www.cbpotts.com/menu-location...orado-springs/

It's a Colorado chain, but we've never been to one. Husband liked the beer fine. I thought the service was a little slow, but the place is huge and has great views, lots of TVs, and plenty to find on the menu. Our food was good. We didn't try a burger, but husband had the French dip (he didn't like the coleslaw) and I had the Olympus Salad and it was really good.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:47 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Went to Skirted Heifer last week - not bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs