Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:45 PM

14 posts, read 19,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This has been going on for a long time now.....

There's 2 things to remember as all of this goes on.

Things can only go so far......and..

"There's a limit to EVERYTHING!"

The way these people have been making fools of themselves and stirring up the boiling nitro bowl, their expiration date is right around the corner.
we can only hope and pray you are right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
As a citizen, he waived his rights. As a patriot he waved his flag. It was that "man without a country who waived his flag as well as his rights.
There was a day when the penalty for burning a flag was greater than the penalty for waving a flag. Maybe our Supreme court (with it's multi-cultural staff),
should spend less time dawdling with Roe vs. Wade and, a little more time reaching a deeper understanding of what it is to be an American before they tackle
the deeper issues of just who is, and who is not, an American. Our rights are guaranteed under a simply written document, clear, concise and as briefly condensed
into a simple, well meaning, comprehensive and understandable document, its scheme of thought, so well directed at a class of simple, God fearing people who had
struggled for too long under the burdensome and oppressive yoke of a distant ruling body. I those days, there was a vast ocean that separated them, in this day,
there is an ocean of misunderstanding that must be crossed before things will change. The tea Party movement is largely made up of people just like you and I.
Husbands, wives, kids , businessmen and politicians who're doing something about the bum deal that we are getting from our ruling class. If you cannot understand
that the impetus behind their unrest, the willingness to put their blogging and their facebook priorities, has come for them. They've reached that fine point between
bitching about the way that things are going for the middle class of America, that they've abandoned their laptops, their usual afternoon entertainment, watching
Judge Judy and her brand of swift and meaningless justice and by and large have joined with oters who're dealing with those same frustrations.

I strongly believe that most of these Tea-Partyers have more time on their hands than any other population segment (short of the great depression),
has had in a long time, many being without jobs, some having become entirely dependent upon food pantries, others living in the tent cities that have pockmarked
our once great nation, our once functionally employed people. I've been studying my world for 65 years, privileged in seeing so many societal improvements along
the way but there are too many things about the fabric of our country and the way that it has been bleached, stretched and tattered to a point of utter shame.

If I could go back to a time before America had a greater concern for it's people than I see them having for so many other people who contributed virtually nothing
to our once great, but rapidly vanishing success, I'd be there. Whether it was defending the Alamo, or going down in my buggy to Mr, Hanson's General Store,
there by that little house on the prarie or standing, much as our predecessors did, on some dock there in Boston Mass. and letting the King of England know that they
weren't going to take it anymore.

How very foolish are that bunch of people who have so much trouble understanding this simple and proven truth: "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history,
are doomed to repeat those lessons".

Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM

216 posts, read 234,556 times
Nothing new ya know.. the Americans no longer have a FLAG.
We no longer have the constitution.. the borders no invades..no ...notta
problem ? nope one big obammy family..better cram em in.. and drive em out.
get em while they are down..the double dipper, while we do the free housing
medical for the poor masses. flood the schools we must be a 3rd world contender!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:24 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
This is slightly off subject, maybe, but I happened to be tuned into a classic movie channel today before going to work and the old movie, The Long Grey Line, was on and I know, it is a hokey movie but.....I was struck by the patriotism in it and the good traditions that built this country. I cried when the West Pointers were marching on the field with the American flag in display. It struck me how we are losing our identity. American History is no longer much taught in this country and what do school children know of the Revolutionary War, the sites connected with it; the Civil War and the battlefields that are being encroached upon; the history of institutions like West Point; the young men from the farms and factories of America that suited up and went to the war in Europe and Japan and Korea and VietNam ?

The illegals hve no basis for understanding or caring about the foundations of this country and what made it great. They are here for a paycheck and what America has to offer with no understanding of how we got here, even the slavery, the Jim Crow years, the shunting of the Indians to the revervations under less than ideal conditions, the Japanese incarcerations......but I am also proud of the fact that after we dropped those horrible bombs to stop the war, we went into Japan and were instrumental in making Japan a great country again. We 80% rebuilt the monastary in Italy that was bombed through faulty information, that we get little credit for by the Italians, but we did it our part. A great country with many faults and good traits, despite what some say that have little understanding of people and history and with ideas about utopian societies that do not exist.

Does it bother me that the man was attacked for waving the flag of his country in his own country ? Heck yes ! And I doubt we will do much more about it than comment on a message board.....LOL.
Sorry for the rant. It wasnt a particularly good day and this incident didn't help matters. <s>

Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM

216 posts, read 234,556 times
its never a good day.. when we are forced to shut up and put up.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:38 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
" Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord"

Yeah Yeah, I know, trust me....I can still vent

Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
..LongIslandEddie....The tea Party movement is largely made up of people just like you and I.
Husbands, wives, kids , businessmen and politicians who're doing something about the bum deal that we are getting from our ruling class. If you cannot understand
that the impetus behind their unrest, the willingness to put their blogging and their facebook priorities, has come for them. They've reached that fine point between
bitching about the way that things are going for the middle class of America, that they've abandoned their laptops, their usual afternoon entertainment, watching
Judge Judy and her brand of swift and meaningless justice and by and large have joined with oters who're dealing with those same frustrations.

I strongly believe that most of these Tea-Partyers have more time on their hands than any other population segment (short of the great depression),
has had in a long time, many being without jobs, some having become entirely dependent upon food pantries, others living in the tent cities that have pockmarked
our once great nation, our once functionally employed people. I've been studying my world for 65 years, privileged in seeing so many societal improvements along
the way but there are too many things about the fabric of our country and the way that it has been bleached, stretched and tattered to a point of utter shame.
I am trying to figure out this post. The part about being without jobs has forced a good many of them to food pantries and thank God for them being there. I am not sure whether you are "downing" tea partyers or praising them. They are just people, most of them, who are tired of the problems we are encountering and they are speaking out. I am not a tea partyer but I get tired of the people who act like they are sent from satan himself. Good for them for speaking out and trying to make their voices heard besides just posting on a message board.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
You're Welcome, Geek. This really bothers me, in all my life, w/ all of the different peoples that make up the Melting Pot of the USA, I have NEVER seen ANY other country's flag paraded in the streets of the USA. This really,truly disturbs me, as I have never seen ANY other nationality come to the US & DEMAND that we feed them,clothe them, give them free healthcare, welfare, etc., adapt the language of their home country, etc., AND allow them to march in the streets of the USA waving the flag of their home country.

Imagine if any OTHER country had done that! I never saw Russia, China,Germany,Japan, Italy, France, Vietnam, etc., etc., marching in the streets of our country, waving THEIR flags!! Let alone, trashing the American Flag. Why is this OK if Mexico does it?????
I was out running errands around town yesterday and just before I got to my house I saw a car coming down the main street with an arm sticking out and waving a Mexican flag. I was surprised because I haven't seen anything that blatant in town before. We have a good sized Hispanic population here but, for the most part, they are polite and well mannered. What's left of them anyway. Since SB1070 was signed it has become VERY quiet in my neigborhood but they are, obviously, still around. Whether those were illegals, legals or born here I have no idea but thought it was out of line.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I was out running errands around town yesterday and just before I got to my house I saw a car coming down the main street with an arm sticking out and waving a Mexican flag. I was surprised because I haven't seen anything that blatant in town before. We have a good sized Hispanic population here but, for the most part, they are polite and well mannered. What's left of them anyway. Since SB1070 was signed it has become VERY quiet in my neigborhood but they are, obviously, still around. Whether those were illegals, legals or born here I have no idea but thought it was out of line.
I suspect we will witness much more insolence from illegals and their supporters. We are being taunted, and our noses are being rubbed in their waste. They realize if we object, we are labeled nativists and racists. Their extreme arrogance precludes humility.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I suspect we will witness much more insolence from illegals and their supporters. We are being taunted, and our noses are being rubbed in their waste. They realize if we object, we are labeled nativists and racists. Their extreme arrogance precludes humility.
I agree 100% and wish I knew what the end results are going to be. It won't be 'pretty' no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration