Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Everyone? I mean I figured it was explanatory but I guess I can explain that you saving money on cheaper peaches and onions or carpentry work, lawn care, etc. allows you to spend your money on other things or save it, both of which enrich your life immediately. I could continue with the basic idea that you spending your saved money in the market allows other people to benefit also. This continued effect causes growth, creating jobs, etc. etc.

Probably the same side as the minorities that stood their ground on issues like civil rights and women's suffrage
What minoritys?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
What minoritys?
So illegal aliens are now considered to be "minorities" instead of immigration lawbreakers. Didn't you get the memo?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Do you? Drop the fear-mongering bomb on us please.
No, I have no idea what the total cost would be. Neither do you.

Quote:
Yeah traveling through the desert for thousands of miles to work illegally is sure the easy way....
Sorry, but illegally entering a country does not qualify as “earning” citizenship, regardless of the dangers encountered during their trek. I suppose if I work real hard at blowing a hole in the side of a bank, I have "earned" the right to the contents of the vault.

Quote:
An estimated 75% of illegals pay taxes. We already went over this, even though you didn't like the stats given (by Social Security and the CBO lol) you have yet to provide other sources. Perhaps the Bureau of Prisons has a study? I mean, for all the citations you ask for and hilariously won't accept as legit, let's see this study showing Mexicans wanting to dodge taxes rofl. I won't hold my breath.
If illegal aliens are “undocumented” and there is no separate line item on IRS tax returns, and no individual category assigned by SSA designated for “illegal taxpayers”, then, how could they possibly determine if, or what, illegal aliens pay? Perhaps you can explain this mysterious phenomenon. Furthermore, why would pro-illegal politicians argue that we need to legalize illegal aliens, because they are living in the shadows, not paying taxes, and if legalized they could THEN pay taxes? In addition, if 75% of illegal aliens are currently paying their fair share of taxes, that would mean they pay taxes at a higher percentage than U.S. citizens, given that an estimated 47% of citizens do NOT pay taxes due to their adjusted wages and allowable credits. Hilarious!

Quote:
America has two economies: First, there's the legitimate economy, in which craftsmen are licensed and employers and employees pay taxes. Then there's the fast-growing underground economy, where millions of nannies, construction workers, landscapers and others are paid off the books, their incomes largely untaxed. The best guess as to the size of the output of this shadow economy is about $970 billion, or nearly 9% that of the real economy. It could soon pass $1 trillion.
Clearly, they are NOT paying taxes.

Quote:
In the process, the underground economy is undermining the effectiveness of the IRS. If the IRS could collect all the taxes it says that it is owed from the underground economy in a given year, then the current budget deficit would disappear overnight. And if the IRS could collect these taxes every year, then the nation would have surpluses far into the future. The IRS has estimated that its tax gap-the amount of taxes owed minus the amount collected-is around $311 billion in any given year. A new estimate due out this year could be as high as $400 billion, says former IRS Commissioner Donald Alexander.
The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition (http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/05apr/econ_underground.htm - broken link)

Quote:
No, it's completely conducive to that and like economics 101. A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy. It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.
Don’t make me laugh. Illegals have been here for years, yet the costs for goods and services continue to climb. Why? Because, illegal aliens only benefit themselves, their countries, and their greedy employers.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Ummm no it's not, as they pay billions in federal taxes and social security that they never receive. Speaking of law breakers, I suggest we start treating speeders like bank robbers too to keep up with your level of hyperbole. You game?

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com
Ummm yes it is, after factoring in the cost for healthcare, welfare, education, etc.. Unless you're implying that illegals and their American born children don't receive any of these services? We have been over this many times and it is a net loss for the U.S..

Don't most speeders receive a fine when caught? Are you suggesting the police stop enforcing speeding laws?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 PM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition (http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/05apr/econ_underground.htm - broken link)
Hey the Social Security isn't a good enough source of information let's trust some guy in an article with no source at all for his statement that starts with
Quote:
The best guess....
How do you know that the SS hasn't figured this 9% of the economy in it's 25% not paying taxes estimate? Even if they didn't figure this 9% in, that effects the SS estimate how much? Not much at all. In fact, 9% at most if all of those 9% in the article were illegal aliens which they aren't. My point remains that a majority of illegals pay taxes and this proves little.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
No, I have no idea what the total cost would be. Neither do you.

Sorry, but illegally entering a country does not qualify as “earning” citizenship, regardless of the dangers encountered during their trek. I suppose if I work real hard at blowing a hole in the side of a bank, I have "earned" the right to the contents of the vault.

If illegal aliens are “undocumented” and there is no separate line item on IRS tax returns, and no individual category assigned by SSA designated for “illegal taxpayers”, then, how could they possibly determine if, or what, illegal aliens pay? Perhaps you can explain this mysterious phenomenon. Furthermore, why would pro-illegal politicians argue that we need to legalize illegal aliens, because they are living in the shadows, not paying taxes, and if legalized they could THEN pay taxes? In addition, if 75% of illegal aliens are currently paying their fair share of taxes, that would mean they pay taxes at a higher percentage than U.S. citizens, given that an estimated 47% of citizens do NOT pay taxes due to their adjusted wages and allowable credits. Hilarious!

Clearly, they are NOT paying taxes.

Don’t make me laugh. Illegals have been here for years, yet the costs for goods and services continue to climb. Why? Because, illegal aliens only benefit themselves, their countries, and their greedy employers.
I can vouch for that. I am simply amazed how the price of groceries has gone up including produce, fruit, etc. Before the housing bubble burst homes were selling for twice as much as they are today while all these illegals were monopolizing construction jobs. Where was the savings?

I totally agree with your last sentence but the PC, bleeding hearts and ethnocentrics don't give a damn. They have their own sinister agenda and it doesn't include what is best for this country or its citizens.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Hey the Social Security isn't a good enough source of information let's trust some guy in an article with no source at all for his statement that starts withHow do you know that the SS hasn't figured this 9% of the economy in it's 25% not paying taxes estimate? Even if they didn't figure this 9% in, that effects the SS estimate how much? Not much at all. In fact, 9% at most if all of those 9% in the article were illegal aliens which they aren't. My point remains that a majority of illegals pay taxes and this proves little.
Hmm. . . Unless Social Security has a secret method for determining the contributions of illegal aliens, they, and you, are simply grasping at straws. Again, where is their data? How do they identify these fraudulent contributors? Furthermore, if they in fact know the identities of millions of illegal aliens, and they are not reporting them to the proper authorities, they are guilty of aiding and abetting, just for starters. . . Corruption abounds.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 PM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
Hmm. . . Unless Social Security has a secret method for determining the contributions of illegal aliens, they, and you, are simply grasping at straws. Again, where is their data? How do they identify these fraudulent contributors? Furthermore, if they in fact know the identities of millions of illegal aliens, and they are not reporting them to the proper authorities, they are guilty of aiding and abetting, just for starters. . . Corruption abounds.

Yeah they actually have their studies available to read if you aren't a linktard. Where are the sources, citations and methodology for your WSJ piece of work? lol.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,101 times
Default The last paragraph says it all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Because the ICE has more clients than they can handle. Women with fresh babies are the last thing they want to deal with...or anyone in ill health. They cost money and time and take up facilities and can be hard to actually get deported. So they take the criminals and the multiple offenders which quite consumes the avaiable resource. What would you do? Take 10 from the jail or one from the hospital.

In the event of a crash of a car full of aliens the immgration folk take no one who is injured into custody. They leave them for the locals. May arrest and deport them...but only after they get out of the hospital.

Note that poor citizens also get their babies for free. In most hospitals the majority of the charity patients are citizens.

The problem is simply not solvable with the existing resource. Or with two or three times the existing resource. And there is no will to vastly increase the size of ICE to push the illegals out.

Until citizens are willing to stand toe to toe with the issues and form a united front against them nothing will change. Our Government needs to know that we as a people will not tolerate the usurping of our resources any longer...how many different ways does it need to be said?

snopes.com: Parkland Memorial Hospital and Illegal Immigrants

Many of you, like me, recieved this email several years ago..read it again..and read Snopes take on the email...interesting on both sides.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah they actually have their studies available to read if you aren't a linktard. Where are the sources, citations and methodology for your WSJ piece of work? lol.
Apparently you a trying to get this thread closed also. Linktard? How mature. We have been through this before. There is no credible data. Likewise, our government has no idea how many illegals are here. Anyone can guesstimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.