Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 06:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Kmart on Clemson Boulevard in Anderson to close at end of March

Anderson Kmart is closing in March. Are there anymore Kmart left in the Upstate now?

Hopefully they can do something great with that Kmart. Mt Pleasant lost theirs and gained DSW, Dicks, Nordstrom Rack, Kitchen and Co, and J Crew and a few outparcles in return.
Two Kmart stores remain in Greenville County:
  • Store 4016, Kmart Plaza, 1 Kmart Plaza, Greenville, South Carolina 29605-4442
  • Store 7274, Mauldin Square, 129 West Butler Road, Mauldin, South Carolina 29662-2534
Both stores appear to do good business at the present. They do not have compete against Walmart Supercenter in their trade areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Two Kmart stores remain in Greenville County:
  • Store 4016, Kmart Plaza, 1 Kmart Plaza, Greenville, South Carolina 29605-4442
  • Store 7274, Mauldin Square, 129 West Butler Road, Mauldin, South Carolina 29662-2534
Both stores appear to do good business at the present. They do not have compete against Walmart Supercenter in their trade areas.
I think that is the only reason they stay open. I much prefer Walmart over Kmart. They don't compare whatsoever IMHO.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:40 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Bella Vita restaurant in Easley closed at the end of 2016. It was a very small place but had some fantastic food and had been open for 11 years. Sad to see them close but glad I got to eat there one last time on their last weekend.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
As an older person who has traded at both brands for a long time, I prefer KMart. The quality is often better. If you are not prone to look at the underside of clothing and products, you won't be as attuned to better workmanship. It's a real shame what is happening. You have KMart, WMart, Dollar Stores, etc. KMart was the only store that gave WMart competition on better quality.

We are such sheep. We only look at price......

Old 01-19-2017, 12:30 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I think that is the only reason they stay open. I much prefer Walmart over Kmart. They don't compare whatsoever IMHO.
IMO both will eventually be gone too as I think Sears is not going to survive in the long run. I hope it doesn't come to that but I think the writing is on the wall on this one. I do hate this. Kmart is so much closer to home than Walmart.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:40 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Bella Vita restaurant in Easley closed at the end of 2016. It was a very small place but had some fantastic food and had been open for 11 years. Sad to see them close but glad I got to eat there one last time on their last weekend.
Sad, I loved that place.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:14 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
As an older person who has traded at both brands for a long time, I prefer KMart. The quality is often better. If you are not prone to look at the underside of clothing and products, you won't be as attuned to better workmanship. It's a real shame what is happening. You have KMart, WMart, Dollar Stores, etc. KMart was the only store that gave WMart competition on better quality.

It's not so much about us being sheep. K Mart's failure has more to do with themselves than with other companies.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:49 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Store layout makes alot of difference, too.. and remember Target is a big dent in K-Mart as well.

K-Mart's biggest problem, IMO, is store layout and age. Their store layout seems dated and most of their stores certainly are.

The average WalMart is likely under 20 years old. Target would be similar, possibly younger.. K-Mart.. I'd say the average age on those stores is probably closer to 40 years.

The strangest things can make a difference. I prefer WalMart over Target mainly due to convenience, but if all were equal.. I'd go to walmart because of the blue vs red. No kidding. Target stores give me a headache with all the red. Walmarts seem to incorporate more natural lighting as well.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:14 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Dryclean USA in Greer on Wade Hampton and Tryon closed. Hopefully no one had anything there! Not sure when they closed.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:38 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,832 times
Java Jolt on E. Butler Rd has closed. Looks like Java Bistro in Five Forks is the last local coffee shop in the Woodruff Rd area. Hopefully they will survive when the new Starbucks opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area