Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Hi Kathy,
I live in the single family neighborhood in Jonathan's Landing. We have been here for two years. I get a good view of Champions Club from our back deck.
They are currently working on the clubhouse and pool. Looks like they might be ready for summer enjoyment. McKee has a good reputation as a builder and they have several samples to view. Our builder, Lacrosse, also has a ranch style home available if you wish not to be in a +55. I hope you enjoy the area as much as we do. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about the area. Good luck and happy homehunting.
When we come down in August, I think we're going to give Champion's Club a look. I like Nobles Pond very much ... but I'm not locked in yet.

Charley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50down View Post
Has anyone checked out Champions Club at Jonathon Crossing? I will be driving down to Delaware Friday and have that on my list. I have been to Nobles Pond, Barclay Farm and Southern Meadows and am interested in seeing what I can get for my money is a fee simple development. I also may check new ranch homes in the area that aren't 55+ communities because they seem to be in the same price range. Any thoughts??
Kathy
I live in Southern Meadows and Love it.

it is a small community with many amnenities.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
When we come down in August, I think we're going to give Champion's Club a look. I like Nobles Pond very much ... but I'm not locked in yet.

Charley
Charley, Do you know how many sales are in Nobles Pond, to date?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Charley, Do you know how many sales are in Nobles Pond, to date?
No, I have not asked them since last December, when there were (I think) 12.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
No, I have not asked them since last December, when there were (I think) 12.
O.K. thanks....I have a job in there, coming down the pike

Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 41,447 times
Charlie,we recently visited Nobles Pond.My wife loved the homes,and we've visited quite a few.I was wondering if your buying there.It seems very nice,and I know the area is pretty nice,because we live in northern Delaware.We are looking for a 55 community between Dover and Lewes.The beach traffic in Rehoboth is bad all summer,and Dover is close to everything.The thing that worries me about Nobles is it is huge(800 homes),and they don't look like there selling.Is that builder big enough to handle slow times,or could it be another bankrupcy. Thanks Keats

Old 04-18-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keats View Post
Charlie,we recently visited Nobles Pond.My wife loved the homes,and we've visited quite a few.I was wondering if your buying there.It seems very nice,and I know the area is pretty nice,because we live in northern Delaware.We are looking for a 55 community between Dover and Lewes.The beach traffic in Rehoboth is bad all summer,and Dover is close to everything.The thing that worries me about Nobles is it is huge(800 homes),and they don't look like there selling.Is that builder big enough to handle slow times,or could it be another bankrupcy. Thanks Keats
Hi Keats,

Nobles Pond is the clear first choice for us. We do want to see the Americana series recently opened at Champions Club. They have promised to send me additional information that I requested, but it has not arrived yet. I hope to see the Americana models in early August. I've done a comparison of the amenities in each of the two facilities and Nobles Pond has a slight edge. In cost, Champion's Club is slightly less expensive and there is no "ground rent" as one owns the home and the land. However, the homes at Champion's Club are clearly smaller ... and it's the size that I need to see.

I do have time (which is good and bad) before making the decision as my wife has not yet retired.

I hope this helps. Good luck - and always remember to ask lots of questions when you visit any of the communities.

Charley

Old 04-18-2008, 05:55 AM

53 posts, read 117,184 times
Charley
I am heading down to view Champions club today. I only recently heard of their Americana offerings and after receiving the info on it I am anxious to see how they look in person. Their info package is quite nice. I will also be going back to Nobles Pond to see their carriage home models which weren't quite completed when we were last there. Finally, on the way home I am going to drive through the Wild Meadows development to see how it has evolved. I don't mind looking into resale homes if they are only a few years old. Will let you know how Champions compared to the Pond.
Kathy
PS Thanks for all the info you have gathered for all of us. Like you I am about three years away from making the move. Darn job

Old 04-18-2008, 06:17 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keats View Post
They are big and sales are slow. I have heard this. Maybe now they have picked up with the spring.
Have you tried Southern Meadows? They have smaller homes with two car garages. Get a lot of house for your money. We live here in magnolia and love it. And our homes are selling like crazy these past few months.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50down View Post
Charley
I am heading down to view Champions club today. I only recently heard of their Americana offerings and after receiving the info on it I am anxious to see how they look in person. Their info package is quite nice. I will also be going back to Nobles Pond to see their carriage home models which weren't quite completed when we were last there. Finally, on the way home I am going to drive through the Wild Meadows development to see how it has evolved. I don't mind looking into resale homes if they are only a few years old. Will let you know how Champions compared to the Pond.
Kathy
PS Thanks for all the info you have gathered for all of us. Like you I am about three years away from making the move. Darn job
Kathy,

This is a great forum with some extremely knowledgeable people. I've learned much from reading what everyone has to say and have been happy to contribute the things I've seen. Please feel free to do the same and add to our ever-growing body of knowledge.

Glad you're a part of our growing forum!

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware