Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 PM

12 posts, read 45,952 times

Advertisements

If you are interested in NCC area, Harrington, just over the border on rt 7 in PA. It is an awesome age qualified community w/ a nice clubhouse and amenities. We love visiting, as there's a master suite and 2nd bedroom/office on the 1st floor w/ living room, kitchen, dining room. 2nd floor is a "loft" w/ a 3rd BR & bath, plus an area to hang out in. Houses are patio type homes. It's a real community too. It's filling fast and a Charles Wilkinson community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Hi Susie,
I'm a native of Delaware, travel the state weekly, and visit most new developments in conjunction with my profession. Heritage Shores is certainly a wonderful subdivision, and one of the nicest (if not the nicest) I've seen. There is no lot rent, which is the beauty of the subdivision and title is held in fee simple interest. Currently, there are 10 listings for sale in Heritage Shores, 9 of them resales of 1-2 year old single family homes.
I'm curious why 9 people would chose to sell their homes after only 1-2 years. Are they unhappy there? Is there some problem with the subdivision. Just seems like a lot of resales that are quite new.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I'm curious why 9 people would chose to sell their homes after only 1-2 years. Are they unhappy there? Is there some problem with the subdivision. Just seems like a lot of resales that are quite new.
There could be many reasons. our community is a lot smaller than Heritage and we had 1 so far out of about 25 homes or so. She was homesick for her children.
There is another couple that is still hanging but their home PA is not sold. so they were going to put both homes on the market to see which sells first.
We also have some residents who have not sold their home and are a little nervous right now. Their not sure what the future holds for them.
BTW .........the woman that was homesick.....the house sold in 1 month. Nice house with a lot of upgrades including front loading washing and dryer.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, there are quite a number of re-sales. What I've seen appears to be people moving to Delaware, then finding out it's too rural, there's not enough to do, or it's too far from their families. All the research in the world doesn't beat actual experience living in a certain location, as we know. And Delaware is not for everybody, just as other states have their pros and cons. I've heard some newbies moving out saying....they don't care about the low taxes or no sales tax.....they're leaving. Most 55+ communities around Kent County are occupied by newcomers to Delaware. Locals rarely buy there, and the local term for those is "fishbowl communities", and the biggest attraction in Delaware to those out of state.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:08 PM

46 posts, read 111,038 times
I found more information on the new active adult community in Roesville. The builder is Asset Builders. Here is a link to their site: Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed.

It shows a plot plan and explains some of the new technology the builder will be using. I promised to share info as I got it and will continue as I find out more on this new community.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-09-2010 at 02:00 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 06:09 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
The moratorium for subdivision approvals has been lifted, after 8 months of quiet. The beat goes on.

Last edited by Marka; 05-29-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: per request

Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,670 times
Default +55 has a jungle jim

I've been keeping an eye on the new + 55 community behind me. The pool is in, the community center is almost ready, the shuffleboard and tennis courts are awaiting the finishing touches. And now..tada.. a jungle jim complete with a sliding board. Now that puts a different spin on adult active community.

ok...I know it's for the grandkids.. I hope. A nice touch.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
I've been keeping an eye on the new + 55 community behind me. The pool is in, the community center is almost ready, the shuffleboard and tennis courts are awaiting the finishing touches. And now..tada.. a jungle jim complete with a sliding board. Now that puts a different spin on adult active community.

ok...I know it's for the grandkids.. I hope. A nice touch.
Sounds nice PA. I wish we had a tennis court. Jungle jim is a nice idea for the when the grand kids visit. I may make That suggestion for here. I know when my little one comes, there is not a lot for her to do. We did take her to rodney Ceaser shopping center where they have a large gym to run threw and arcades. Was a lot of fun but it would be nice to have something on SM grounds. After all, we all have the kids visit from time to time. And we all welcome this too

Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 AM

137 posts, read 313,733 times
PA-This is Champion's Club, right? I'll be down to take a look at it next week. Do you know if they have any of the Americana series available for a look-see yet?

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:04 PM

699 posts, read 2,895,670 times
I honestly don't know if they have samples for the new series yet. Just had a chuckle when the jungle jim went up.
I did take a peak inside their clubhouse and it's not as large as Nobles Pond but surely has a gorgeous ballroom. They just put the fence around the pool so maybe it will be filled when you get here. I am curious to see what kind of landscaping they'll do. Surely miss the trees and greenery that was there before they broke ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware