Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
1- Aren't Latinos also "Hispanic"? Hummm....

2- For someone that cares not whether the term Chicano is pejorative or not, you have a long winded "opinion" of what kind that person IS! We are still all entitled to our personal ideological beliefs.

3- Tricky answer Liq! 2 - 4 months here, 2 - 4 months there, well you know, it adds up to 12 eventually. ;-)

What was the question? Oh, just tell the obstructionists in charge in congress to get their partisan noses out of big corporate's back-sides long enough to pass a comprehensive guest worker program, that allows workers to return to India, Mexico, or wherever when work is finished. while they're at it, maybe up the NUMBER of H-2A visas available just a little each year...? Just a thought.
1) Not all Latino's are of Hispanic ethnicity as some are solely of Mayan, Aztec, etc. ancestry.
2) it wasn't an opinion, but a defining of what is Chicano ideology.
3) I note you know nothing of the H2A visa, it is evident with your maybe up the NUMBER of H-2A visas available just a little each year...? Just a thought., there is already NO QUOTA to the amount of H2A's allowed, so the farmers could literally bring in the entire worlds population under the H2A.

The farmers complaint is that they only need them for short periods not the full length or the required length, hence shortening the time allowed as I suggested.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getf...TELPRDC5087918

The U.S.D.A. seems to think there is a problem.
Look at that, your link agrees with me, the only difference is that they recommened allowing for the migration between employers as they migrate quite a bit. Migrant workers frequently move from state to state.

I never stated there wasn't a problem.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Including anchor babies? After all, they are here legally.
I would argue that Transient Alien Laws of each State deny Citizenship to "Anchor Babies".

From California
Government Code 241:
Quote:
240. The people, as a political body, consist of: (a) Citizens who are electors. (b) Citizens not electors. 241. The citizens of the State are: (a) All persons born in the State and residing within it, except the children of transient aliens and of alien public ministers and consuls. (b) All persons born out of the State who are citizens of the United States and residing within the State. 242. Persons in the State not its citizens are either: (a) Citizens of other States; or (b) Aliens.
Article 1. General - Sections 240-245 :: California Government Code :: 2005 California Code :: California Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

You could also look up what each State defines as a Citizen of said State in order to become a Citizen of the United States.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 06-24-2011 at 10:18 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I've been reading that illegal immigrant parents in Georgia are signing papers which basically turn their American-born children over to legal immigrant family members because they are AFRAID of being caught and deported or they are preparing to remove themselves from the United States..

If I am going about my business and not doing anything illegal, I am not AFRAID. This tells us that these illegal immigrants KNOW they are doing something ILLEGAL, otherwise they would have no fear of the consequences for their actions.

My LEGAL immigrant husband and I just enjoyed a meal prepared for us by our LEGAL immigrant daughter-in-law, which was paid for by my son through LEGALLY earned money. We ate it in the home paid for by my LEGAL immigrant husband, who obtains his livelihood LEGALLY. We have no fear.

I don't feel any sadness for the FEAR of these illegal immigrants, nor do I feel sad that they are opting to leave their children behind instead of taking them back to Mexico with them. They are making the CHOICE to abandon these supposedly much-loved meal tickets, er...children, behind, and they made the CHOICE to put their children in this situation in the first place.
Yeah, so much for their cries of "separation of family" when they are doing it themselves.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:49 PM

93 posts, read 73,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When one has absolute evidence that someone is guilty of a crime whether they be an immigrant or a citizen they shouldn't be defended by regular people. That isn't to stay they still shouldn't have their day in court. You don't know the difference between being defended in court and someone who isn't in a LE position? I never said they shouldn't be treated humanely either.

We should treat the greedy employers just as we do illegal aliens. They are both guilty of breaking the law.

Did I make everything clear enough for you now? As there seems be one heck of reading comprehension problem in this forum of late.
Can't read minds bud.

You are all over the place tho.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
This dont have anything to do with illegals bustin out of Georgia.
Take that up with Liquid Reigns.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Just as long as the illegals do not cross the Alabama line. We need one virgin territory left to call America after the American flag is taken down in the other 49 states.
Does that fly above or below the stars and bars in your state......?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
Does that fly above or below the stars and bars in your state......?
On my soil, all flags fly subordinate to the stars and bars. They'll need to take me down before they take her down.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
1) Not all Latino's are of Hispanic ethnicity as some are solely of Mayan, Aztec, etc. ancestry.
That would be Indians. We know the distinction. Split hairs much?

Quote:
2) it wasn't an opinion, but a defining of what is Chicano ideology.
Defined by you. There are many definations.

Quote:
3) I note you know nothing of the H2A visa, it is evident with our maybe up the NUMBER of H-2A visas available just a little each year...? Just a thought., there is already NO QUOTA to the amount of H2A's allowed, so the farmers could literally bring in the entire worlds population under the H2A.
I didn't say there was a quota, did I? I meant the restrictions for obtaining visas are often more red tape that most employers wish to go thru. The system is obviously flawed.... and it leads to cheating.
Employment Law Guide - Temporary Agricultural Workers (H-2A Visas) (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/taw.htm - broken link)

Quote:
The farmers complaint is that they only need them for short periods not the full length or the required length, hence shortening the time allowed as I suggested.
HuH? There are farms here that grow crops year round......>

Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
On my soil, all flags fly subordinate to the stars and bars. They'll need to take me down before they take her down.
That would be called the CSA, not the USA.

They lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration