Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

That was a great review sheet Lil'Eggplant. That is the best way to get the information across. Go there, and put out the full information. It helps so much to have pictures to look back on and go over personally.
One time I passed up a home and after looking at the pictures I had, I went back and bought it.
You did a great job and it will benefit many CD viewers. Very, very, through information......fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Gotta agree w/ Summering, you shared a wealth of info that I'm sure will be more than helpful to a lot of people. Most of the communities seem to be 2 bedrooms I think, we're leaning to 3 on the same level (main). In CC, the loft sounds interesting but I don't know as that would really be best for us (the floorplans were small and hard to read) so hopefully another time we'll have to check them out, it helps to have an idea of what to expect (so my head won't spin quite so much, LOL).

Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM

144 posts, read 361,017 times
Little Eggplant, I agree with Summering and Honeycrisp regarding your very informative review of those 3 communities. It will be very helpful to many people. I have visited those communities as well, and although each one had some promise or things we liked, they are currently not at the top of my list.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Little Eggplant - thank you for an excellent report. Though for us, Roesville is in the lead, your report makes me want to give Champions Club another look and I think we'll do that on our next trip.

I hope you had some time to enjoy yourself while in Delaware and perhaps over in the chat thread, you can tell us a little about restaurants or other things you noticed while in town.

Thanks again for a great report.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Hi little eggplant......

Did I tell you I just love your name???

Glad you had a wonderful trip to DE. We had a wonderful trip to Maine/Nh.
What a great foliage you guys got up there. We can expect it here in a few weeks.

Oh and great report......you get a A+.

Fun searching for the right community for you isn't it. Hubby and I had a ball. Hard to believe we are settled 3 years now.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM

60 posts, read 207,540 times
Ok, anyone know which builder gives you the most "bang for your buck". Some of them include the sunrooms, hardwood floors, 42" kitchen cabinets, etc. in the basic home. Also, anyone know which communities are more complete than others? It's scary to see that there are only 6, or 24 homes occupied, no clubhouse, no pool, etc. after a number of years!!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorys View Post
Ok, anyone know which builder gives you the most "bang for your buck". Some of them include the sunrooms, hardwood floors, 42" kitchen cabinets, etc. in the basic home. Also, anyone know which communities are more complete than others? It's scary to see that there are only 6, or 24 homes occupied, no clubhouse, no pool, etc. after a number of years!!
For Roesville, it's only been 13 months since they broke ground on the first house ... and in this economy where people were unable to sell their homes to buy into any of the communities, I'm not surprised by the low numbers.

By the same token, I do expect to see that change dramatically in 2010.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 PM

388 posts, read 998,560 times
Perhaps it is because we may be finalizing our plans next year but I, too, feel that 2010 will be a more positive year for the 55+ communities. Both Nobles and Champion quoted the numbers of homes they have slated to build and at Champions, at least, their scale model showed many flags on lots as "sold". I know they must present a sunny picture to the public, after all they want us to buy a very expensive item. I agree with a past poster who said a community steps up to the plate and shows it's committment to the project by putting in the clubhouse first, not only to draw prospective buyers but to reward the original buyers with a new playplace. If we all could only look into a crystal ball.......

Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
A crystal ball would great wouldn't it.........well??? Maybe not for everything. Some things I don't want to know.

I do think the market is improving slighly. Been a lot of activity around here. Many people coming through picking out their lot.

I also have a feeling tha 2010 will be a good year........not sure why but if there was so sign of a pool by next year.......I wouldn't put out that money and buy there.
Just me.
The recent financial crises has taken away my trust. Especially when I saw what happened to millions of folks retirement money.

I still think they would get more buyers if they had the pool and clubhouse in place!

Anyway........here is too a positive 2010 for all!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 PM

144 posts, read 361,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
For Roesville, it's only been 13 months since they broke ground on the first house ... and in this economy where people were unable to sell their homes to buy into any of the communities, I'm not surprised by the low numbers.

By the same token, I do expect to see that change dramatically in 2010.

I do hope that Roesville makes it, because it would be a very beautiful community with the clubhouse house done as planned. The models are so beautiful, love the floor plans as well. Many years ago I lived in Hartly, De, and that is very rural. Felton is similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware