Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 12:44 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

You don't have enough posts nor tenure to rank on City-Data forums. But don't take my word for it, do what you do.

Good luck with that and see ya down the road. Meanwhile, read some of my posts on the Pueblo Sucks threads and see what I've been saying, for and against Pueblo.

In fact, it was a Why Is Pueblo So Cheap thread which brought me to City-Data forums in the first place, some 9 years ago. (Iirc, I got an infraction over the thing on my very first post. Have had some just deleted too.)

As far as racism, who knows? Who cares? Let's not delve into self pity here. What one person hates about Pueblo may be what another loves about it. Pueblo has been standing on its own for a pretty long time, with and without the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 11:56 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,392,226 times
Bugaboo, obvioulsy you are distressed by this information and are very passionate about it, and while it certainly may be in error compared to some normalized numbers, the fact of the matter is CD forums cover all the United states and major metropolitan areas and have to collect data from a realibale source somewhere. That also means they can't necessarily scrub and normalize every data table form every source in every post each time its found. If that data is flawed, that is what we discuss here to help arrive at may be a more reasonable number that we can share with others. I sincerely doubt that any of this data was posted as a racist, libelous, or other similarly neferous purpose.

If you had read through some other Pueblo topics here, you may have find that the PPD actually reports their crime numbers in a way that may lead to the composite numbers you see posted. To push your concerns back to the source, you may have to convince the PPD to alter their data collection methods and classifications of reporting. Then CD can extract their reported numbers for teh next update cycle.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:48 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Bugaboo, obvioulsy you are distressed by this information and are very passionate about it, and while it certainly may be in error compared to some normalized numbers, the fact of the matter is CD forums cover all the United states and major metropolitan areas and have to collect data from a realibale source somewhere. That also means they can't necessarily scrub and normalize every data table form every source in every post each time its found. If that data is flawed, that is what we discuss here to help arrive at may be a more reasonable number that we can share with others. I sincerely doubt that any of this data was posted as a racist, libelous, or other similarly neferous purpose.

If you had read through some other Pueblo topics here, you may have find that the PPD actually reports their crime numbers in a way that may lead to the composite numbers you see posted. To push your concerns back to the source, you may have to convince the PPD to alter their data collection methods and classifications of reporting. Then CD can extract their reported numbers for teh next update cycle.
Pueblo does report crime data to make it worse then it is to get more federal funding. Good for the budgets bad for the public relations.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:16 PM

4 posts, read 3,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You don't have enough posts nor tenure to rank on City-Data forums. But don't take my word for it, do what you do.

Good luck with that and see ya down the road. Meanwhile, read some of my posts on the Pueblo Sucks threads and see what I've been saying, for and against Pueblo.

In fact, it was a Why Is Pueblo So Cheap thread which brought me to City-Data forums in the first place, some 9 years ago. (Iirc, I got an infraction over the thing on my very first post. Have had some just deleted too.)

As far as racism, who knows? Who cares? Let's not delve into self pity here. What one person hates about Pueblo may be what another loves about it. Pueblo has been standing on its own for a pretty long time, with and without the internet.
I'm not all that impressed with hierarchy in a public forum and will most likely say whatever I want to say. The first amendment affords me that privilege.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:27 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1212 View Post
I'm not all that impressed with hierarchy in a public forum and will most likely say whatever I want to say. The first amendment affords me that privilege.
Um, city-data.com is a privately owned entity and can ban you at any time for what you might say- or just if they damn well please. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply when it comes to capitalism.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:46 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
This is a privately owned website.

Freedom of speech here is whatever the owner dictates, as enforced by humorless, grim old slugs like me who moderate these forums.

Freedumb of speech here is not tolerated, every one of us needs to be civil and try to help people who're relocating or inquiring.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:52 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
That.

I was trying to convey this in a subtle way, so as to not ruffle any egoic feathers but...

But, in the spirit of the thread title and to the one who bumped it up, I offer this, a post I wrote on the subject matter last year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I wouldn't say Pueblo is the sex offender mecca of anything. Perhaps Pueblo does a better job of catching them and getting them registered.

Take for example the recent number of rapes in Colorado Springs, 359 vs 21 for Pueblo over the same time span.

For CoSprings thats 0.83/1000 vs 0.19/1000 for Pueblo and 0.27/1000 vs the national average.

So Pueblo has fewer rapes vs the national average and Colorado Springs has almost four times as many as Pueblo per capita.

City-Data has their own stats on crime so check those, the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation), local sheriff's office, or the local police for further stats.
Are we not barking up the same tree?

Old 12-29-2015, 05:26 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
One of my good friends lives in Pueblo and over the past few years he has had so many problems with gangsters in his neighborhood - drive-by shootings, fights, etc. Like two or three major incidents every year and minor incidents probably monthly or more often. Today a 14 year old kid was crying in his yard, ran away from him. He found the kid and talked to him and he was crying and trying to hide from some thugs who were trying to beat him up because the blue jacket his mother got him for Christmas is the wrong color for the neighborhood. They want to leave but have trouble affording a move right now....they have a sick kiddo and money goes for that.

Last edited by otowi; 12-29-2015 at 05:57 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 05:28 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
One of my good friends lives in Pueblo and over the past few years he has had so many problems with gangsters in his neighborhood - drive-by shootings, fights, etc. Like two or three major incidents every year and minor incidents probably monthly or more often. Today a 14 year old kid was crying in his yard, ran away from him. He found the kid and talked to him and he was crying and trying to hide from some thugs who were trying to beat him up because the blue jacket his mother got him for Christmas is the wrong color for the neighborhood. They want to leave but have trouble affording a move right now....
Sounds like he lives on the lower east side?

Old 12-29-2015, 05:56 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Sounds like he lives on the lower east side?
Maybe - I don't know Pueblo neighborhoods very well. Spruce Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado