Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times

Advertisements

It tells you we missed you!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
I have no idea what's for dinner tonight!! Could be grilled chicken breasts, squash/zucchini/peppers/tomatoes, with rice; or it could be pizza, or burgers, or even after reading skbs's post, maybe some stir fry. Something easy and munchable while watching the V.P. debate, whatever it is!!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
I think we are going to do some heavy hors d' oeuvres tonight. Some clam dip, spinach dip, chili-cheese dip, mini hot dogs, smoked oysters, smoked summer sausage on those new triangle triscuits! I am in comfort food mode! LOL Make a nice plate out of a little of this and a lot of that!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I have no idea what's for dinner tonight!! Could be grilled chicken breasts, squash/zucchini/peppers/tomatoes, with rice; or it could be pizza, or burgers, or even after reading skbs's post, maybe some stir fry. Something easy and munchable while watching the V.P. debate, whatever it is!!
Is everyone else as eager about tonight's VP debate as I am? I cannot wait until 6pm rolls around here (west coast airing time). I am thinking of popping some corn just for this occasion!!

We're having Mahi Mahi tonight with some rice left over from last night's dinner of chicken breasts sauteed in Satay sauce and side of baked yams with my special molasses/spiced butter concoction. Will probably make some caesar salad to go with the fish. I had to keep dinner plans simple for two reasons:

1. don't want to miss a second of the debate
2. baking the yams last night partnered with the heat wave we're haivng kept my house a steady 80 degrees even this morning - gah! No more oven stuff until the heat is gone!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:01 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Afternoon all!

Firstly, best wishes to Kats, her mum and all her family, you are amazing the way you keep smiling, so I'm sending more smiles your way in case you run out!!

Hoping today I will find some energy to cook tonight after a busy week at the stove! Maybe it's leftovers for the kids and night out for ma & pa! There's a great movie house near us where they serve food & drinks whilst you watch - and they do a mean mushroom & bacon burger with extra jalapenos mmmm....

Don't think I can bear to watch the debate - it will just make me squirm

Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I think we are going to do some heavy hors d' oeuvres tonight. Some clam dip, spinach dip, chili-cheese dip, mini hot dogs, smoked oysters, smoked summer sausage on those new triangle triscuits! I am in comfort food mode! LOL Make a nice plate out of a little of this and a lot of that!
My kind of gal! I like to do this once in a while, too.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Afternoon all!

Firstly, best wishes to Kats, her mum and all her family, you are amazing the way you keep smiling, so I'm sending more smiles your way in case you run out!!

Hoping today I will find some energy to cook tonight after a busy week at the stove! Maybe it's leftovers for the kids and night out for ma & pa! There's a great movie house near us where they serve food & drinks whilst you watch - and they do a mean mushroom & bacon burger with extra jalapenos mmmm....

Don't think I can bear to watch the debate - it will just make me squirm
Oh do the movie for-it would do me in dietwise for sure!!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh do the movie for-it would do me in dietwise for sure!!!!!
It has to be a noisy movie when you have a big ol' burger, no good for a quiet weepie - or everyone gets to hear all the slurping!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
So, they took my stove away... when they unplugged that nasty sucker FLAMES shot out of the back of it!!!!! FLAMES!!!!! So glad I have a new stove.... OMG... there was melted wires all through the back of the oven!!!! I could have burned the house down!!!!! Can you imagine???? Oh my.... Well, now I have a new safe one and my floor is nice and clean underneath it!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
So, they took my stove away... when they unplugged that nasty sucker FLAMES shot out of the back of it!!!!! FLAMES!!!!! So glad I have a new stove.... OMG... there was melted wires all through the back of the oven!!!! I could have burned the house down!!!!! Can you imagine???? Oh my.... Well, now I have a new safe one and my floor is nice and clean underneath it!!!
Wow glad you didn't burn your house down.

I remember when I replaced the fuse box in our house with a breaker box. The electrician showed me the main power wire and it was soooo corroded that he was shocked that:
#1 I had any electricity
#2 that the house hadn't burned down.

good luck on your new stove!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink