Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
The property taxes are figured in any rent paid. Apartment complexes all over the city pay property taxes. You are going to try to tell me the owners don't pass that cost onto the renter? LOL.

As per your previous example about the owner pocketing the savings and doing drugs or something with it, how is it the renters (legal or illegal) fault that the owner is committing tax fraud?

If the renter isn't responsible for the landlord using that money for drugs than he can hardly take credit for the landlord paying taxes. The landlord pays the taxes whether the dwelling is occupied or not.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
So you think property taxes should be based on cost per student in school? Or by what? How should we alot property taxes in Benicar's world, because you seem to have a problem with multiple people living in a house. It seems odd though. My family had 5 children living under the same roof. Do you think we owe more property taxes than the million dollar house next to us who only had one person in it? I am curious.
My issue is not with the number of children per family. My issue is with the number of illegal alien children per family that I, as a taxpayer, must subsidize. My son never attended a public school, but I still pay for other children. I have no problem with that. I only resent paying for the children of people who should not be here. I hope this clarifies my position.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 PM

148 posts, read 85,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My issue is not with the number of children per family. My issue is with the number of illegal alien children per family that I, as a taxpayer, must subsidize. My son never attended a public school, but I still paid for other children. I had no problem with that. I only resent paying for the children of people who should not be here. I hope this clarifies my position.
yes, but property taxes makes no difference between illegal and legal residence, nor the amount of occupants. You aren't subsidizing any illegal alien in your school district. If they live in the area they are contributing to the school no more than you are subsidizing a legal family of the same occupancy.

Last edited by VerticalReasoning; 07-09-2011 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-09-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If the renter isn't responsible for the landlord using that money for drugs than he can hardly take credit for the landlord paying taxes. The landlord pays the taxes whether the dwelling is occupied or not.
Landlords pass tax costs onto the renters. Illegal aliens, if they live on that property, are paying a portion of the taxes congruent to whatever the landlord thinks is a fair approximation. legal aliens, citizens, and illegal aliens are paying the same amount of property taxes when they rent because the rent doesn't discriminate.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
This doesn't really make sense. The immigrants have not really affected my life in the slightest. If they were rampantly spreading diseases then it would be all over the news. If there were terrorists attacks committed by illegals that would be all over the newscast as well. They have already came here in droves and nothing has happened, the majority are looking for employment.

Obviously, you don’t realize at least 4 of the 9/11 terrorists were here on expired visas. In other words, they were illegal aliens. But, I suppose that doesn’t count. We’ll have to wait for an attack by a group illegally crossing our borders.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
yes, but property taxes makes no difference between illegal and legal residence, nor the amount of occupants. You aren't subsidizing any illegal alien in your school district. If they live in the area they are contributing to the school any more than you are subsidizing a legal family of the same occupancy.
Again, I oppose ANY of my tax dollars being used to support illegal aliens. So, yes, it does make a difference to me. Unless they are paying the $7,000-$20,000 per year per child, then I am still subsidizing their education.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Again, I oppose ANY of my tax dollars being used to support illegal aliens. So, yes, it does make a difference to me. Unless they are paying the $7,000-$20,000 per year per child, then I am still subsidizing their education.
Cool so that whole thing about not paying "their fair share" was just a smoke screen that you really didn't believe as they are paying their fair share, but you don't care.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Cool so that whole thing about not paying "their fair share" was just a smoke screen that you really didn't believe as they are paying their fair share, but you don't care.
No, it wasn’t a smoke screen. If they were actually paying their fair share, I, as well as other taxpayers, would not need to pay for them. But we do.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
This doesn't really make sense. The immigrants have not really affected my life in the slightest. If they were rampantly spreading diseases then it would be all over the news. If there were terrorists attacks committed by illegals that would be all over the newscast as well. They have already came here in droves and nothing has happened, the majority are looking for employment.

We are not talking about immigrants that have taken the proper steps and become legal. Don't confuse the two. There is a separate forum for legal immigration for those that chose to do the right thing.

Apparently you haven't read about the diseases that were eradicated in our country making a comeback. And I guess you haven't seen the reports of numerous terrorists being stopped at the southern border since it is common knowledge that thousands sneak across every year. And I guess it doesn't affect you that we have a 9.2% unemployment level and our country is on the brink of bankruptcy. So I guess if you haven't been aware enough to see these things and you don't understand the difference between an immigrant and an illegal it wouldn't make sense.

Do you realize that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the USA? If it bothers you that much why not just learn the language?
Gee, and why not just have the Spanish speakers learn English like they are supposed to do when they enter legally? Why should it bother them to learn the language of the country they are taking from? Why are US citizens expected to learn a new language to make people feel more comfortable that are coming here illegally? If you go to Mexico do you expect to be spoken to in English?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:

I can see that you have nothing to show that illegals actually contribute to the US economy so you twist words and accuse people of making things up.

Can't say I blame you because you have no way to prove you case. Illegals are a drain on our economy. And they brazenly accuse US citizens of being lazy because they don't want to support them and their families. What a sense of entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration